• Paid Members

With most other programming on Spike UK, the original 'live' airing obviously isn't in HD (since they don't have a HD channel), but then when it goes up on demand in the Spike TV catch-up section (on Sky, at least) there is usually a HD version. It's weird - you're better off downloading it on demand than watching/recording the actual channel. 

Wanting to watch half naked men in HD needs to be Russos next subject of his gay fan theory.

I'm a sad nerd that sits hunched and to close too the monitor when I watch wrestling so I can usually tell resolution differences, HD makes things look much better.

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I hope he's still around when WWE latch on to this 4K malarky.

They've already started it. 

Going back to iMPACT, the next set of tapings are next week (they really need to push to reduce the gap between them) so be interesting to hear of any new arrivals/departures/returns in the coming week or two. 

It's a big set of tapings for the company (now Anthem know what it's all about), they need to raise the quality in the ring. 

• Paid Members

I watched the latest episode of Impact and its not the worst show ever week to week. Its very watchable. Things definitely need improving and an upgrade in the type of wrestler they bring in would be grand, but the pacing of the show is much better than its been in a long while. And at least Bruce Prichard and Dutch Mantel are a million times better in the roles of authority figures than Dixie and Billy Corgan.

One thing, though, it seems you could burn a cat in the Impact Zone and the fans would just go "oh, but harsh that." I imagine in any other venue in the world, that double stomp on a chair (although stupid) would deliver a massive reaction. But not in the Impact Zone. The Pope and Josh seemed to care less than the fans did. The Impact Zone has to be the only place where Matt Morgan gets a Road Warrior pop and people getting their heads crushed by chairs doesnt get any reaction at all.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Ian, humour me please. 

I don't watch Impact nowadays, I haven't for a few years, I don't have a connection to any characters and I watch so much WWE and UK wrestling I don't have time for it anyway.

I do occasionally go through bursts of watching ROH TV on their website and in general "its not the worst show ever week to week" describes it perfectly. 

I don't suppose you (or anyone else for that matter) watch both nowadays and could give an honest comparison of the two by 2017 standards?

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, gadge said:

Ian, humour me please. 

I don't watch Impact nowadays, I haven't for a few years, I don't have a connection to any characters and I watch so much WWE and UK wrestling I don't have time for it anyway.

I do occasionally go through bursts of watching ROH TV on their website and in general "its not the worst show ever week to week" describes it perfectly. 

I don't suppose you (or anyone else for that matter) watch both nowadays and could give an honest comparison of the two by 2017 standards?

Difference is, Impact is built 100% around the TV shows. Where as I find I can miss every ROH TV, but the iPPV/supershows are usually great. For me Impact seems more watchable as a weekly thing, but if you're going to watch anything from either company its generally ROH's iPPVs. ROH has a much better roster as well.