Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Those "It's been a great year" things can piss the fuck off. If I had skillz, I'd put together a slideshow of my X-ray when they found a shadow on my lung, my sicknotes for three months and my gradual weight loss. Yeah, fucking champion year, you cunts, where were you all?

Those "It's been a great year" things can piss the fuck off. If I had skillz, I'd put together a slideshow of my X-ray when they found a shadow on my lung, my sicknotes for three months and my gradual weight loss. Yeah, fucking champion year, you cunts, where were you all?

The best part is where they use a completely inappropriate photo during their slideshow, like a photo you put up to show your mates that some wank has tanned your car window or something.

Have to agree with this, Keith. I've had a great year aside from obvious, but with fall out etc then if I did a video thingy it'd make no sense as everyone is blocked. Who made parts of it great so wouldnt show up.

Great years are defined in pictures they are defined in what is done, overcome and celebrated

I want to see mine just to see what rubbish it comes up with? How do I make FB do it? Or do I have to wait until it decides that my year has been worth compiling?

Click on one of them and it lets you view one for you. Mine had a pic of me doing the thumbs up in a hospital bed in full gown and mask just before surgery.

They're shit aren't they?

The thing which annoys me most at the moment is the Buzzfeed style ads under every post.  Someone posts a video of a cat, and Facebook puts 5 external links to Buzfeed articles about cats underneath.

I don't know when this whole "5 Amazing Things I Found on the Net" phenomena started but it's annoying the crap out of me now.

• Paid Members

I don't know when this whole "5 Amazing Things I Found on the Net" phenomena started but it's annoying the crap out of me now.

Similarly, I decided earlier today that I need to stop watching "top ten" videos on YouTube, as I only watch them to disagree with them.

I watched the "top ten Bruce Lee moments earlier", and didn't include the bit where he kicks the shit out of 3 guys whilst eating a bag of crisps. Idiotic.

They're shit aren't they?

The thing which annoys me most at the moment is the Buzzfeed style ads under every post.  Someone posts a video of a cat, and Facebook puts 5 external links to Buzfeed articles about cats underneath.

Clickbait, it's this generation's pop up ads.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHICH CELEBRITIES USE THIS SLIMMING TECHNIQUE...

TOP 10 GENIUS WAYS TO SAY I HATE YOU... YOU WON'T BELIEVE NUMBER 6!

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Those "It's been a great year" things are pissing me off too. Had my notification that I'd "had a great year" today. How do Facebook know? As a matter of fact, this year ranks as one of the most miserable years of my life.

Gloating parents can piss off as well. Finding it a little worrying that the vast majority of bellends from School are now breeding so I actually fear for the future of the human race.

Noticed that four Facebook friends were tagged as being at the pub tonight for a post work Christmas drinking session. Was extremely tempted to comment with a sarcastic "thanks for inviting me" but resisted temptation. Probably time I had a friends clear out session.....

Edited by LCJ

• 1 month later...