LDN Wrestling presents World of Sport on ITV

Big Rob

• Paid Members

So this sounds like this is being taped by ITV Studios, rather than the broadcaster itself, and they can then, in essence, shop this around to try and get a full series commissioned, or to find a platform for this, much like a pilot? Or have I mis-interpreted this entirely?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
However, ITV has confirmed that the show will not be broadcast on any of its TV channels.

A spokesman said: "We have no plans to televise this event."

Way to contradict yourself in the space of two lines.

Not at all, John. It is the TV channels aspect that is key. That is what the majority of speculation has concerned, and that is what ITV have clarified: the show will not be televised.

That is only one form of broadcast. As mentioned later in the piece, online streaming may be a platform for the taping.

No contradiction. An idea specific to TV channels is set up, and then supported with an official statement containing a specific reference to being televised.

No, my point is that ITV saying they have no plans to televise it is not the same as ITV confirming they won't show it.

• Paid Members

There is a contradiction. The report asserts that ITV have confirmed it won't be broadcast on ITV. It's supporting quote as evidence for this assertion is ITV saying they have no plans to televise it.

Saying you have no plans to do something is not the same as saying it won't happen. I have no plans to go to Sainsburys today. That doesn't mean its accurate to report I have confirmed I will not be going to Sainsbury's today.

• Paid Members

Nope.

Not clarified.

"Has no plans to" does not equal "confirmed it will not."

The headline for the Mirror article reads "ITV confirm that World of Sport wrestling will not be returning to its TV channels". The opening line reads "World of Sport wrestling will not be returning to ITV." But the only quote from ITV supporting these claims says "We have no plans to televise this event."

So either the Mirror have written it sloppily and left out a quote directly supporting their main claim, or they've completely misunderstood what ITV have actually told them.

• Paid Members

El Guapo confirms he will not be posting again on UKFF.

El Guapo will not be posting again on UKFF.

blah blah blah

El Guapo has confirmed he will not be posting again on UKFF. He said: "I have no plans to post again on UKFF."

• Paid Members
There is a contradiction. The report asserts that ITV have confirmed it won't be broadcast on ITV . It's supporting quote as evidence for this assertion is ITV saying they have no plans to televise it.

Saying you have no plans to do something is not the same as saying it won't happen. I have no plans to go to Sainsburys today. That doesn't mean its accurate to report I have confirmed I will not be going to Sainsbury's today.

ITV Studios are working with external partners to produce a taping. ITV the broadcaster has no intention of airing said taping on its TV channels.

ITV Studios will be the owner of the footage. But ITV the channel, just one aspect of ITV Broadcasting Ltd, has no intention of airing the footage which another subsidiary of its parents company owns.

That does not exclude the possibility it can air elsewhere, within different media, even within other divisions of ITV Broadcasting Ltd.

With no plans to televise on ITV the channel, there can be no claim that World of Sport is returning to ITV (the channel).

Hence no return to television, as speculated.

Situation laid out in first two paragraphs = clarified.

This is the stupidest discussargument I've ever stumbled across. As Lister said, no plans is not some sort of binding resolution, el guano.

Archived