LDN Wrestling presents World of Sport on ITV

Big Rob

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news but there are a couple of strange things going on.

Despite being named in the press release as being at the show, Kendo is saying on Facebook that he isn't actually booked for the show. His rep is also questioning itvs involvement.

Hopefully just a few I's to dot and T's to cross and everything will be sorted.

Thank you for your email regarding ITV bringing back World of Sport Wrestling.

Unfortunately I can only advise these are just rumours. Sorry to disappoint on this occasion.

I do hope there will be other sport you would like to watch on our ITV4 channel.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance in the future.

Thats the standard ITV email response being sent to everyone that asks them about it, it s appeared in the Facebook groups a few times now.

The latest seem sot be that ITV are filming it for discussion but without plans to show it yet

• Paid Members

Yeah, don't read too much into that ITV response. I emailed them a couple of years ago asking about the long-rumoured documentary on Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan which ITV were meant to be showing 'soon'. I got that response almost word for word and then lo and behold, the documentary popped up on ITV about two months later.

Yeah, don't read too much into that ITV response. I emailed them a couple of years ago asking about the long-rumoured documentary on Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan which ITV were meant to be showing 'soon'. I got that response almost word for word and then lo and behold, the documentary popped up on ITV about two months later.

That was a cracking programme to boot.

This could be fantastic for the sport in the uk.

I think part of the problem is that people have become a little dubious about big announcements, and when small cracks appear (eg Kendo being announced but then his rep being very vocal about him not being booked) appear people start to expect the worse.

When ITV were mentioned everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was being filmed to be broadcast and it was a done deal, the reality is a little different.

Archived