WWE Raw 07/01/13 Discussion

NEWM

Hey, fucking hell, The Rock's coming back tomorrow. And it's Punk/Ryback for the belt. And then it's the big 20th Birthday show the week after so they'll probably set some stuff up for that too. And we're not bored of The Shield yet. And that bloke from the Nation of Domination might attack John Cena again. Got the makings of a pretty eventful show, I'd have thought. What's gonna happen then?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Maybe, just maybe, Rock will come out unannounced and unadvertised to go face to face after Punk retains? Maybe Lesnar will cost Ryback the title?

Maybe nothing interesting will happen. Yeah, that's the one I'm going for. I reckon we're definitely on for some Royal Rumble qualifiers, which will last about 2 minutes each, feature guys that aren't usually big enough names to appear on Raw, and generally be a waste of time.

• Paid Members

Unlike air_raid I'm feeling reasonably positive about WWE going into 2013. There's a lot of aspects about the product and things they are doing lately that are great and I feel are a good direction. I'm excited about what this year is going to bring. The first few months have the potential to be fucking electric! And the TV has been loads of fun lately. They've got some serious talent on the books and they're clearly in the mind of pushing, making, establishing new guys right now and for the future. I can see this year being a somewhat definitive one of their future like 2005 was.

The Rumble could be extremely good too. I can see a few returns happening there and I envision the final four is going to be Sheamus, Menry, Cena and Ryback which would be just tremendous.

• Paid Members
Unlike air_raid I'm feeling reasonably positive about WWE going into 2013.

Don't put words in my mouth. 2013 on the whole will be great. The Rumble will be great, Rock will get a title run which will make me feel all warm and fuzzy, Lesnar will wrestle again, the Elimination Chamber will hopefully deliver something memorable, 'Mania will be lots of fun. Then nine months of other stuff.

• Paid Members

Got the makings of a good Raw, hopefully the start of a run of them. From this point on every show ought to feel important as we're on that road to WrestleMania now. So getting The Rock in is a great way to kick off the new year. A move that's made even better by the fact that we don't know what he's actually going to do.

I'm not so fussed by the TLC match. Only intrigue lies in the question of how Punk will get away with it this time.

That's more like it chaps! I agree too, have a feeling that it will be a big year, or at least a typically ace first few months of the year. January's absolutely stacked so it has lots of potential to carry on the great stuff they started building at the back end of last year.

Predictions on Rock? It's got to be Cena hasn't it? I'm all over tha,t but ever since Ian told us it's all up in the air, I'm curious as to what else they might have in mind for him. Especially if

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

he's going in the Chamber in February, as the poster seems to imply.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I can't decide if I want Billy Gunn to shock the world and win the Rumble or have the Outlaws get a title shot at the Raw 20th show. I wish some heels had the belts, that would have been a superb segment for that show. The Shield could have beat them a few weeks later and looked a proper set of cunts taking the titles too, beating down the poor old legends en route to glory.

Rock was on some talkshow t'other night, basically admitting he's headlining Wrestlemania and he's got an opponent set, and the storyline kicks off on Raw. I have a feeling this is going to be a decent show!

Have you got a link to this? Or know what show it was?

I'm staying optimistic for this road to Mania which is when they really care about the product. Then it will be 2 months of not much happening until the Summerslam main event is announced, to tide everyone over. The company goes through these crazy periods where they have loads at their disposal, but then settle down again but still having to produce like 9 hours of TV, so time stands still. It's so odd. Two occasions in recent memory stick out when I got way too excited about where things might go. One was around Nov 2011, when Foley and Nash were still in the company, Miz and Truth were talking about some conspiracy, and people were throwing out scenarios that a Kliq/NWO reunion headed up by or opposing Punk would happen. The second was coming out of Mania, when Brock was back, Daniel Bryan was enjoying the new Yes-fame, Rock had promised to win the title again, and Cena was in an interesting place having lost the biggest match of his career (also Moxley was bound to debut at any moment); then that middle of the year kinda dragged albeit Raw 1000.

Raw looks to have quite a lot going for it in the next few weeks, and while I'm looking for a new job, I'll make the most of it and might actually stay up while I can.

• Paid Members
I can't decide if I want Billy Gunn to shock the world and win the Rumble or have the Outlaws get a title shot at the Raw 20th show. I wish some heels had the belts, that would have been a superb segment for that show. The Shield could have beat them a few weeks later and looked a proper set of cunts taking the titles too, beating down the poor old legends en route to glory.

Title shot or not, surely the Outlaws are getting a match on the 20th Anniversary show? Would be criminal not to use them after their recent exploits on the road.

Rock was on some talkshow t'other night, basically admitting he's headlining Wrestlemania and he's got an opponent set, and the storyline kicks off on Raw. I have a feeling this is going to be a decent show!

Unless it's against Cena again :angry:

• Paid Members

So Rock is confirmed then? He'll come out at the midpoint of the show, announce that he's looking forward to fighting the winner of the title match at the Rumble. He'll say something that puts Ryback over in some way, and he'll slag Punk off and call him a whiny little bitch. Then he'll guaran-damn-tee that whoever wins, he'll bring the belt home for #TEAMBRINGIT or whatever.

Then after the match when Punk has won, we'll get a little dose of this :

20120730_EP_LIGHT_Rock-Punk_C_homepage.jpg

Well, except Punk won't bother putting his t-shirt back on, clearly.

Well, except Punk won't bother putting his t-shirt back on, clearly.

He probably should actually, unless he wants to look like an Ethiopian next to The Rock before he has no choice in the matter at the PPV.

people were throwing out scenarios that a Kliq/NWO reunion headed up by or opposing Punk would happen.

That rumour has been doing the rounds again since Nash tweeted this (I don't use twitter meself like, but it's been posted elsewhere on the net)

@RealKevinNash: A lot of you wanted an NWO reunion,there will be one.As you know we only come in take over mode.Stay tuned!!

@RealKevinNash : Rock will never walk out of the Rumble with the belt we got Phils back

@RealKevinNash : Sorry @CMPunk we got your back!!!!

@RealKevinNash : @av812 Punk leader,NWO army to protect the gold

Punk, Lesnar, Nash, The Shield, Maddox and Heyman - nWo? That would be fucking immense if it was to happen. And The Shield did make reference to the nWo in their first promo - albeit to deny being a new nWo.

As for tomorrow night's RAW, I've got two possibilities for the Punk/Ryback match going round me head. The Shield come out and distract Ryback allowing Punk to climb the ladder and win. Or it's actually The Rock who prevents Ryback winning because he wants to be the one to face Punk after what Punk did to him at RAW 1,000. Rock wins the title at the Rumble (though I'd rather Punk did) while Ryback wins the Rumble itself.

Ryback v Rock at Mania - with Ryback joining the newly formed nWo in the process just for added insanity.

Archived