January Hate Thread

neil

But as i put in the religious thread, spreading The Truth door to door is not an enjoyable experience for most brothers & sisters. At least on here the abuse can't deteriorate into violence & this form of witnessing is a lot warmer from the comfort of our living rooms.

That's not our fucking fault though is it?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But as i put in the religious thread, spreading The Truth door to door is not an enjoyable experience for most brothers & sisters. At least on here the abuse can't deteriorate into violence & this form of witnessing is a lot warmer from the comfort of our living rooms.

That's not our fucking fault though is it?

Never said it was, my friend. Only trying to explain why i do what i do.

britishwrestlinglegends. I can only remember certain posters for certain posts. The only thing I can remember of this guy is his insufferable attempts to convert the non-believers into the Jovo nutjob squad. In a roundabout way he has done it again in the 'Post Of The Year' thread. Maybe it's his incessant ramblings, maybe it's his shit posts, but more than likely it's because I don't like preachers. Either way, he gets on my tits. I have no problem with people who choose to believe or follow different faiths or religions, just don't put it in my face. I have the same approach with homosexuality, I have no problem with your sexual preference or lifestyle choice, just don't stick a cock in my mouth.

Just shut up. You have less success converting me on an internet forum than you would if you came round my house and force fed me your pamphlets.

You have less success converting me on an internet forum than you would if you came round my house and force fed me your pamphlets.

If that's your idea of "spreading the truth" then in all honesty it's no wonder you get a negative reaction on the doors. You haven't offered a single insight into your beliefs, choosing rather to remind us at every opportunity that we're shit and you're great. Forgive us if we disagree.

britishwrestlinglegends. I can only remember certain posters for certain posts. The only thing I can remember of this guy is his insufferable attempts to convert the non-believers into the Jovo nutjob squad. In a roundabout way he has done it again in the 'Post Of The Year' thread. Maybe it's his incessant ramblings, maybe it's his shit posts, but more than likely it's because I don't like preachers. Either way, he gets on my tits. I have no problem with people who choose to believe or follow different faiths or religions, just don't put it in my face. I have the same approach with homosexuality, I have no problem with your sexual preference or lifestyle choice, just don't stick a cock in my mouth.

Just shut up. You have less success converting me on an internet forum than you would if you came round my house and force fed me your pamphlets.

You have less success converting me on an internet forum than you would if you came round my house and force fed me your pamphlets.

If that's your idea of "spreading the truth" then in all honesty it's no wonder you get a negative reaction on the doors. You haven't offered a single insight into your beliefs, choosing rather to remind us at every opportunity that we're shit and you're great. Forgive us if we disagree.

I thought i gave a lot of insight? What i was trying to point out here is a popular misconception that followers of The Truth actually enjoy going door to door & that perhaps we are cranks that enjoy the abuse that we get from time to time. We do this out of duty & would much rather spread the good word in a less hostile environment like the UKFF for example.

• Paid Members

Less hostile? It's a WRESTLING forum. You yourself follow wrestling legends and know how passionate and rabid wrestling fans can be, so that statement baffles me. I know this all stems from off-topic, but still.

I think you're totally mis-reading your target audience on here. If that's your belief, more power to you. But if you must insist on spreading the good word about R-Truth or whoever/whatever it is, you might be better served doing it by first researching the place where you effectively do your preaching before doing it like somewhere on here where your efforts are essentially wasted. Or radically re-think your approach to doing so. Or just go away.

Less hostile? It's a WRESTLING forum. You yourself follow wrestling legends and know how passionate and rabid wrestling fans can be, so that statement baffles me. I know this all stems from off-topic, but still.

I think you're totally mis-reading your target audience on here. If that's your belief, more power to you. But if you must insist on spreading the good word about R-Truth or whoever/whatever it is, you might be better served doing it by first researching the place where you effectively do your preaching before doing it like somewhere on here where your efforts are essentially wasted. Or radically re-think your approach to doing so. Or just go away.

Less hostile in the sense that you can't thump me on the end of my nose through your laptop! I would have to disagree with you on recruiting on the UKFF, a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting :thumbsup:

Less hostile in the sense that you can't thump me on the end of my nose through your laptop! I would have to disagree with you on recruiting on the UKFF, a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting :thumbsup:

Targeting being a very appropriate word to use. Preying would be another.

a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting :thumbsup:

Aside from the fact that you just stated that a lot of wrestling fans are essentially losers (you're winning me over here) and the targeting bit sounds like you're trying to wipe us out (you're winning me over here), do Witnesses fit particularly well into societies? Earlier you were being punched on peoples' doorsteps. If that's fitting into society I want no part of the bloody thing. Good job I'm a loser wrestling fan, eh?

a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting :thumbsup:

Aside from the fact that you just stated that a lot of wrestling fans are essentially losers (you're winning me over here) and the targeting bit sounds like you're trying to wipe us out (you're winning me over here), do Witnesses fit particularly well into societies? Earlier you were being punched on peoples' doorsteps. If that's fitting into society I want no part of the bloody thing. Good job I'm a loser wrestling fan, eh?

Witnesses fit very well into our own society, Thank you. I never said wrestling fans are "Losers", I too am a wrestling fan & believe i am about as far removed from being a "Loser" as you can be. It was a compliment in the fact that wrestling fans have certain qualities that would make them excellent brothers or sisters IMO. Also i do not believe i "Prey on people", I pray for people. I even pray for the good people on this hate thread. You can keep on hating all you want without getting me to bite, At the end of the day i have the Truth on my side & the love of God.

• Paid Members

I hate people "perching" religion or trying to force it one me. The kind of people who hang around city centres shouting about Jesus and Mohamed or knocking on your door giving you pamphlets.

What really gets me is they never sell it with any purpose to me, they never sell it to me as a person but as them doing something great for themselves some how. If some one really wants to get me more involved in religion they wouldn't need to wait until I came to them firstly and then talk about it on reasonable terms in a sensible grounding.

EDIT: You're all massive benders, hate and that ~

a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting

Sounds more like a business than a religious faith. Do you get commission for every vulnerable person you have successfully groomed?

a lot of wrestling fans live on the very fringes of their communities & struggle to fit into today's society. These are exactly the type of people we are targeting

Sounds more like a business than a religious faith. Do you get commission for every vulnerable person you have successfully groomed?

My mate comes from a JoVo family (he thinks it's batshit mental and is a fully blown atheist) and reckons its absolutely rock hard to get into their heaven. You have to convert a certain amount of people before JoVo Jesus will even consider your application

• Paid Members
It's a religious pyramid scheme is what it is.

I can now only think of God as some sort of shady Arthur Daley type figure, sat around trying hard to sell a knocked off DVD player to Buddha.

Archived