I noticed that Noam Dar's name had been removed from the most up to date list on Facebook for the show they are doing.

The first set of auditions were yesterday in Glasgow. Dar took part in those so the list you're referring to is wrong.

Also, as a sidenote, the household name that is Grado was supposed to wrestle for AIW in the States in early September but AIW are now claiming TNA pulled him off the shows due to Boot Camp.

Edited by pgi86

I remember Triple H once saying that somebody he was facing was like a turd that never went away, no matter how many times he flushed the toilet. That's TNA. We've been saying they'll be out of business within six months since day one. They'll be going for the GMTV slot next year.

In case you were interested the wrestler in question was Owen "the nugget" Hart. 

On a side note, comparing TNA Wrestling to Owen Hart is blasphemy! Poor Owen. :(

I remember Triple H once saying that somebody he was facing was like a turd that never went away, no matter how many times he flushed the toilet. That's TNA. We've been saying they'll be out of business within six months since day one. They'll be going for the GMTV slot next year.

In case you were interested the wrestler in question was Owen "the nugget" Hart. 

On a side note, comparing TNA Wrestling to Owen Hart is blasphemy! Poor Owen. :(

He also said it about Mick Foley too, who I'm pretty certain took the huff about it.

If WWE added a show to a Wednesday night TV slot (NXT, Superstars, anything really) I wonder if TNA would shit themselves again, and try to get another slot.

Edited by Ant

Spike currently have a marathon of Cops on Wednesday night and it's a show that they can pretty much move around to other nights if need be. With Thursday Night Football beginning on CBS in September and Fox and NBC are having new shows premiering on Thursday nights too (which are targeted at the same demographic TNA go for) then it makes a lot of sense. I don't think WWE moving Smackdown back to Thursdays is really the overall worry for them, obviously it would still add up as a big reason but I think it is a result of all of these things together, not just Smackdown.

Obviously with Spike moving TNA Impact to Wednesdays due to these reasons it is a good sign that they are genuinely showing interest in how the show is doing and puts out good feelings that the whole contract negotiations are on going and there may still be a good outcome for TNA. 

Edited by The Invisible Boy

If WWE added a show to a Wednesday night TV slot (NXT, Superstars, anything really) I wonder if TNA would shit themselves again, and try to get another slot.

WWE can't get a TV Network to screen those shows.  The tried after they were cancelled.  Therefore, the chance of that happening is extremelly slim. 

TNA has put out the following: 

TNA issued the following, confirming our report of the timeslot move for Impact Wrestling:
IMPACT WRESTLING MOVING TO WEDNESDAY NIGHTS AT 9/8C ON SPIKE TV BEGINNING NEXT WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 14, 2014) – TNA today announced its flagship program, IMPACT WRESTLING, will make a permanent move to Wednesday nights at 9/8c on SPIKE TV beginning next Wednesday, Aug. 20.

"Moving IMPACT WRESTLING to Wednesday nights gives existing fans and new viewers an opportunity to enjoy both wrestling and live sports even more throughout the week," said TNA President Dixie Carter.

IMPACT WRESTLING has enjoyed sustained ratings growth this summer, drawing over 1.5 million viewers each week this quarter, and is among the most watched cable series in key male demos in its timeslot.

Parts of that are obviously quite funny. 

Most of the sensible stuff I've read indicates this is was a reaction to the NFL. I actually think the move is good news for the TNA / Spike situation considering how little time there is left on the existing contract. It makes you wonder if they'd bother moving days if they weren't going to be sticking around... 

• Paid Members

Anyone been watching the shows? I finally caught up to the point where Dixie got what was coming to her. This angle was a bit of a pity really. TNA have paced it well. It's had ups and downs, the ending has been inevitable but they've successfully cast doubt on it too. They delivered the pay-off effectively too.

The pity is that such a well booked angle was pretty tasteless. The threat of physical violence against a woman doesn't do a lot for me so I found the excitement in the crowd, the roster and the commentators a bit sick really.

The rest of the NY shows have been back to basics stuff and I think it's worked well. Once *New York, baby* you *New York, baby* got *New York, baby* past *New York, baby* that *New York, baby* first *New York, baby* show *New York, baby* they *New York, baby* just *New York, baby* focused *New York, baby* on *New York, baby* the *New York, baby* talent.

They've put focus on the X title which always goes down well and it should give Joe something to do. Mind you, he didn't look that excited about winning it and Tenay under-sold it. odd from a guy who normally hyper-ventilates if a wrestler breathes or blinks.

The Sanada turn was surprising. I've no idea if it will work out for him or Storm but I didn't see it coming and it was well done.

I've enjoyed seeing some guys we don't normally see. Snitsky and Zeke added interest for a couple of shows. Brian Cage looks great. Muta looked ancient but still pretty cool. The mystery guy being Al Snow was a joke though. Still, the crowd must have been surprised. Those polystyrene heads will have confused everyone, right?

Dunno who's fault this is but the crowd sounded absolutely shit. Taz and Tenay were far louder than them. Only when they chanted TNA did it really come through.

I'm not loving Lashley as champion much. His work is good. I think it's MVP. He's just not great. I've always thought WWE should have done more with him but now I'm thinking it's rose-tinted specs. his delivery just bores the shit out of me. No wonder he didn't connect with the crowd as a real top player. Kenny King does fuck all either. I'd sack them off and put Spud with Lashley.

Lots of stuff on TNA...

I agree with pretty much all of that.  It felt weird people being so enthusiastic about a violent act on a woman, bit uncomfortable.  But otherwise a great angle.

And i have to say i love Lashley as champion, he's been great.  I enjoy MVP and Kenny King to though.