DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

They should have had Cumberbatch play Voldemort, nae need for CGI there, the weird snake looking fuck.

Redmayne I can sort of get, he has that quirky, awkward charm that a lot of lasses seem to like. Matt Smith on ther other hand has a face like a bike seat, I think I'd rather wake up next to Peter Capaldi in the morning.

Watched Straight Outta Compton earlier, really enjoyed it for the most  part but the ending really had me choked up covering Eazy E's death (I know the actual last scene is Dre pulling out of Death Row to start Aftermath which didn't go down well with Suge Knight but the movie could and should have ended with this). The montage of career highlights of the group over the credits was well put together too

I'm loving the special edition of Alien 3. Anyone know why they didn't go ahead with this version instead of what was released?

Its interesting that the alien grew inside of the cow and not the dog but it means the storyline changes slightly.

I'm loving the special edition of Alien 3. Anyone know why they didn't go ahead with this version instead of what was released?

Its interesting that the alien grew inside of the cow and not the dog but it means the storyline changes slightly.

Fox's creative control. Fincher walked out before final editing citing constant interference. He even refused to have anything to with the director's cut.

The original cut is a mess with the assembly cut it actually comes off ok. You find out more of what happened to the convicts instead of them just vanishing from the original cut.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

I've gone off David Fincher, to be honest. I watched Fight Club for the first time recently and thought it was nothing more than alright while Gone Girl was completely terrible. I suspect he's a mard bastard who sees his arse whenever he doesn't get to release 'his vision' but he strikes me as a director who actually needs to be reigned in sometimes.

I actually really like the original Alien3 cut and I've never really understood the dislike of it. I haven't seen the assembly version though.

• Paid Members

Fox's creative control. Fincher walked out before final editing citing constant interference. He even refused to have anything to with the director's cut.

The original cut is a mess with the assembly cut it actually comes off ok.

So there's three versions of Alien3 now?

I gave 47 Ronin a watch tonight so I can clear out some of the Sky box. Wasn't too sure about it at first, and when one of George Lucas's CGI cast-offs turned up I contemplated turning it off as I felt I wasn't going to enjoy it. Within about 10 minutes though it had won me over. It's a great bank holiday/school inset day boys type film. It's like a modern, Japanese version of a Harryhausen film, with swashbuckling and monsters and is just an enjoyable bit of fluff.

Me and the Mrs took her 16 year old sister to see Edge of Seventeen to cheer her up coz of 16 year old problems. It's great, like really really great. It's not groundbreaking or anything just a simple film acted brilliantly. Hailee Stanfields teary bit at the end almost had me choking up and I'm a robot who doesn't even like teenagers.

I really liked Gone Girl. Thought it was dark and disturbing, love me some Affleck too. Pike is always excellent, that character would be great in bed...that's literally all I could think of watching her in that.

Found out recently that David Fincher was one of the Assistant Cameramen on Return of The Jedi.

• Paid Members

Me and the Mrs took her 16 year old sister to see Edge of Seventeen to cheer her up coz of 16 year old problems. It's great, like really really great. It's not groundbreaking or anything just a simple film acted brilliantly. Hailee Stanfields teary bit at the end almost had me choking up and I'm a robot who doesn't even like teenagers.

It's great. Even more impressive considering it was the director's debut, one of the great directorial firsts, for me.

• Paid Members

I've gone off David Fincher, to be honest. I watched Fight Club for the first time recently and thought it was nothing more than alright while Gone Girl was completely terrible. I suspect he's a mard bastard who sees his arse whenever he doesn't get to release 'his vision' but he strikes me as a director who actually needs to be reigned in sometimes.

I actually really like the original Alien3 cut and I've never really understood the dislike of it. I haven't seen the assembly version though.

Gone Girl is fabulous you weirdo