Smackdown Spoilers

PSF

I would assume this is leading to a Booker T return to put some 'Faces' into the MITB match in a wave of glory. (Probably have the heels have to defend their spot)

Anyway. I am picking Ambrose. The dynamic of a member of The Shield with the case would be really threatening.

What credible faces are there though? Sin Cara? R Truth I guess? Kofi and Mysterio are still injured. Maybe it'll be a way to bring back Evan Bourne.

Christian, Miz, Gabriel, Santino and Sin Cara spring to mind as viable face contenders, however I do believe the problem with having 2 MITB matches is that you enviably fill them up with filler guys.

Who do reckon will win them? Bryan and Sandow have got to be favourites surely?

Miz vs Curtis Axel for US title will probs be the pre show match.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sandow/Sheamus Dublin street fight was quality. Loved the use of the legs of the upturned chair which was a nasty looking spot I don't think I've seen before. Also, potatoes! As much as he can irritate me I love Sheamus's ability to make he's opponents look super strong in defeat. Shame Damo didn't get to rename it the Sandow street fight :laugh:. Sandow hasn't looked this dangerous since when he arrived and I'd love to see him get the briefcase. His partner's on a big losing streak though so I put my money on Cody for MITB.

The demotion of the Shield is shit but I'll wait to see how things play out post-MITB before it bothers me. They did play out their loss pretty well to be fair and the crowd went nuts. Plus I bloody love the Uso's so I'm chuffed to see them finally getting some spotlight.

AJ has single handedly made the Diva's relevant again just like Eve was starting to before she went. I still laughed at her in the muscle suit from the Raw replay. Kaitlyn coming out and doing the lazy slut shaming thing was horrible though but at least we got Natalya! She earned a title shot, make it happen..

Daniel Bryan is quickly becoming very annoying. I don't know what it's gonna take for them to change him but I don't see how this silly midcard gimmick is gonna fly when he's feuding with Cena. Apparently that one is going to have the fucking Bella's involved in it which is what I was fearing.

Quite a good Smackdown. Jericho bullying Ryback was stupid. Dolph doing the lone wolf thing is quite interesting. As much as I would like him to be one I just don't see him pulling off being a babyface.

• Moderators

I think a lot of the problem with me RE: Ziggler is that I've not really been given a reason to like him. Ok, so he got smacked around the head a bit. He's a wrestler, he knows the score and Del Rio was well within his rights. That's how I looked at it. There's nothing about him that says "babyface" for me, and now he's a face he'll have to cut back on his big bumping anyway. Heels are the pinballs in WWE, not blue eyes.

Daniel Bryan is quickly becoming very annoying. I don't know what it's gonna take for them to change him but I don't see how this silly midcard gimmick is gonna fly when he's feuding with Cena. Apparently that one is going to have the fucking Bella's involved in it which is what I was fearing.

Yeah I thought they would do that too. Seems like they would hype the Total Divas reality show rather than the WWE title.

As far as Smackdown goes it was good stuff but as always we will probably see a rematch or two on raw next week.

Strange with the MITB World Title match with all heels being in it. If they don't change it then I will go with Dean Ambrose to win and Barrett as an outsider.

I did like the undercurrent of the Booker and Teddy storyline and how they are building towards it even though Booker is out injured

It was good by Smackdown standards. Kaitlyn was pitch-perfect on the AJ impression, that was the highlight for me. And Kaitlyn's useless half the time so it just further points to AJ's act being an easy-to-do, over-the-top caricature. I watched an interview with AJ the other day, and she didn't come across anywhere near as annoying as she has done on WWE TV since her first day on NXT.

The Usos getting a win over The Shield was good, because fuck The Shield just being three blokes who win all the time. They're the ones that cunts in the crowd should be chanting "Goldberg" at. The problem with it for me was Christian getting the win. He's had his time, he looks halfway as bad as CM Punk, and he's never getting to the top again. He's as established as he ever will be. The Usos beating The Shield with the splash would've helped them more.

Daniel Bryan was fun all night, especially on commentary.

The Shield will be scaled back with the arrival of the family anyway but it was proper shit to have them lose to Christian. Rollins and Reigns looked especially pissed off though so maybe they'll use it as a way to add a guy or replace Ambrose down the line. Has there been any rumblings of a Shield vs DX match because that's where I thought they were heading with the Vince and Trips' stuff the other week.

Surely The Usos and Christian are just keeping The Shield busy until an Undertaker & Kane v Shield Summerslam match?

If the fans are to think for a second that Christian or The Usos would win then having them win a 6 Man makes sense, and as someone said before you can argue that The Shield are reeling from the loss to D Bryan and co.

• Paid Members

I liked The Shield losing again. I find it pretty funny that some people in this thread were shitting on it before the show had even aired. They can't be pushed as being unbeatable since they lost to Hell No & Randy the other week, that's gone. It had to happen eventually and it was a brilliant moment when it did but now that they have got it out of the way they can actually tell some different stories with The Shield. They need to be able to take some losses to do that and I liked the way it played out on SmackDown. Reigns and Rollins looked furious with Ambrose for losing, there are little hints that The Shield are cracking. It's great for the Usos too, I do like these guys and I'm glad to see them getting something of a push. Feuding with The Shield is big for them.

I didn't mind them winning but the wrong guy got the win. Should The Usos have done it, it could go 2 ways - it could push The Usos to the moon or they could use it to tell the story of "it's a fluke". With Christian, he's an ex-World Heavyweight Champion, we already know he's good. The only story to tell from that is "oh Christian earns a title shot with that win!", which is the story for EVERY United States Title defence for as long as I can remember.

The best thing to come out of this would be to have The Shield come out and lay out all 3 with absolute ease. Ryback is now a complete bitch, too.

The only story to tell from that is "oh Christian earns a title shot with that win!", which is the story for EVERY United States Title defence for as long as I can remember.

I didn't mind that one loss for them but I'd hate it if they continue down this road. It's not as if losses will hurt their future but becoming part of the shite parity booking that everyone else on the roster is a victim of will take away from what made them feel special in the first place.

Curtis Axel is useless. Absolutely fucking useless.

I mean, i'm sure he's a 'good hand' but he talks like shit, looks like shit, has a shit finisher and pulls the goofiest faces.

Though, at least he's not The Miz. He's beyond awful. Star Wars jokes? Really?

• Paid Members

The Miz really is wank as a babyface isn't he? Those Star Wars jokes were so bad, I can't believe he actually agreed to say that shit out loud. He's just completely unlikeable in his current role.

Curtis Axel isn't too bad, I'm actually enjoying what they're doing with him. Looks like they can't make their mind up about what his finisher should be though. He's used about four different ones in the past month.

Archived