LDN Wrestling presents World of Sport on ITV

Big Rob

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually it was "Superstar" Tony Sefton who did the moonsault from a cupboard, but I agree that it's strange to think how far it's come.

Ah, I'd completely forgotten about his existence. Somebody should make a cupboard match in place of the usual ladder match. There's loads you could do with a cupboard.

• Moderators

Not sure. I was only ever really aware of Tony Sefton in IPW.

He was on one of the first Britwres cards I ever went to, which was Samoa Joe's apperance at IPW in Orpington Halls.

Prior to that I had been only big shows with big names/imports - Frontiers of Honour, Coventry Skydome, visiting ROH show maybe..?I forget. The timelines get very blurred in my memory!

Actually it was "Superstar" Tony Sefton who did the moonsault from a cupboard, but I agree that it's strange to think how far it's come.

Ah, I'd completely forgotten about his existence. Somebody should make a cupboard match in place of the usual ladder match. There's loads you could do with a cupboard.

if the cupobards big enough and doesnt have any shelves, you could have the wreslters climb the cupboard to grab the keys hanging from the roof, then try to stuff their opponent in it and lock it.

Oh dear, reading that back its Russoriffic. :(

I was thinking a match where you have to climb to the top of the cupboard, and so these two guys kill each other trying to do that, and then the cupboard opens and a guy who's been sleeping it easily wins the match.

If I'm remembering Sefton rightly, and its quite possible I'm not, he had a fair bit of charisma about him at least.

• 1 month later...

An update [re: the talent scheduled to appear]:

The World of Sport comeback event at Croydon's Fairfield Halls, which is being taped for ITV, will feature new wrestlers, but promises to be in the spirit of the original World of Sport Wrestling, utilizing the Mountevans rules.

Flying in exclusively to wrestle the Mountevens style is international superstar Matt Kaye (formally Matt Striker).

In addition we can reveal, the man of 1000 holds the legendary Johnny Saint will be be the special guest referee in the main event.

Wrestlers scheduled to appear include the Hooligans, 35 stone Karl Krammer, Alan Lee Travis, The Peckham Playboy Hakan and many more.

World of Sport Wrestling legend Johnny Kidd is also scheduled to wrestle.

Steve Grey and a number of other World of Sport Wrestling legends will also be making a special appearance.

Veteran British wrestling commentator Lee Bamber is scheduled to attend and get back behind the microphone. Master of ceremonies Steve Lytton and "Ukulele" John Atkins are also scheduled to appear.

• Paid Members
I remember seeing him in the audience for a show once and thinking how normal and bored his poor girlfriend he had dragged along looked.

I also remember that he had absolutely no fucking cardio and would get ridiculously blown up.

Aren't "Superstar" Tony Sefton and Tony Simpson, former MD of FWA, the same person?

Yes, they are.

Archived