• Paid Members

I like that poster. Well, the top three-quarters of it. Are Impact Wrestling going for an MMA look now, with the whole Roode-Lashley III thing? Or was this a bout on the cards before their Spike TV deal came to an end and everything was then up in the air?

With just over 3 weeks to go and I still can't bring myself to be excited about this re-launch of Impact.

Maybe it's the old 'being burned' too many times by TNA in the past.

Apart from cosmetic changes to the show, I don't expect much to change, especially with what could be the same creative set-up, as said a page or so back. I'm expecting the stories/feuds to merely continue from where they left off on Spike TV (EC3/Spud, Wolves/Revolution, as hinted by the former, etc).

A chance taken to evaluate and refocus would be great going forward but I think things won't change at all. Pity.

• Paid Members

With just over 3 weeks to go and I still can't bring myself to be excited about this re-launch of Impact.

Maybe it's the old 'being burned' too many times by TNA in the past.

Apart from cosmetic changes to the show, I don't expect much to change, especially with what could be the same creative set-up, as said a page or so back. I'm expecting the stories/feuds to merely continue from where they left off on Spike TV (EC3/Spud, Wolves/Revolution, as hinted by the former, etc).

A chance taken to evaluate and refocus would be great going forward but I think things won't change at all. Pity.

From what I'm told EC3 is out for a fair while injured which is a shame.

Maybe, but at times TNA has been capable of putting on excellent tv. Generally when a tv channel is willing to put some money in. So I'm hoping that we'll get at least 6 months of uplift before the inevitable financial reality kicks in.

I'm going to start an actual Impact thread closer to the time, so we can give it a fair shake. Perhaps Linus2000 might be persuaded to give it the once-over?

• Paid Members

The shows have been good though for a couple of months while they've been spending no money.

The main problem has been the sense of iminent death. With that gone, we may well get a good 6 months. With the upcoming UK tour they'll even be doing shows from more than the one building with a potentially enthusiastic crowd.

(Yes I know, they'll ruin it soon enough, because TNA.)

Edited by Benno

And Tenay's new role is:

IMPACT WRESTLING BECOMES “UNLOCKED” WITH BRAND NEW TELEVISION SERIES

TNA Entertainment will deliver a new concept in professional wrestling with the premiere of IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED, Saturday, January 17 at 10/9c on Destination America. This new weekly series hosted by “The Professor” Mike Tenay will dive deeper into the most recent episode of IMPACT WRESTLING with exclusive content and never-before-seen footage.

During IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED viewers will get an enhanced experience as the screen comes alive with match facts and stats, as well as bonus commentary and exclusive footage taking fans deeper into the intriguing characters, captivating stories and fascinating personal lives of the TNA Superstars.

“Fans are constantly asking me what goes on behind the scenes,” said Tenay. “The appetite is strong for interesting factoids and an insider’s perspective. We will explore everything from why World Champion Bobby Roode uses his Roode Bomb finisher to how Taryn Terrell uses her stuntwoman background when defending her Knockouts title. IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED will offer a distinctive and stimulating viewing experience unmatched in professional sports.”

In addition, each week during IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED, Tenay will reveal the IMPACT WRESTLING Top 5, a power ranking of the top five heavyweights in TNA. This new ranking system is sure to spark controversy, debate, and most importantly, competition.

That poster looks shit hot! I can't even remember if i liked the first 2 matches (i'm not even 100% sure if i saw the second match in full?) but that poster makes me excited.

I'm going to give TNA a chance in the new year but i am scared it will just end up the same old shit