WWE Raw 07/01/13 Discussion

NEWM

The Punk/Rock promo really got me excited for their match though. They're two completely different types of wrestlers so it works well. I like how Punk said that he didn't care how many times a year Rock decides to show up. I was fearing that they'd tread the same water they did with the Cena feud but thankfully, they're not.

Yeah your right there. I liked how Punk mentioned how he wouldn't want The Rock's hectic schedule for Movies and fitting wrestling in where last year Cena decided to bash him for it with the words "I'm here every single day Dwayne". Fuck just looking back Cena/Rock didn't gell well at all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really like Orton. Always have. Granted, he's a bit stale at the moment and lost in the shuffle, but I have faith that he'll come good either doing his tweening gig again, or blast out as full blown baddy. Being a goody isn't for everyone.

Sandow has a majestic bulge in his jockeys.

• Paid Members

Anyone who fancies having a moan about 3MB being a jobber squad, remember that even getting matches on TV with the likes of Orton and Sheamus is a big step up from where they were three months ago. Yes, they're a comedy unit. That's fine. The Spirit Squad were a comedy unit too, and they got to main event a PPV out of it.

If 3MB stay over enough for the next few weeks, they are only a couple of wins against International Airstrike and Kofi & partner-of-the-week from "hey, these guys have got a bit of momentum," maybe upsetting Rey/Sin Cara and getting in line for a title shot. It's just a shame for them that Rhodes Scholars and PTP are ahead of both of them in the heel tandem pecking order, and a shame for all three teams that apparently the Outlaws aren't going to be used on TV, as a winner over such tag team legends would have been a real shot in the arm for someone.

In fact, I like the idea of losing to 3MB as a potential catalyst for a Rey/Cara split, if the two of them wrestling each other at 'Mania is still on the cards.

Punk/Rock have the ability to do some cracking stuff together. The two different styles are perfect. Really looking forward to it.

Absolutely. Raw was mainly Rock's time to shine in that promo as he had about 80% of it. I'm looking forward to Punk's turn to hold the mic, I think he is going to bring the best out of The Rock. I'm also expecting good things out of the match at the Rumble. There will be far less pressure than there was at Mania for Rock, so I'm hoping he can let his hair (!?) down a little and have a banging match in the spirit of say Rock / Jericho from No Mercy 01 or Rock / Angle from No Way Out that same year. I may even bust out a Rocky chant from my living room. On my own.

Anyone who fancies having a moan about 3MB being a jobber squad, remember that even getting matches on TV with the likes of Orton and Sheamus is a big step up from where they were three months ago. Yes, they're a comedy unit. That's fine. The Spirit Squad were a comedy unit too, and they got to main event a PPV out of it.

If 3MB stay over enough for the next few weeks, they are only a couple of wins against International Airstrike and Kofi & partner-of-the-week from "hey, these guys have got a bit of momentum," maybe upsetting Rey/Sin Cara and getting in line for a title shot. It's just a shame for them that Rhodes Scholars and PTP are ahead of both of them in the heel tandem pecking order, and a shame for all three teams that apparently the Outlaws aren't going to be used on TV, as a winner over such tag team legends would have been a real shot in the arm for someone.

In fact, I like the idea of losing to 3MB as a potential catalyst for a Rey/Cara split, if the two of them wrestling each other at 'Mania is still on the cards.

I was one moaning.

Yeah I agree its such a step up from where Slater & McIntyre were a few months. I'm a big fan of both and just hope to see more become of the two. Plus I'm bitter aswell seeing McIntyres attire change. I thought the trunks and kneepads matching the Scottish flag looked great. Now he looks like Lance Hoyt from the Rock n Rave tag team.

I thought the main bits were good. Rock is still saying crap things, but the tension between him and Punk and the intensity has me excited for their match. Ryback's pretty fucked now though, for me. He's lost four big matches on the trot, the only four big matches he's had as well. He needs a proper win.

Sheamus, Orton and 3MB stuff was a waste of time. Fed up of Cena vs Ziggler. Extending feuds like that just means the results never really matter. And Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars has been going on since about September. Kaitlyn vs Eve, same.

I liked Kofi's flurry against Big Show, but what a jobberific loss. Stuff like this did nothing for either party. I think there should be more Show/Ricardo/Del Rio comedy bits, the two of them could wind him up a treat. Building a title match at the Rumble, and building Alberto as a face. Barrett's bit on the show helped build him, but every heel seems to do the "I'm bringing prestige back" gimmick when they win the Intercontinental.

Orton, Sheamus, Hell No etc not helping Ryback in the TLC made no sense. They should all be bursting to batter the Shield.

• Paid Members
Orton, Sheamus, Hell No etc not helping Ryback in the TLC made no sense. They should all be bursting to batter the Shield.

Yes, 100%. The bigger point for me is it made Ryback look a complete idiot for not having asked for someone to watch his back in advance. He knew from Survivors that the three of them were enough to take him out of the equation if they saw fit. Hell, even 3 on 3 at TLC they ended up victorious. Him trotting to the ring without a contingency plan with the history involved, lordy. Fool me once, and all that.

Looked like the match we saw between Punk and Ryback was the match we were meant to see at TLC and for some reason despite what we've seen since they decided to stick with how the match was booked to go at that time which would explain why noone else got involved. Thats the trouble with the writers nowadays though, they don't think outside the box.

• Paid Members

i dont watch many Raw's in their entirity but i really enjoyed the show, couple of quality matches, couple of short squashy type affaird and a quality confronation between The Rock/Punk. It's easy to get tired of The Rock's 'tired schtick' but he still commands an audience like no other, i loved the contrast in styles between the two, it really has a good vs. evil thing going for it, i imagine many will take Punk's side and prefer his reality based approach as opposed to The Rock's comedy good guy routine but it's gonna be interesting to see em battle it out.

I wonder how many people genuinely get pissed off during Punk's 'pipe bomb' routines, because he does speak some harsh truths.

Yes, 100%. The bigger point for me is it made Ryback look a complete idiot for not having asked for someone to watch his back in advance. He knew from Survivors that the three of them were enough to take him out of the equation if they saw fit. Hell, even 3 on 3 at TLC they ended up victorious. Him trotting to the ring without a contingency plan with the history involved, lordy. Fool me once, and all that.

For me it's more bothersome that none of those other faces seem bothered about the Shield. "Well, they kicked the shit out of me a few weeks back and put me on the shelf, but I chased them last week so we're evens now." And it's not like Orton, Sheamus, Bryan or Kane had bigger fish to fry.

I enjoyed the TLC match, but the rest was pretty dross. CM Punk's PIPEBOMB~! was boring as hell, and The Rock was cringeworthy with his usual schtic, but the crowd were well into it and I'm still excited for the Rumble match.

Cesaro's brilliant, isn't he?

Archived