Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

There was a "share this" post doing the rounds yesterday, supposedly from Asda, saying that anyone caught reusing bags from other supermarkets would be told to leave the store.

Cue all the idiots with "I'll never shop at Asda again".

I wonder if I could get one spread around claiming that Morrisons are charging those in the armed forces 10p a bag. A boycott should reduce the queues a bit.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• Paid Members

Well that's obviously bollocks, considering we've been using Tesco bags for life at Asda for years now.

Anyway, for your weekly big shop, using the crappy plastic bags is madness. They hold hardly anything. A handful of sturdy bags for life is the way.

I've become the epitome of Rock N Roll in my parenthood days, as you can tell.

It's more of a principal thing isnt it for some people.

Yeah its only 5pence, but still, regardless of the price why pay to advertise a store? I'd rather struggle myself.

Or you could just bring your own fucking bags with no name on it. Put them in a rucksack for fucks sake.

Or, if you want to be all principled about it, why advertise a store when you can carry it all and advertise the store if you've bought their own brand stuff. Yeah that'll show them, I'm not going to advertise your store, I'm going to advertise the products I've just bought whilst I struggle to carry them like a spastic.

Edited by Keith Houchen

Shittest 'advert' ever. Downbeat looking man carries ASDA bags! You don't wanna miss out, you can look downbeat too!

Or are there people like 'I've never heard of this "ASDA", it sounds intriguing'

Edited by sj5522

It's more of a principal thing isnt it for some people.

Yeah its only 5pence, but still, regardless of the price why pay to advertise a store? I'd rather struggle myself.

Or you could just bring your own fucking bags with no name on it. Put them in a rucksack for fucks sake.

Or, if you want to be all principled about it, why advertise a store when you can carry it all and advertise the store if you've bought their own brand stuff. Yeah that'll show them, I'm not going to advertise your store, I'm going to advertise the products I've just bought whilst I struggle to carry them like a spastic.

They're the same speds who'll pay 50 quid to advertise Adidas or Nike on their sweatshirt.

• Paid Members

I like the bag charge, but you definitely need to sort your shit out and get Contactless payment* in your store. Not having that makes you look proper second rate.

* even though it's a stupid fucking name as your card does actually make contact with the reader. Why not just PINless payment?

Mine doesn't. My card doesn't leave my fucking wallet.

Just wop the wallet on the machine and bingo.

Edited by Tommy!

• Awards Moderator

This one's started going round on my feed. Good intentions, but I'm not sure what 'put this on your status for 1 hour' is meant to achieve? 

October is Cancer month. In memory of every Cancer patient, family member or friend who has lost their battle with Cancer & in honour of all those who continue to fight, PLEASE put this on your status for 1 hour. Many won't copy & paste. I was proud to. Will you???
Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Ah, I've got two contactless cards in my wallet so I can't do that. I could always leave one of them at home but then it feels odd when your wallet isn't at its usual manifest.

Contactless is at its best for the M6 toll. It's great just pulling up to the booth and pressing the card against the reader and getting back up to speed, it's like a formula one pitstop for tragic cases who post on wrestling forums.

• Paid Members

It's a cock ache when your shopping bill is a few pennies over 20 quid and you can't use contactless payment. Or you've used contactless 3 times in a row at different shops and it won't you use it without putting in your PIN.

Wut? Is that within a certain time limit? As I haven’t had to enter my PIN on either of my cards since getting them, and used them in plenty of different places.

It's a cock ache when your shopping bill is a few pennies over 20 quid and you can't use contactless payment. Or you've used contactless 3 times in a row at different shops and it won't you use it without putting in your PIN.

Wut? Is that within a certain time limit? As I haven’t had to enter my PIN on either of my cards since getting them, and used them in plenty of different places.

If you've been to a cash point in-between then you don't need to, but if you've been to a few shops in a row doing a big shop then it asks you insert your card and enter your PIN. I found this out last Christmas when I was doing shopping for stocking filler stuff.