- TNA has just confirmed that they will return to Universal Studios in Orlando for more Impact Wrestling tapings on Friday, May 8th through Monday, May 11th.

The Friday, May 8th show will be a live Impact Wrestling episode on Destination America, actually airing on tape delay.

So that's alive show that isn't live similar to the Glasgow show last year.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

PWInsider:

A number of readers who also listen to the Howard Stern Show wrote in today to say that could have sworn they heard Jeremy Borash doing voiceovers for the Stern show today, doing introductions and such. I am told it is indeed Borash and he started on the gig today. That's a pretty cool feather in his cap.

Well done Borash. That's a great gig for him.

• Paid Members

PWInsider:

A number of readers who also listen to the Howard Stern Show wrote in today to say that could have sworn they heard Jeremy Borash doing voiceovers for the Stern show today, doing introductions and such. I am told it is indeed Borash and he started on the gig today. That's a pretty cool feather in his cap.

Well done Borash. That's a great gig for him.

Borash is a huge Stern fan as well. He was forever trying to get mentions via Eric The Midget.

So TNA held a TV taping on the same night their TV show airs? TNA'd it.

That's a pretty pointless crticism.

Only because no-one watches it anyway. RIMSHOT!

Didn't the WWE do Smackdown house shows on the same night Raw was on live?

• Paid Members

So TNA held a TV taping on the same night their TV show airs? TNA'd it.

That's a pretty pointless crticism.

Only because no-one watches it anyway. RIMSHOT!

Didn't the WWE do Smackdown house shows on the same night Raw was on live?

Yeah, they're idiots, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Check out that Eli Drake guy who just debuted with Drew McIntyre. He's excellent on the mic. TNA's got a pretty great roster at the minute. Ever since they dropped the exclusive deals, and allow their wrestlers on DVDs and iPPVs they've opened the door to loads of wrestlers. Its great to see. They should have done this ages ago. Probably would have still had Alex Shelley, AJ Styles, Kaz and Daniels if they did.

Agree about both ECIII and the new Eli guy. Impact has been much better recently, actually. The 'new' Impact Zone looks even more small time then the old Impact Zone, but the show quality has been decent, with some nice matches (Angle v Lashley in particular).

• Paid Members

It's weird, EC3 is a fine man and I was a huge fan of everything with Spud, but it's still hard to shake the feeling Impact doesn't really matter. I wish they'd gone with a full rebranding for Destination America to freshen the presentation up, because 2 month old tapings in a darker, shitter Impact Zone don't really do it for me.

It's at the back of the queue each weekend for me behind NXT, Lucha Underground, ROH and New Japan on AXS. I don't get round to it most weeks.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Well TNA doesn't matter sadly. Nothing really goes anywhere. Impact is basically a show for fans like us who know enough to dip in and out when you hear something is decent on it. There's simply no reason to watch is episodically. The things good about TNA is all self contained into their own episodes. Like watching VHS tapes of 3PW with Sabu and Sean Waltman wrestling and then not watching the rest of the video. Its like "that match was class" or "he looks decent." I for one simply cant watch it hoping its going to lead to something, because it never does in TNA. Especially now its pretty much Evolve or House of Hardcore on telly. They dont even do PPVs anymore.

Thing with TNA is, since they lost Spike they lost their blanket. The promotion is still on its arse and is now controlled in part by a small shithole channel that nobody watches. They're already fiddling about with their recap shows schedule. They are by all accounts pissed off they are doing tapings outside the States (because its Destination AMERICA like that fucking matters) and the old stories that the talent arent getting paid has cropped up again. TNA were always going to stay in business on Spike. They were getting paid a great amount to be on there which kept them in business. Now though? How long can you realistically stay in business if you are having money problems on a channel this small? Does anyone hear anything about TNA anymore? Its a shame really. The Observer rarely reports on it unless its bad news (because thats generally the only news). Nobody really buzzes about it anymore. I dont think many people watch it anymore.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay