Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

The Pryce - Rigg scene was fantastic. So spiky!

Absolutely. Rigg has been one of the best performers since she joined the cast, but Pryce has stolen this season so far. Brilliant scene. I dare say the Cersei scene was even better.

The Sand Snakes/Bronn scene in the cells was also brilliant and I'm really looking forward to where they go with Dany/Tyrion.

• Paid Members

Echoing the love for Pryce, he's been the stand out star of what's been a pretty slow season so far. That end scene with Cersei was incredible, there's definitely a more malevolent side to him than we've seen so far, looking forward to seeing how far he takes it.

I'm praying to the old gods and the new that Samwell fucking Tarly is killed off soon, wasting 10 minutes of screen time on that soft prick and we didn't even get a look at Gillie's tits to make up for it. I couldn't even get behind him when he was being all chivalrous and brave, total ballache of a character.

• Awards Moderator

The Sand Snakes/Bronn scene in the cells was also brilliant

Horny as hell sure, not convinced of brilliant though. "You're poisoned - here's my boobs - no you're not." Wasn't even an episode-long story thread! Baffling scene really.

Baffling scene really.

Really? She raised his blood pressure to speed up the poison. At least that's how I saw it.  They had a little flirt last week ("you're not a bad fighter....for a little girl") and that this week so I'm hoping it's building to something.

Edit: removed the non-relevant chunk of quote

Edited by Ian 86

• Awards Moderator

Baffling scene really.

Really? She raised his blood pressure to speed up the poison. At least that's how I saw it.  They had a little flirt last week ("you're not a bad fighter....for a little girl") and that this week so I'm hoping it's building to something.

Edit: removed the non-relevant chunk of quote

I understand how she raised his blood pressure, don't you worry.

5562a34d1aaec7043ea52155_game-of-thrones

(Would I be right in guessing she's pure Astro Hollywood bait?)

But I meant in the sense of moving a plot thread along. All done and dusted within a scene, a zero-sum vignette. I guess if they are going to marry them off in the future that would be something...

Feels like I'm being pernickety about a teensy-weensy bit of the show. I don't mean to blow it out of proportion, it was a good episode.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
Baffling scene really.

Really? She raised his blood pressure to speed up the poison. At least that's how I saw it.

I didn't even read that much into it. I just thought "Tyene likes to fuck around with men. She's fucking with Bronn." Nothing more than a bit of character development. Likes to play with her food, that one.

(Would I be right in guessing she's pure Astro Hollywood bait?)

What, a lesbian?

The problem with it is that it's really unbalanced.

Some things are moving slowly, whereas others have moved at a chaotic pace.

I imagine it's because they're desperate to get beyond the books and have complete creative control of the last 2 seasons.

I don't buy the criticism that nothing has happened though, as something of note/importance has pretty much happened every week.

I think the acting, the chemistry between the actors, the sets and some of the story arcs are as good as ever. The one thing that has let it down is uneven pacing.

It's not terminal though, and I imagine the next 3 episodes will probably be fucking mental, as is their wont, and people will forget they ever had their reservations.

They need to kill Ramsay off pronto. The fella playing him has done a great job, but the character has peaked now. He's far too much of a cartoon villain. Get him gone.

It's clear that Theon will have his Darth Vader saving Luke moment soon by the way it ended a couple of weeks back. That could be one of the big points for the 9th 'major shit goes down' episode. That coupled with Stannis marching and surely something is to happen in Arya's story before the end of the series

I think Theon is a red herring.

I actually think they've cleverly set up a few characters who could take Ramsays head.

I think Ramsays going to be in full shot probably standing menacingly over Sansa after she tries to kill him with whatever she picked up the other day, a swords going to go through his heart from behind, he'll drop and his killer revealed.

My outside bet is Jon Snow. The Boltons could be in the ascendenacy, beating Stannis down only for Snow and the Wildlings to arrive and turn the tide.

Though, I still think Jon Snow's little shit of a squire is going to kill him (and subsequently he'll be brought back by the red woman) though so I don't know how that ties in.