Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
Surely it'd be the fathers who were "applying within."

What?

:laugh:

Fucking stupid image. There's no mention of 'hogging the TV for all eternity as soon as the father gets home from work to take over parenting duties'. And the shit about hitting, kicking and eye-gouging? Maybe I'm lucky and have avoided that with my two children, but do kids usually turn into Ric Flair? I'm sure it happens in some cases, but not with all/most children does it?

Maybe if they didn't spend all day talking about being a Mummy and posting 'eye-opening' self-pity images about being a a Mummy on Facebook all day, and instead spent time with their child, then they might give their child enough attention to stop them from going all GBH on them.

• Paid Members
I can't stand that. I actually know a couple of girls who have their kid's name as their middle name. Pam 'Lilysmummy' Smith and so on. I don't know whether to berate them for doing it in the first place or for missing the apostrophe.

I have several of those Tina "lovemyboys" Smith, Kim "babybump" Smith, and so on. There was one who for months had "mummytobe" as her middle name, and then it suddenly changed to "angelbaby". :( She went a bit odd afterwards, and would regularly post pictures of the baby either in the incubator, or of it on a towel after it had died. Last I heard she was still throwing birthday parties for it, and claiming seeing rainbows or birds in the garden were proof of her being in heaven.

As for working mothers, my ex's mother is still using the "I don't believe a mother should work" excuse. Her youngest is 25, and has his own job and flat.

My daughter used to be fun to play wrestle with, but she's 15 now, so is a bit too self conscious for all that and won't sell. It's more like judo these days.

It is very difficult to tell my kids off with a straight face if they play wrestle. Part of me wants to tell them off, but the other part of me wants them to work on their wind-up before they go for the bionic elbow.

As a parent, you have a responsibility to ensure that your child does not harm themselves, or any other children, by becoming Davey Richards.

Here's a question.

What do you do with the Facebook page of someone who's died?

An acquaintance of mine died earlier this year quite suddenly, not a close friend but someone I worked with for years. His Facebook page is still there, frozen in time on the day before he died. There's no indication that he died, all his pics are still there, he's still "In A Relationship" with his former girlfriend, still "Working for EA". It's really... odd. I guess there's a possibility that nobody else can access it, and therefore it just sits there until, what, Facebook delete it?

I have several of those Tina "lovemyboys" Smith, Kim "babybump" Smith, and so on. There was one who for months had "mummytobe" as her middle name, and then it suddenly changed to "angelbaby". :( She went a bit odd afterwards, and would regularly post pictures of the baby either in the incubator, or of it on a towel after it had died. Last I heard she was still throwing birthday parties for it, and claiming seeing rainbows or birds in the garden were proof of her being in heaven.

A girl I was at school with did this, absolutely mortifying and surely the last thing you'd expect anybody to openly share with old school pals, colleagues and acqaintances.

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Paid Members

That is really weird, but really, you've just gotta let people mourn however they need to. It's freaky and uncomfortable, but y'know, less so than what they're going through. Let them have their disturbing comforts.

That is really weird, but really, you've just gotta let people mourn however they need to. It's freaky and uncomfortable, but y'know, less so than what they're going through. Let them have their disturbing comforts.

Absolutely. The grief they must be going through can un stabilise a person. Having an outlet where they can express that, and having the comfort of friends is vital.

• Paid Members

Miss "Lovesmyboys" is on fine form tonight.

Aww bless that poor lady who killed herself cos she was being forced to move out of her family home of 18 years due to bedroom tax :( The government needs to stop giving foreigners all of the council houses then people wouldn't be driven to do things like this :(

For a woman with a black boyfriend, a half-Pakistani kid from a previous relationship, and a subscriber to the "I'd let Chris Brown beat me 'cos he's dead fit, innit" way of thinking, she does trot out the blind racism rather frequently.

Sooo proud of my bestie driving to Great Yarmouth & back this weekend... She only passed her test 3 months ago & has only been driving around Northants so that's a big achievement! You go girl!