WWE Raw 07/01/13 Discussion

NEWM

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have found Cesaro pretty fucking boring for the most part.His finisher on Khali looked good though.

Thought Punk's promo was pretty average,good fun having him mention Tyson Kidd to make all the movez fappers happy.

Hopefully Rock will quietly drop the cookie puss type shite in his promos from now on too.At least he didn't start banging on about Twitter trends again at least.

• Paid Members
Hopefully Rock will quietly drop the cookie puss type shite in his promos from now on too.

....yeah. That really did smack a little of a backstage bet where he's told one of his mates he can get them to chant anything he wants. "Popcorn Fart" was worse though. Amazingly, I think Rock is one of the worst interviews at time for watching with your non-fan mates in the room, because of shite like that.

Decent show and all that. Cena/Ziggler was great, they're ending this feud now right? It has no reason to continue, Cena overcome the odds in their first match. Cesaro, Eve, Rhodes Sholars and hell, Maddox all continue to look great. Didn't need to see two 3mb matches though I'm glad they're using them at least. Do more stuff like that interview skit they done, there's potential gold there. I wish WWE would stop being so lazy and hoping that matches alone will get someone over. Can't wait for the much needed return of Dr Shelby.

TLC was fun. I agree that the likes of Orton, Sheamus, Hell No need to sell the threat of the Shield a bit more. They don't have the presence the could have. They gave Sin Cara a 'serious neck injury' and that hasn't even been mentioned fucking once since it happened. Orton/Sheamus/Ryback v Shield feels like the perfect way to go, they're doing fuck all else and it's a way to keep Ryback looking like a player.

Not sure what to think of the closing segment. The 'pipebomb' stuff was great but then Punk settled into the usual whiny shit. I understand this, because after telling legit truths about the wwe machine they still need to remind people that, hey, he may speak some sense but this is a bad guy, he's not the one to get behind. It's a shame it went on for what seemed like two months. I know they want the crowd to be aching to see the Rock, but for the casual fan at home that they're aiming for it would have just given them the itchy finger for the remote if they hadn't already used it during the insufferable Cena promo at the beginning. There was hints of potential greatness in the interaction between the two but it's a shame The Rock can't seem to think beyond the usual "you're a poof! You look like tramp" shit, even when Punk called him out on it he stupidly carried on and hit a rock bottom on him anyway. Is Rock about next week? He needs to be left laid out at least once before there RR match.

• Paid Members

I have no idea what people are up to if they say they didn't enjoy that last segment. Punk's opening part was a cracking heel promo, I really worried that when he promised a "PIPE BAMB" he'd do all the insider stuff Cena tried against The Rock ("You should be wrestling, instead of making millions doing films" etc), but he instead cut a monster of a promo calling all the fans mongs and brilliantly tried to say he was an honest man, unlike everybody ever.

The Rock's promo was perfectly paced, just enough of the catchphrases to have the fans cheering along, and a beast of a closing exchange to make it seem like the match mattered.

The part where Punk clearly went up a gear was as good an exchange as you'll probably see on a wrestling program. Made me want to tune in to Raw and watch the PPV; job done.

What's with the second camera during backstage segments with Heyman?

I noticed them last week for the first time and again this week during the Heyman/Maddox segment, the camera that they use for the show seems to move in and out through out and shows the second camera several times through out it. It might do it with other backstage segments but I've only noticed it when Heyman is there.

I presumed it's there intentionally as it's not just once it comes into shot.

Whats cookie puss ?

Apparently it was a reference to a character for an American ice cream company in the 70's, who was an alien or some daft shit like that. Also according to news sites, the reason for the TLC match being positioned on the show where it was was so it could attract viewers from the College Football game during its half time period, also the promo by Punk before Rock come out was a last minute write in to kill time cos they had cut bits of the show including making the Big Show/Kofi match a very quick squash

I noticed them last week for the first time and again this week during the Heyman/Maddox segment, the camera that they use for the show seems to move in and out through out and shows the second camera several times through out it. It might do it with other backstage segments but I've only noticed it when Heyman is there.

It's Brad Maddox's own personal cameraman.

It's Brad Maddox's own personal cameraman.

Ah right, guessing it's part of his gimmick then? I tend to skip a lot through Raw.

Pretty good Raw this week, the meaningless stuff was forgettable but the important stuff was done well.

Great TLC match, I think everyone expected The Shield to come out anyway but regardless Ryback looked good here. Interested to see where they go with him from here and what happens with him at the Rumble.

I love Cesaro and he constantly delivers in the ring but they really need to do something with him to give people a real reason to be bothered about him, as shown by the crowds indifference to him. He also needs a proper feud, can't say I'm looking forward to that being against the somehow even less likable face Miz.

Loved the end segment, Punk was great and as generic as the material the Rock had he was also great as usual with the crowd. Gotta say this show made the WWE title look and seem at its most importance/prestigious since probably MITB 2011, what with the TLC match and the last 30 mins.

That's Maddox's personal cameraman for his Youtube show, he's been shown during every appearance Maddox has made thus far.

• Paid Members

I thought it was absolutely great. Totally, utterly, great.

Cena/Zigglesworth was brilliant, loved the false finishes and counters. They do have this weird habit of booking Dolph against a particular foe several times but as I haven't seen much of their recent stuff, I was dead into this. Blinding way to start the show.

I like Cesaro. The crowd were getting more into him as the match wore on too. The springboard uppercut and the neutralizer on Khali were the tits, and the crowd knew it too. I don't find him boring in the least. They seem to be pushing him as a throwback to the days of some of a George Hackenschmidt and while it's not as colourful as other characters on the show, it totally has a place on it. His "YEEEEAH!" face when he's hitting the neutralizer is a great visual.

3MB are brilliant as a bumping machine, especially Heath Slater who I've been very impressed with since I've started tuning in again. They're good fun, and while they're a jobber group at least they have a purpose and a character. They made Orton and Sheamus look like diamonds.

The TLC was actually gripping, and although Ryback was never winning it, they did the absolute best job they could of making you suspend your disbelief for the duration. And even though he lost, the crowd were really into him and I think he can still cut it at this sort of level. The Shield are now hated even more, Punk keeps his momentum going, and in no way did Ryback look like a chump. He basically had the title won. He had his hands on it as the lights went out. The key now will be keeping his momentum going while he takes a step back from the title picture, but the chase is better than the catch anyway. The closer he keeps getting to the title, the more people will go bezerk when he finally does win it.

End segment, loving it. The WWE title means something again. That's going to be a belting match at the Rumble.

Archived