Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

That is actually a really big bump. The test now is if they will retain that audience into next week (they won't.)

  • Moderators
Posted

Well love it or hate it it seems #thefinaldeletion was a success with regards to viewership http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/726185-this-weeks-tna-impact-wrestling-featuring-the-final-deletion-sets-new-viewership-record-on-pop-tv

 

It was always going to be one with the hype. The rating that really matters is next weeks. How many viewers are retained.

Posted

Pretty much exactly the number I thought it would be.

 

Yeah the only chance of doing the 2nd highest rating next week will be if they've got some Hardy related vignette pre-taped because it's 'live' on Tuesday. They did do a good job of setting up matches in advance for Destination X though.

 

It does seem like Impact suffers from being one of the easiest shows to watch online and many people are quite happy to do that rather than seek out Pop or simply don't have the access. I'm almost certain close to 1 million Americans would have seen the show via all the available methods.

 

Whether you can get any of them to spend some money on the product is another thing altogether. They HAVE to start doing at least bi-monthly PPV's now.

Posted

Seems Lucha Underground weren't thrilled by the final deletion.

 

Van Wagenen tweeted, “Execution is everything… sorry guys, nice try. This is @IMPACTWRESTLING creative right about now…” and included a Boogie Nights GIF showing Philip Seymour Hoffman’s character saying, “I’m a f**king idiot.”

 

TNA employee Jeremy Borash beautifully hit back with a tongue in cheek reply though … saying, “Best of luck to you and everyone at LU! I hope to check it out when my cable system gets @Elreynetwork. Hear it’s great!”

I keep this a bit quiet cos I'm in the minority with wrestling fans as to how much I enjoy LU (matches, arena & talent = generally great / distracting shiny MOOVIE style vignettes = generally annoying, difficult to follow and overblown as piss) but they really seem right up their own arse at times.

Borash did good.

 

Rather watch that wild Hardyz nonsense than "this is an engaging television series like them drama's what are well popular these days, to be taken seriously even though it's completely fucking ludicrous" style of LU any day. Promise i'm not just trying to be a ClintonMorrison contrarian

Posted

Well I guess it was inevitable. Ugh. That's another 6 months to get back the 200,000 people not intelligent enough to follow what day it moves to. American wrestling fans are very unintelligent. Facebook has taught me this. Will the hour earlier help at all?

 

I really hate WWE sometimes.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Personally I'm enjoying their childish and methodical slow destruction of TNA. Chase them about timeslots until they have no idea where to be, poach all the worthwhile talent, and openly acknowledge them so nobody sees them as competition anymore because WWE only mention things that mean nothing to them.
 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

American wrestling fans are very unintelligent.

Especially the ones who watch TNA every week.

 

The NFL will murder TNA on Thursday like they used to I imagine. Moving timeslots and networks every 5 minutes is never good. People have their viewing habits. If Goodnight Sweetheart is moved to Friday nights when it gets rebooted, I'm not going to watch it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

A couple of people at work were talking about it. The first time I've heard anyone in real life mention TNA in about 10 years. DonWestTenayHighFive.Gif

 

If TNA keep this up and let Matt and Jeff book the entire show then I'm all for it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Personally, I thought Meltzer was onto something when he said Impact should have stayed where it was and seen if it could have picked up some Smackdown viewers for its second hour. Was worth a shot, anyway.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...