LDN Wrestling presents World of Sport on ITV

Big Rob

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add nothing in particular probably ITV studios is the remnants of the old Granada TV Out put which has been rebranded. They make stuff for other channels including University Challenge for the Beeb, so there is no guarantee it will be the ITV channels it is shown for. They also have many many affiliates abroad in US, Australia etc.. So could well be shown there as well.. Just saying

Posted on the LDN website this evening...

INTERVIEW WITH LDN MANAGING DIRECTOR SANJAY BAGGA

Published Thursday, 8th August 2013

With news breaking earlier this week, that LDN have been exclusively contracted for the World of Sport Wrestling show by Wos Wrestling Ltd on 17th November that is to be filmed for ITV, LDNWRESTLING.COM recently sat down with LDN Managing Director Sanjay Bagga. Here are some quotes on his thoughts about the upcoming taping.

-Really excited about the show, my phones been off the hook with interest from wrestlers from not only Britain but all over the world.

-We are always looking for up and coming athletes and have already contacted some of the top British technical wrestlers for this event. Here at LDN, we are fortunate enough to have several technically adept wrestlers such as: Alan Lee Travis and Yorghos Christopolous as an example, both of whom have extensive experience against legendary WOS opponents that are also seconded to the Company, the likes of Johnny Saint, Dave Fit Finlay,

• Paid Members
In 2013 WOS Wrestling Ltd sold numerous trade mark rights to World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc

Is that new information? Anyone know what was sold?

Wasn't it something to do with the new Bret Hart DVD? I remember a rumour floating about that Bret wanted a World of Sport match on there. Lister will probably know.

• Paid Members

I know they wanted a Bret Hart-Marty Jones match for the recent Bret DVD set, but either couldn't sort out a deal or couldn't get in touch with the right people at ITV Sport in time to get it included.

• Paid Members

Reply from my contact at ITV Sports:

We have no plans to televise this event. We have agreed that WOS Wrestling are allowed limited use of the World of Sport brand, solely in connection with this event. Any use of ITV branding in connection with the event is unauthorised. Filming or taping of this event is a matter for the organisers.

I hope this clarifies things. Have a lovely weekend.

Is it just me who had the impression that all they were saying was "we're going to be putting on a show under the WOS banner, we're going to book these sorts of names and we're going to try and get soembody from ITV to look at the tape and consider us?" Other people seem to think they've made promises that I haven't really read them as making.

Archived