Your most disapointing potential Wrestlemania 29 card.

CW Saton

Out of the potential matches that could possibly occur at Wrestlemania 29, which likely card, based on the current roster, would the UKFF find to be the most underwhelming, disappointing and badly booked? A card which would guaruntee that you would be thinking twice about ordering the PPV.

Here's my tedious & lacklustre line-up.

WWE Championship

John Cena v The Rock

• Paid Members

The rumours of Rock/Brock and Undertaker/Brock that popped up shortly after this years Mania left me underwhelmed. The recent talk of Taker/Punk isn't doing it for me, either. Come to think of it, aside from a match with The Rock (which will probably never happen, sadly) or John Cena (won't happen this year), I'm not sure there is a big one on one epic left for Undertaker that wouldn't be a let down compared to the last few years.

Stupid, fantasy, off-topic thought: How would people feel about a big tag, Undertaker and Triple H vs CM Punk and Brock Lesnar? I'd still have the same concerns about it not being able to live up to the recent streak matches, but it could still be brilliant, and it would be something different. There's a potentially great built-in story there between Trips and Taker after this years match, two guys that went to war with each other now teaming together for the good of the company. They both have history to play off of with Punk and Lesnar, too.

It wouldn't really be too hard to book. Punk loses title, goes mental, aligns with/brings in Lesnar to help him fuck shit up, HHH comes back to get at Lesnar, gets outnumbered and beat up for a few weeks until... *Lights out*..... "GONG!!" We're pretty much set. The two long-standing cornerstones of the WWE against the mercenary who walked out on the company and the guy who tried to leave and take the title with him.

I'd be up for it, anyway...

• Paid Members

I'd be up for that too (it means Triple H can do all the promo work and just let 'Taker do his entrance), but you have to figure they'll be featuring Ryback in a big match to help cement him as their future babyface star. Well, I hope they have the sense to do that. The dream is Ryback/Lesnar beating the shit out of each other for 10/15 minutes.

That OP contains a lot of projected misery. The rumoured rematches of Rock/Cena and HHH/Lesnar don't really light my fire, although I enjoyed the original bouts. I seemed to like HHH/Lesnar more than most based on some of the reactions I read.

CVD, that tag match actually sounds really interesting. I too can't think of many matches left for Undertaker. Taker vs. Ryback needs Ryback to turn heel, and I don't think it's time for that. The tag match would be a nice way to have Taker active this year in a featured match and have the final showdown vs. Cena at Wrestlemania 30, I really can't see anything different as far as the end of Taker's career goes, he's the company's biggest star and they've never worked a program- unless you count Vengeance 2003, which no sensible person should.

Taker vs. Lesnar has been done, but their current characters could put a nice twist on it. Deadman Taker vs. MMA Lesnar. Taker could really unleash his MMA fanboy and have a UFC style match with a lot less crazy bumps, but still very dramatic. Build it around the gogoplata vs. the kimura and you really have something.

Matches I could see happening at Mania but don't really want:

The Rock vs. Cena- Once In A Lifetime (again)- WWE Title

Triple H (w/ Steph) vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Heyman) - Control of the WWE

CM Punk vs. Undertaker- Not a terrible match, but I fear it being booked to cut Punk's balls off and establish him as nowhere near HBK or HHH.

World Heavyweight Championship Fatal 4 Way- Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Del Rio vs. Ziggler ©

Ryback vs. Big E Langston- let's face it, it could be epic or be Lesnar/Goldberg.

WWE Tag Team Championship- Team Cobro vs. The Shield- Shield fight the injustice of shitty dot com shows.

Mixed Tag Match: Daniel Bryan/Vickie Guerrero vs. Kane/AJ- Team Hell No disband with a Kane heel turn, crazy AJ digs the monster Kane, Vickie is still hating on AJ... Wrestlemania baby!

• Paid Members

Love the tag match Cleetus.

I'm a little skeptical if Undertaker has a big singles match left in him (he couldn't even remove his hood properly at Raw 1000) and would certainly approve of him being part of an all-star tag match.

• Paid Members

+1 for the tag match idea. I'm just about sick of the Streak now and pretty much no singles match for Taker would get my juices flowing so this would be a welcome change and the fact that the Streak could be ended by HHH taking the pinfall in the tag match would work for me. Those four names in the ring at once would be great and other than a singles match with Rock or Austin, there is probably no bigger match that CM Punk could hope to be in on the show.

I've mentioned this previously, but if Punk is still WWE champ by WM, Punk Vs Taker would be on the level of the last few years and it does get me excited.

I see Taker winning the Rumble and choosing to face Punk in a WM streak vs Title Streak. Thats the only match I can think of that would have me doubting a Taker win and if he does win it would be interesting to see how he would be booked after the match.

Would he lose it the next night on Raw? If he does, I see this being to someone new and fresh in a simular vein to Deisel taking it from Backlund.

Vacate it and retire leaving a Tournament for Extreme Rules?

Or be back to a full time (TV) scedule for one last run until he loses it on a PPV.

Lots of possibilities and a damn site more exciting than watching Cena take the belt from Rock at Mania.

• Awards Moderator

That tag match is a nice idea, Cleetus!

I'm also quite keen on the Honey Boo Boo thing in the original post. I know it wasn't meant to be serious, and I can't stand her, but that programme is mega-popular in America at the moment, isn't it? If Jamie Noble was still around (I can't think of any redneck characters in WWE at the moment) she could have accompanied him or something. She could do a load of publicity beforehand, could be quite lucrative. Or it could be Snooki at WM27 again. At least HBB's a wrestling fan already (I think).

Archived