...It's Arrested Development

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

I can't believe we don't have an official Arrested Development thread. I imagine we did years ago or something.. anyway, I've done a search and I couldn't find one.

And I think it's about time to have one. I can't be the only one re-watching the original 3 series for the millionth time in anticipation of the new series coming in May. One of my favourite TV shows ever, ranked number 3 in the UKFF top sitcoms... blah blah blah.. there's no need to hype it up anymore, everyone knows it's awesome!

So uh. Yeah. Use this thread for quotes and pictures from the old episodes, and links to articles / pictures for the new episodes.

Bare in mind that many people will want to go in not knowing too much about the new episodes so be careful with any rumour/backstage stuff that might be too spoilery. Put it in tags/links.

For now, here are the Netflix promo posters for the new series:

a_250x375.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I watched all of Series 1 yesterday. I can't think of a single "everyday sentence" that makes me chuckle to myself like a moron at the sitcom connection than when anybody says "I've made a huge mistake." And I still think of Loki every time I see that Jepson girl singing "Call Me Maebe."

I won't lie, I still haven't decided whether Gob or Tobias is my favourite character, but am just grateful for the short-loved Gobias Industries. What a wonderful pairing they made.

tumblr_m1xbp30cE11qi2832o1_500.jpg

• Paid Members

I managed to convert my siblings and best friend into AD superfans so we're all really excited.

Its probably been a few years since I watched through the dvds too, so May will have the best homework ever! Revisiting everything. I bet theres still new jokes and references I get that I never caught before.

• Moderators

The talk of favourite characters is just too difficult! They're all so amazing.. But I think Jeffrey Tambor steals every scene he's in, whether as George or Oscar.

oscarbluth.jpg

"Maybe, I'll put it in her brownie"

Do you have those pictures any smaller, Chest? ;)

http://screencrush.com/arrested-developmen...racter-posters/

for those not rocking 800x600 screens any more.

Hey! I prefer smaller pictures, for more subtle resized window work browsing, and also for phone browsing.

Um... is Lindsay even being played by Portia de Rossi? Looks nothing like her on the poster.

I think the new style is a pretty good direction, if they're going with a "growing into her mother" kind of angle with the character as she gets older.

• Awards Moderator

I've been rewatching Arrested Development recently with the g/f - she's never seen it before, whereas I've probably watched the whole thing once a year for several years now. I still find it as funny as the first time I watched it. The episode with Ice and Gene Parmesan is still my favourite, but there's so much to love. Hope the new series lives up to what came before.

• Paid Members

I generally watch the series a few times a year and absolutely love it, i'm struggling with how to mark the upcoming new episodes though, an AD party or something would suffice but there's always that nagging worry they might not live up to the excellence that went before. Iv'e tried turning on absolutely everyone I know to this show and nobody has ever came back and said they didn't' like it, the quality of the episodes is just so high and their's always so much going on. Easily my favourite show ever.

• Paid Members

I hate that they're chucking all the episodes on Netflix at the same time, so we'll be watching them all at different speeds. I'd rather wait a week (or few days) for each new episode. Tease me!

• Paid Members

Martin Short's cameo role as Uncle Jack is possibly the best thing he's done.

tumblr_m9sdpe7DN91r8tgcmo1_500.gif

I have fond memories of spending the wee hours at a mates house and watching the show constantly. A particular favourite is Tobias and his hair plugs, especially when he's told he'll die if he doesn't have them removed, only to ask how his hair looks.

• Paid Members

It took me a long time, but finally started watching it with m'lady this year. Just finished Season 1.

Loved it from start to finish. Gobias industries being a particular highlight, and the blind lawyer storyline was superb. I can't think of a single gag that hasn't made me laugh yet.

Love it, but who coming in this thread won't eh? Counting down the days (and have been the years all this fucking time) for the new episodes.

Seeing as we're sharing, my favourite running gag is a toss up between "Look at us, crying like a couple of girls", or the brilliant ones where a character makes a big announcement with a laugh and suppressed anticipation of everybody going wild. They started as a Tobias thing IIRC, but Gob and Lucille do good ones and Lindsay's is brilliant.

I was just about to list a few more there, but why bother. I fucking love it, it's my favourite comedy and I still truly believe the "best" too. Love it so much that have to admit a sense of nervousness about the new ones, you know? Such a high standard to uphold. Can't wait though.

Archived