January Hate Thread

neil

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Bandwagon Bummers are like a low-rent pCc. Pleather jackets, that sort of thing.

A necessary comedown. Orton had to go and do Legacy once he finally got over the end of Evolution.

Chili, this makes you Manu.

• Paid Members
The Bandwagon Bummers are like a low-rent pCc. Pleather jackets, that sort of thing.

A necessary comedown. Orton had to go and do Legacy once he finally got over the end of Evolution.

Chili, this makes you Manu.

Not even Sim Snuka, yeah thanks a bunch.

• Moderators
Confidence.

Confidence has always been a major issue for me. I try and try to be confident when talking to new people but I just can't seem to manage it. It's a bastard aswel on a night out because I feel too shy to go up and talk to women.

I get a lot of compliments about my looks and personality, the women at work seem to give me a lot of attention and if I get to know someone, I can come off as someone who is quite a confident and outgoing person, all the while I'm shitting bricks inside about what people think of me. When I say to people at work that I am quite shy, they basically tell me I'm lying and make a joke about it.

What I'm trying to say, or ask, is, are there any ways to overcome shyness and boost confidence without going to see a councillor or drugs? A big part of the reason I've decided I'm going travelling is that I know I will need to talk to and rely on people I don't know and have just met which in turn, could make me a more confident person.

Have any of you tried self help book? Recommend any websites? Or any tips in general?

Apologies for getting abit deep, but this place seems like the best place for any help or advice on anything.

The thing about confidence and boosting it is to get out there and do it and not worry about the consequences. You cant be confident without being at ease with something and if you arent getting the 'practice' in then you wont be able to relax and be yourself.

Dont set your self any goals, chat to anyone and everyone about mundane shite like the time ( pretend your watch is on the fritz), or not been around, where ever it is you are in ages and then go from there. If you set yourself goals like I will find the right one now after 5 secs then you will forever fail. Go out just chat shit with people enjoy yourself and through practice you will feel more comfy talking to strangers and thus your confidence will come through au naturale.

Of course this doesnt mean that you will suddenly 'pull'. It does mean you will meet a load of new people, even if you never see them again and when you do meet someone you like you wont clam up because you have no confidence in yourself to go up and talk to them

I didn't want to post in the thread, because it's the Depression thread. However, this post isn't about depression and it features pat giving someone the advice to talk about mundane things. Amazing.

Don't do it, Nick, unless you want to model yourself on the most boring motherfucker in the world.

I'd like to nominate kendal. All I've ever seen him do is pop into a thread, post a shitty one-liner about how rubbish a thread or poster is, then fuck off again.

Welcome home Freeboat.

Gay.

Pot. Kettle. Twat.

• Paid Members
+1 for Vamp.

I also want to nominate this, it's Richie Freebird's review of the "Ultraviolent Insanity" tag team title match from Cage of Death IV, and say a little word on Richie himself.

Richie is a polarizing character and one or two of his personality quirks irritate a few posters on here : true.

Richie likes the Death Match/garbage style, which I can't stand : also true.

However, when I read this review, it only goes to underscore the passion and interest in (this particular form of) pro wrestling, and caring enough about it and this forum to make the effort to post an in-depth review with lovely pictures for the informing and enjoyment of other posters that take an interest in that sort of wrestling. You don't have to appreciate CZW to appreciate the post, is the point I'm trying to make.

Moreover, even if there are a few that really don't care for some of the things Richie comes out with (or more likely how he comes out with them), there are at least a dozen or so cunts on the forum who contribute precisely FUCK ALL for the enjoyment of FUCK ALL PEOPLE - not lurkers, just cunts - and I'd take a hundred Richie types over ten or twelve of them any day of the bastard week.

Welcome home Freeboat.

citizen_cane.gif

Gay.

I can't stand Richie Freebird and his faux-laddish personality and dubious personal hygiene (probably) but, I ended up agreeing for the most part with what Raid said in his post. Richie (when his access to the internet isn't limited) does contribute a great deal to this forum and regularly sparks a nice bit of debate. Dave The Stoner on the other hand is fucking retarded troll who's wit makes Jeff Dunham seem like Richard Pryor. Fuck off back to your hole you odious fucking chode.

I don't see why it can't be separate. I hate an awful lot of what Richie says, does and what he stands for, but does that mean all his posts are shit? Of course not. Most of us have our good and bad points, just a different balance. As shit as Kendal is most of the time, even he ocassionally gets it right. It's generally only trolls that have nothing to offer whatsoever.

I find sometimes the opposite really annoys me. For example, aaron is, obviously, one of these Freemen, tinfoil Duanists and a lot of his posts are tinged with mental lunacy.

But then occasionally he posts a completely normal post, with a reasonable opinion on wrestling or something, and I don't know how to take it. If you reply you might encourage him to post more often.

britishwrestlinglegends. I can only remember certain posters for certain posts. The only thing I can remember of this guy is his insufferable attempts to convert the non-believers into the Jovo nutjob squad. In a roundabout way he has done it again in the 'Post Of The Year' thread. Maybe it's his incessant ramblings, maybe it's his shit posts, but more than likely it's because I don't like preachers. Either way, he gets on my tits. I have no problem with people who choose to believe or follow different faiths or religions, just don't put it in my face. I have the same approach with homosexuality, I have no problem with your sexual preference or lifestyle choice, just don't stick a cock in my mouth.

Just shut up. You have less success converting me on an internet forum than you would if you came round my house and force fed me your pamphlets.

Archived