IANS INDY WANK V.3 feat WrestleXpress

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
There was going to be a six man match between the Toryumon boys. Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm were going to wrestle Christian York and Joey Matthews.

IIRC it was going to be a three-way tag match of Toryumon vs Fleisch/Storm vs York/Matthews. Possibly with ladders, though I'm not sure on that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some bit of irony, Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch was voted the best British match of the year. Its possible that the original WrestleXpress wasn't going to have a match on it that good. And the World Wrestling All-stars pretty much fucked Hewson's card for star power WWA did a tour over here featuring Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Road Dogg, Brian Christopher, Konnan, Norman Smiley, Buff Bagwell and a load of others. It was a full on star studded show. It got raves as well.

WWA might be the next one I do. That all went tits up in comedic fashion as they all do.

I'd love to read a WWA one. Their forum was the first one I ever joined and I still have one of their badly misspelt flyers up on my wall. Will always have a soft spot for the WWA despite their inherent naffness.

• Paid Members
There was going to be a six man match between the Toryumon boys. Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm were going to wrestle Christian York and Joey Matthews.

IIRC it was going to be a three-way tag match of Toryumon vs Fleisch/Storm vs York/Matthews. Possibly with ladders, though I'm not sure on that.

It was supposed to be a TLC match. On the rearranged show, Fleisch vs. Storm in the singles match stuck to the same stip.

• Paid Members

great thread, this shit was going down when i was really fanatical about wrestling. It was genuinely exciting during the buildup to this, guess we should have all known better.

Didn't the final card get announced like a day or two before the show? or was the venue swapped last minute?

Still have the tape but no video recorder to play it on. It was a good show and Sandman poured beer in my mouth and all over me. That was such a special moment for that to happen to me up to that time. Well worth the tenner i paid for it and had pictures with Earthquake and Hogan.

• Paid Members

A booker with any creatively would have done an angle based off the Hulk/Earthquake feud in 1990. If Jimmy Hart was still in the country, you could have had him shouting "GIVE HIM A TEN!" as Horace got squashed by the Earthquake splash.

The Wrestling Alliance had an official website ran through Geocities html with gifs of flames and barbed wire jpegs and skeleton heads laughing as you clicked "next page" and I think cannabis leaf wallpaper (unless I'm making that bit up). It was really tacky. Most of the line up was probably over here anyway. Tenta and Horace used to always be over here. During the Attitude era these promoters used to bring in Virgin and Tatanka. When it was the Cena era in the late 2000s they used to bring over Gangrel. I imagine in 2017 we'll have Santino and Boogey Man coming over for a quick payday.

Hopefully anyway.

• Paid Members
Some bit of irony, Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch was voted the best British match of the year. Its possible that the original WrestleXpress wasn't going to have a match on it that good. And the World Wrestling All-stars pretty much fucked Hewson's card for star power WWA did a tour over here featuring Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Road Dogg, Brian Christopher, Konnan, Norman Smiley, Buff Bagwell and a load of others. It was a full on star studded show. It got raves as well.

WWA might be the next one I do. That all went tits up in comedic fashion as they all do.

Loved WWA myself. Saw them in Newcastle in 2002, thoroughly enjoyed the show.

• Paid Members
Still have the tape but no video recorder to play it on. It was a good show and Sandman poured beer in my mouth and all over me.

Did Sandman stink? I always imagined he would. Not of beer either, but poo.

Had I got into "BritWres" six months earlier I probably would have gone to the Dagenham version of WrestleXpress.

People I know who went said it was a tremendous show, if you are able to ignore everything that went on before it.

I imagine in 2017 we'll have Santino and Boogey Man coming over for a quick payday.

I'd love to see the Boogey Man in my local theatre. I'd even listen to the "who let the dogs out" and "fatty bum bum" yells to see him.

The WWA shows made a profit for the most part which is the main thing, things went south towards the end and they were smart enough to pull the plug on a fantastic effort. at the time was a huge talking point amongst forums and was seen as a genuine promotion. They produced some cracking matches, delivered a load of stars and kept genuine wank to a minimal, such as live commentary. I don't think the snide treatment would stick with them - do one on Fitch's promotion up north, something to do with UK Kids meltdowns or take your pick of Alex Shane horror stories / jack of all trades master of none career.

• Paid Members
They produced some cracking matches, delivered a load of stars and kept genuine wank to a minimal, such as live commentary. I don't think the snide treatment would stick with them

They put on some of the worst PPVs in wrestling history, they hired Vince Russo, they gave supporters 5 minute main events featuring Sting and Luger, they announced Nathan Jones as being from whatever town he was wrestling in and then the promoter had a nervous breakdown live on air announcing that Randy Savage had no showed. Then the promoter tried to give Savage a percentage of the company. Save for one tour over here, the WWA was a joke of a company. All sorts fucked up.

Also, I'm not about just ripping to these promotions. They are meant to be a fun tribute to them.

Archived