Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

He was off with the wildlings for the whole of S3, IIRC. But that seems a moot point anyway, as the majority of the Night's Watch storylines that happened in that time took place at Craster's or out beyond the Wall.

• Paid Members

Teedy Kay must've been busy wanking over Steve Bull whilst that was on to not think it was all that, because I thought it was incredible.

Been looking forward to this episode all through the series, and Christ did it deliver. The mammoths and giants, Aliser Thorne being brilliant, Sam finally making me like him, brilliant fight scenes, that massive fucking chain that took out those scaling the wall...I didn't want it to end. Non-stop gripping action. The single birds eye shot where they panned from the Thenns, to the wall and then to the army north of the wall was very impressive.

But...Grenn :(

• Paid Members

As much as I liked this episode, I'm getting sick of waiting a week to see what happens next after a great ending, only for it not to be followed up at all. What will happen to Tyrion! :(

• Paid Members

The Wall has been shit, it's riddled with awfulness, GoTs Samwise Fucking Gamgee taints it, the fact there's been no real character development, other than the odd one or two who deserted for Craster's (mainly Tanner), over bearing fake Naaarthern accents, I just don't buy the occupants of The Wall at all, the fact we were meant to feel so sad for all of Snow's muckers that perished, when all in all I didn't give a shit they died, compared to Oberyn who had been in the show fleetingly, yet his character was built and meant something. Crows can fuck off for all I care.

'Wow look, giants and mammoths and a big swinging Axe'

That's how to sum that episode up, obviously said in an appalling fake Sheffield/Leeds accent.

Of course, my opinion means nowt as I have a football player in my Sig which means I masturbate over them frantically to the point I can't go 50+ mins without throwing one away, shit me I've wanked furiously twice typing this!

And by Jon turning up, I meant from when we were first introduced, the only time The Wall's been interesting was when Tyrion popped in for a laugh.

Why didn't the dickhead take his mutt with him? I mean if we have to put up with Jon going on some solo adventure then I'd like to see the wolf team up with him, helping him rip apart some wildling throats.

Oh, and i hope that little boy dies for killing my GoT crush.

• Paid Members
'Wow look, giants and mammoths and a big swinging Axe'

Exactly! That was some Helms Deep shit right there! Even if you couldn't care for the backdrop to the wall story, didn't you think for a tv show that was some pretty damn good action?

It was decent enough. Bits of it feltlike those god awful Final Destination movies or just like a YouTube compilation of cool death scenes that don't mean anything to you. You admire the production but very little of it means anything to you. It's very Game of Thrones to show a horrific meaningful death one week and then to overdo it a bit the next. But then I guess that was kinda the point anyway.

Edited by Vamp

• Awards Moderator

Well, I thought that was a fucking stupendous episode. I've loved the whole Night's Watch / Wall story from the off, so for it to get a whole episode devoted to it, and a bloody good episode at that, which had me, like PunkStep, gripped from start to finish... I loved it.

• Paid Members
That's how to sum that episode up, obviously said in an appalling fake Sheffield/Leeds accent.

I don't know how you can say it was an appalling accent, being from Sheffield myself, I didn't hear anything I wouldn't hear in town. The accents were pretty good. Many of the other accents in GoT are a little shaky, but I've always thought the northern ones have been decent, apart from maybe Rose Leslie.

• Moderators

That was a pretty great episode... share pitcos's sentiments about last words, though, and also wondered why he didn't take his wolf with him.

Also, I was really worried for Gilly when that dude walked into the pantry she was in and then we didn't see them again until after the battle... this episode was so good it actually made me give a shit about Gilly and Sam!! Never thought that would happen..

I was pretty surprised when that poncey guy from kings Landing wasn't in mid rape when Sam walked in. Not sure if that's a reflection on me or GoT. The only thing that disappointed me was knowing that they can't possibly tie up enough loose ends in the last episode so we're bound to be left on a massive cliff hanger. By my reckoning the nights watch best hope would be for a big fuck off wave of white walkers to wipe out the wildlings but I'm guessing we're not there yet.

• Paid Members

Surely you'd want the series to end on a cliffhanger, wouldn't you? Gives more incentive to watch the next series! Next week is going to be bloody good. This whole series has been brilliant to be honest, and the metacritic ratings and viewing figures have just been growing and growing with each series and pretty much with each episode too. To put things into context- he two least watched episodes were the first two episodes in series 1, whereas the two most watched episodes were the last two episodes in the current series.

• Paid Members

One thing I did enjoy and hope it opens up a new arc, but it seemed so throw away somehow, was the blind Maester revealing he's of Targaryan blood!

Could be interesting indeed!

• Paid Members
One thing I did enjoy and hope it opens up a new arc, but it seemed so throw away somehow, was the blind Maester revealing he's of Targaryan blood!

Have you just started watching from the start then? That was revealed shortly before Ned lost his head.

• Awards Moderator

Did he not mention that to Jon already? I'm sure it was the end of season 1 after Jon heard about Ned being executed.

EDIT: air_raid just got in there first. Good to know I didn't make up that scene!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator