Jump to content

  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Now the awards start proper. Crown your king.

 

If you can provide some links to your favourite's best work, by all means do so.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Three top contenders for me here in air_raid, Big Benny and Ian. I will always read an air_raid post and generally agree with whatever he's saying. Any BritWres thread would be death to read without Benny's contributions, his input over the year cannot be understated. But Ian, as well as contributing to most discussions, makes the most entertaining one off posts as well, so he got my vote. Now if he'd only finish that top 50 wrestlers list...

Posted

Ian will walk this, and rightly so, but I'm voting for PITCOS because I think his vision of wrestling most closely matches my own, and he says the things I daren't say most of the time.

 

This board is far and away the best place on the net to talk about wrestling, and that's down to guys like Pity and Ian, all of the nominees in fact. It's nice to come somewhere and find people who like the bits in between the wrestling, or enjoy a Nash cameo, or who can show some love for Sting's main event tights.

 

And generally the board will acknowledge if someone's sorted their shit out even if they've been a perennial shitarse. Daniels is a great example of this - he's been one of the best characters around in the last 12 months, and people have noticed and admitted it. Being able to change your mind is part of being a rounded person, and a rounded board.

 

So - well done everyone!

  • Paid Members
Posted
Yeah, Ian again, but I tell you what- air_raid has given him a run for his money this year in my opinion.

Yep, and on that basis and that air_raid makes his contributions in far fewer posts so there's less chaff to sort through, he gets the nod from me.

 

I'm in full agreement with Loki's post, too. Well played, that man. I find the supposedly dying UKFF a far better place to read about wrestling than anywhere else on the net.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was going to go for Ian, but then I remembered Raid's amazing Bret Hart Survivor Series 1990 post and he swung it for me. He's been on form all year.

Posted

Pretty much echoing the sentiment on here. I don't watch wrestling anymore but I enjoy reading people's opinions, and how those people's opinions aren't set in stone, unlike some writers.

 

Barry Horowitz pats on the back all round.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I voted Ian. Like Houchen I haven't watched much wrestling this year but I've kept up with what's gone on through this place mostly. I find Ian's posts to be a good mix of informative and funny.

 

They're all great posters though and any of them would be worthy winners.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
Yeah, Ian again, but I tell you what- air_raid has given him a run for his money this year in my opinion.

Yep, and on that basis and that air_raid makes his contributions in far fewer posts so there's less chaff to sort through, he gets the nod from me.

 

I'm in full agreement with Loki's post, too. Well played, that man. I find the supposedly dying UKFF a far better place to read about wrestling than anywhere else on the net.

 

The UKFF's supposedly dying?

Posted

You normally hear it from people who have been posting on here since the early noughties. Basically, it's the equivalent of giving TNA six months.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't think there's ever been a stronger sense of community, if the good egg nomination thread is anything to go by. It must be rare for most upstart wrestling forums to last so long, surely?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Iun, obviously. Some good talent in there, Big Benny deserves some kudos for the effort he puts into the UKFF 50 and write-ups of Britwres in general. He makes it sound so much better than it probably is.

 

Ian is our Hogan though, as good as any of the others are Ian is in a league all on his own. Has the occasional tendency to fall into that frustrating endless circular argument needing the last say like Supremo used to be so guilty of, but to be fair that's actually pretty rare. And i never minded Supremo anyway, still don't know what happened there. But the good shit Ian brings far outweighs any of that. Knowledgeable, great discussion, great threads, great writing, great humour. Ian all the way.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Great to see Vamp get recognition here - his knowledge of the Mexican scene is admirable and really helpful, too, and his contributions to the Deathmatch thread have been fascinating. In fact, he made a brilliant post early in that thread (don't have time to dig out the link) relating it to sexual fetish that was one of the best posts on this forum that I have ever seen and it should have been in the Post Of The Year category. Somebody dig that shit out, it was great and a superb discussion.

 

Everyone nominated here would be a good winner, I think. You take any of these posters away from the forum and it's a lot poorer without them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...