TNA have announced the following for the NYC tapings:

"On Thursday, January 8 at the Manhattan Center, the Wolves will face The Hardys.  During the summer and fall of 2014, tag team wrestling came alive but it first started in NYC when these same two teams first clashed at Destination X.  On that night, the Wolves won the first meeting and this match on January 8 is the Hardy’s chance to even the score.

On Friday, January 9th, TNA is bringing the six-sides of steel for an episode of Impact.  For the first time ever, LOCKDOWN will be on broadcast TV with every match contested inside the steel cage during this very special episode on Destination America.   The first place you can see this great night of action is LIVE in NYC."

With Lockdown being on free TV, I wonder if that means TNA are scrapping PPVs? Or maybe just having Slammiversary and BFG as PPVs?

I had heard that Angle was clean for the last year, but of course we've heard all that before.

I definitely think he'd benefit from 12 months off.  He's a physical phenomenon, and is someone I could imagine healing up and being able to work a lighter schedule for years, in the right environment (i.e WWE).

Bit narked he annoyed HHH to be honest, though no bridge is unfixable.  Perhaps calling HHH and asking for rehab would be a start.

• Paid Members

WWE had him in rehab in 2013.

What I find sad is that Kurt Angle hasn't wrestled in a year, and nobody seems to give a toss. He hasn't had a match since last January or something and nobody really noticed. He's a legit legend, and his stock is so low nobody seems bothered if he stays in TNA or just goes away forever. That's the biggest shame.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I think it's more that TNA's stock has fallen so low that nobody would give a toss any more even if they signed Goldberg or ran a show on the moon, let alone if they kept hold of Kurt Angle. For the past year, the only interest in Angle has been in what he would do after his contract ran out. Most fans were obviously hoping for the WWE nostalgia run, but once it was clear that wasn't happening, all interest died completely.

So January 7th is "live" (2 hours later on a tape-delay), January 8th will be taped for January 16th, and January 9th will be live? Wow.

No, I think 7th is live, then 2 tapings on 8th and maybe 9th? Impact's first show on Destination America is Weds 7th, and then it moves to its new Friday slot on 16th.

does anyone realistically think that the products can move forward in any positive way with the current management in place. The only way the company can ever move forward is if Dixie Carter has over the reigns to someonewith a more clearer idea on how to make the product different.this is a really good chance for them to make a fresh start and turn themselves into more of a viable alternative. Bringing bringing in some more wrestling-based talent like Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby fish couldhelp them Alberto del Rio would also be a promising signing.is inserting him into a feud in the heavyweight division would would spice things up but as TNA want this talent under exclusive contracts I don't see them attracting any big free agent. And this is a problem they are going to face on a regular basis as ring of honour Any other independent promotion will offer them more dates for more money. This is something TNA really need to address as it setting them back in the pursuit of talent