IANS INDY WANK V.3 feat WrestleXpress

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Fantastic read. I remember getting tickets with Ebb and being super excited that I'd (hopefully) get to see RVD hit his senton into the crowd. I remember being devastated when I found out he wouldn't be there. Forgot all about the replacements and changes to the card that occurred after that too. Horace Hogan :(

Don't think we ever got our money back either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoying these write ups.

Here's the actual WrestleXpress that went down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl...p;v=a6SXPo2Fv3o

TWA WRESTLEXPRESS (DAGENHAM, 12th October 2001)

1. UK Pitbulls, Skull Murphy & Thunder vs. Castano Brothers, Flatliner, Paul Tyrell & Adam Angel

2. Drew McDonald vs. Horace Hogan

3. Doug Williams vs. Kerry Cabrero

4. Mark Sloan, James Tighe & Andy Simmons vs. Paul Travell, Jack Xavier & Raj Ghosh

5. Robbie Brookside vs. Guy Thunder

6. Earthquake & Justin Starr vs. Flash Barker & Klondyke Kate

7. Steve Corino vs. Sandman

8. Skull Murphy vs. Tiger Steele

9. Alex Shane vs. Scott Parker

10. Johnny Storm vs. Jody Fleisch

11. Doug Williams vs. Robbie Brookside

• Paid Members

Another top, top piece, Ian. Is there a sentence more beautiful than "Ever the opportunist, Jonny Storm asked for his 50 quid expenses to go to a show he was booked on, even though he had a travel card with him"?

• Paid Members

1. UK Pitbulls, Skull Murphy & Thunder vs. Castano Brothers, Flatliner, Paul Tyrell & Adam Angel

4. Mark Sloan, James Tighe & Andy Simmons vs. Paul Travell, Jack Xavier & Raj Ghosh

Honestly, that looks like a great card, but I wasn't watching any British wrestling at that stage, lived in Nottingham, and had gotten my Skydome refund by then.

PWBTS

Ah! I remember PWBTS, I used to use it for OVW's TV taping results, but stopped going after their interesting material stopped being posted and about half the links on the homepage were for TwoSheds reviews.

I actually found my articles on their using the archive machine, and had a cringe whilst reading through them. I think my last column was posted in 2000, and PWBTS had started to decline back then. I'm shocked to see it's still going now.

Honestly, that looks like a great card, but I wasn't watching any British wrestling at that stage, lived in Nottingham, and had gotten my Skydome refund by then.

Yeah I was thinking that looks a belting card. Obviously it pales in comparison to the original promised line-up but as a big British show I'd go to that today. It'd be worth the admission alone just to say I'd seen Big Horace wrestle live.

• Paid Members

Some bit of irony, Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch was voted the best British match of the year. Its possible that the original WrestleXpress wasn't going to have a match on it that good. And the World Wrestling All-stars pretty much fucked Hewson's card for star power WWA did a tour over here featuring Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Road Dogg, Brian Christopher, Konnan, Norman Smiley, Buff Bagwell and a load of others. It was a full on star studded show. It got raves as well.

WWA might be the next one I do. That all went tits up in comedic fashion as they all do.

Archived