This belt sums up TNA; a clusterfuck. The X-Division has been dead in the water for years on end anyway, so a shit belt doesn't really make a difference.

Notice on the mainplate how the TNA Wrestling logo is tiny? Now look at most of WWE's belts, their logo's feature prominently on most of the belts, the main title is a giant advertisement for them and a massive massive MASSIVE revenue stream. Also within this, WWE spent time, money and effort into getting the WWE title made, from the looks of this, TNA isn't interested. TNA had the chance to make serious money from their belts but have never got anywhere with it because they have not got a clue. Even when they have managed to put out a replica, there has been so many issues with the quality and quantity of them.

The belt itself is an afterthought of a shit idea. The main-plate is the outline of the oval WWE Intercontinental title (1998-2011) and the NXT title. Four X's don't make any sense unless they're after the faux Australian market and a lawsuit off Castlemaine. Within that you have a smaller globe place atop a bigger globe which further clutters the awful design of the belt and in a way makes no sense. The banners are too small and are just tacked on, the less said about the tramp stamp wings, the better.

In another way though, this belt is a perfect fit for TNA.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members
Is going back to the Impact Zone even a possibility for TNA? It's been totally renovated and i'm sure Universal Studios will want to use it for something else eventually if their not already doing so.

Apparently they have another tenant there now. How about Court Bauers idea of TNA popping up shop in a different venue every 6 months? I.e. Impact Live from Vegas for 6 months, then Impact live from New York for 6 months and keeping things fresh-ish like that?

I'll admit to being a longtime advocate of getting out of the Impact Zone, but fuck it. If touring is putting the company's long term future on the line then it's not worth it.

Yeah, me too. It's had a positive impact on the quality of the product IMO, with the bigger more interested crowds making the show feel more exciting, but if it's killing them financially then they'll have to abandon it.

I find this attitude to be absolutely mental. If you're determined that you're only going to watch two hours of wrestling every week, watch two hours of Raw.

TNA is on Freeview every week. For those of us without Sky subs, it's the most easily accessible product. I don't have the time to fuck about with torrents any more, so I just set Impact to record and dip in and out. Not mental at all really, is it?

And, leaving aside all the backstage stuff, Impact's been pretty watchable this year. Lots of decent matches. By the sounds of it Raw's got a lot better in recent months, but Impact's been better than WWE output a lot until recently, so old habits die hard.

• Paid Members
TNA is on Freeview every week. For those of us without Sky subs, it's the most easily accessible product. I don't have the time to fuck about with torrents any more, so I just set Impact to record and dip in and out. Not mental at all really, is it?

That's totally understandable, but garynysmon's post sounded more like he was making a choice to watch Impact over Raw, he didn't mention accessibility.

And, leaving aside all the backstage stuff, Impact's been pretty watchable this year. Lots of decent matches. By the sounds of it Raw's got a lot better in recent months, but Impact's been better than WWE output a lot until recently, so old habits die hard.

Impact hasn't been better than Raw for a long time. There's still good stuff on the show, but it's not a very satisfying experience on the whole. Not sure how you can say that it has been better than WWE output when you confess to hardly ever watching Raw.

• Paid Members

That's totally understandable, but garynysmon's post sounded more like he was making a choice to watch Impact over Raw, he didn't mention accessibility.

Accessibility is one facet to it but as an infrequent viewer, I just can't get into the WWE and haven't done so since around HBK's retirement. As mentioned earlier, TNA is something I can spend 90 mins a week watching without having to miss anything that's going on in the promotion.

I can't comment on how good Raw or Smackdown are or not, but from what I can gather it is a solid show these days.

But I enjoy Impact for what it is, and have one for 2 years or so. The majority of this forum only watch WWE, so is it so mental that 2-3 members only watch TNA?

I've reached the stage now where I flick on Raw for 10 minutes and end up muttering 'this isn't a patch on the good old days'. Probably due to it being a (much) newer company, I don't feel like that watching TNA.

• Paid Members
I've reached the stage now where I flick on Raw for 10 minutes and end up muttering 'this isn't a patch on the good old days'. Probably due to it being a (much) newer company, I don't feel like that watching TNA.

I think you'd like NXT. I really do. Its only on for 45 minutes and its got Dusty Rhodes as GM, Ric Flair occassionally, Nash has been known to pop up. Its mostly new wrestlers with a veteran turning up every now and again. Its ran by a separate crew than Raw and Smackdown and Vince never himself never checks it out. So its not even like a WWE show. Its class.

Gone are the days of me, you and Butch being the only ones in chat watching the better version of the Monday Night Wars.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Is going back to the Impact Zone even a possibility for TNA? It's been totally renovated and i'm sure Universal Studios will want to use it for something else eventually if their not already doing so.

Apparently they have another tenant there now. How about Court Bauers idea of TNA popping up shop in a different venue every 6 months? I.e. Impact Live from Vegas for 6 months, then Impact live from New York for 6 months and keeping things fresh-ish like that?

I think they have to do something without it looking like too much of a backward step. Like Ian (I think) has suggested many times, the Manhattan Centre/Hammerstein Ballroom is worth a look. The early Raws there were raucous!

I think you'd like NXT. I really do. Its only on for 45 minutes and its got Dusty Rhodes as GM, Ric Flair occassionally, Nash has been known to pop up. Its mostly new wrestlers with a veteran turning up every now and again. Its ran by a separate crew than Raw and Smackdown and Vince never himself never checks it out. So its not even like a WWE show. Its class.

Gone are the days of me, you and Butch being the only ones in chat watching the better version of the Monday Night Wars.

That honestly sounds pretty good! I'll give it a go. The Wolfpac reunion stands out as a favoured memory from the chat days!

Who torrents Raw?! There are streams of it everywhere. Just go to DailyMotion or watchwrestling.net, Loki, you nutter.

I think that's probably just a generalisation. He might just be like me and likes watching wrestling on an actual telly as opposed to a laptop screen. Raw's enough of a chore as it is, without watching it on this bastarding thing.

• Paid Members

From reading the above they just put the world title on Sabin.

So i guess the whole MEM was a waste of time they just needed a broken down not even a bit over x divison chump to stop them?

With any luck Kayfabe coms will do TNA time line one day coz 2013 would be epic.............