Smackdown Spoilers

PSF

Credit: Jim H & PWTorch.com

The ring crew brought out an Irish flag, three bars complete with Bud Light taps (come on, no Guiness?), green bar stools, and green kendo sticks for the Dublin Street Fight. They also hung a donkey pi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a decent enough show.

The MITB match looks interesting. Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Fandango, Cody Rhodes, and Damien Sandow. All heels which shows you the lack of depth in the midcard at the min. I would have swapped Swagger with Sin Cara, just so all the participants had never been a World Champion. But not a clue who will win. Could be anyone of them really with Swagger, Fandango and Cesaro probably the longshots.

Don't agree with the fella that wrote the report moaning about the Shield losing again. The Uso's needed that win, otherwise they would look like they would have no chance in hell of winning the tag straps. They don't obviously, but this was a good result for them.

• Paid Members

The Shield losing to The Usos and Christian is bloody stupid. They've dominated against the top stars around- Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Undertaker, Kane, Bryan, Ryback and Big Show yet they lose against shitty Christian and the Samoan Job Squad?

• Paid Members

They backed themselves into a corner with The Shield. They can't have them beat thrown-together main eventer tag teams from debut onwards for months and then have a team like The Usos beat them, but they can't have them fighting non-teams forever. I still don't agree with the result though, shocking.

• Paid Members

I've got no problem with it. You can play it off easily by saying the first Six Man loss has shaken up their game plan a bit, leading them to be a bit off in future matches. They now know they are not invincible anymore and it affects their game.

I'll watch it purely because of my fascination with dressed-up stipulation No DQ matches and area-specific street fights. The Shield loss seems moronic on paper, but hopefully they can do it justice on TV. Also, Ryback squashes are always welcome.

I don't care about Randy Orton or Smackdown usually, so just hearing about a slow-paced Orton match on Smackdown is sending me to sleep already.

• Paid Members

Not too much weirder than having an all baby face one on raw. Especially since the raw title holder is a face and the smackdown one is heel.

The thing with Having the uso's win this match is it doesn't mean anything. The uso's will lose their shot and everyone knows it. The only logic I can see is that they're trying to get the emphasis off them as a six man unit and onto them as the champions

Not too much weirder than having an all baby face one on raw. Especially since the raw title holder is a face and the smackdown one is heel.

The thing with the all face one is that (in theory) they all have likable qualities, you just pick your favourite.

With the all heel one, you have to pick your favourite out of a bunch of despicable bastards, which is harder to invest in. It might be okay for some fans like us who will appreciate a heel's skills, but how is the casual fan/audience member meant to invest in the match if they don't like anyone in it?

I would assume this is leading to a Booker T return to put some 'Faces' into the MITB match in a wave of glory. (Probably have the heels have to defend their spot)

Anyway. I am picking Ambrose. The dynamic of a member of The Shield with the case would be really threatening.

I would assume this is leading to a Booker T return to put some 'Faces' into the MITB match in a wave of glory. (Probably have the heels have to defend their spot)

Anyway. I am picking Ambrose. The dynamic of a member of The Shield with the case would be really threatening.

What credible faces are there though? Sin Cara? R Truth I guess? Kofi and Mysterio are still injured. Maybe it'll be a way to bring back Evan Bourne.

What credible faces are there though? Sin Cara? R Truth I guess? Kofi and Mysterio are still injured. Maybe it'll be a way to bring back Evan Bourne.

Christian, Miz, Gabriel, Santino and Sin Cara spring to mind as viable face contenders, however I do believe the problem with having 2 MITB matches is that you enviably fill them up with filler guys.

Who do reckon will win them? Bryan and Sandow have got to be favourites surely?

Archived