Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Your laugh isn't adorable but is contagious. Another great show this week. Looking forward to the next weeks feedback show. One question I always ask my mates is if you had to create an early to mid 90s esq wwe style gimmick for yourselves what would it be? I'm guessing Carls would heavily influenced by the biblical character Methusela.

I dunno with all the drinking through the show I always picture a well spoken Father Jack when it comes to Carl.

I dunno with all the drinking through the show I always picture a well spoken Father Jack when it comes to Carl.

We were actually together recording this week's show when you posted that, popped us all huge B-)

SCG Radio has reached episode number 50, and decided this was as good a time as any to dive into the mailbag and take your comments and questions on all things pro wrestling. We ended up discussing a wide variety of topics such as the vocal minority versus casual fan dilemma in WWE, Brock Vs. Taker at Summerslam, our favourite WrestleCrap moments, least favourite wrestlers when we were kids, definitive champions, recasting gimmicks, dream matches, the worst fuck finishes ever and much much more. A very fun show this week, and a big thanks to all of our great listeners and contributors, we hope you enjoy the show!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/fhgnix/SCGRadio50-TheMailbag.mp3

I pssed myself hearing about the family going to watch a PPV in the theatre coming with signs. Any recollection of what the signs said?

Also the thought of cutting a best friend off completely to an extent you don't even remember his name, just cos his favourite wrestler was Tatanka is fucking amazing

Edited by sj5522

Just texted Luke about the signs, he said:

"Nothing imaginative. One had some physical cut and paste of a picture of Randy Orton, I assume from WWE magazine with the word 'Orton' in big letters (in case we didn't know who it was).

There was another I remember that said 'Undertaker' in black, but also had loads of rainbow glitter on..."

• Paid Members

Great bunch of random stuff. I was obviously happy to hear some of the answers to my own questions, but there are a couple of moments I want to pick out ;

* Chase saying that Kid beating Razor helped convince him that wrestling was fake - I actually felt the other way, it helped me believe that it might actually be real, as it restored that idea that anyone can have an off night and it felt a little like a "3rd Round FA Cup upset" result... coming not long after the Match of the Day where Leicester upset Palace, Middlesbrough knocked out Man City.... and of course, best of all and most famously, Wrexham doing over the Arsenal. I mean, of course I still knew it wasn't real, but that match helped me pretend for a little longer.

* Karl's hatred of The Bushwhackers growing up is yet another doff of the cap from me. Our likes arent always the same, but good lord, we sure seem to hate a lot of the same shit. Pair of twats.

* I'm surprised none of the panel brought up the possibility that Taker will lose to Lesnar after interference from Sting to set THAT up for Mania, because the seems to be what a whole lot of us think is going to happen.

Apropos of nothing.... I had no idea there were so many words to the "Deadly Game" theme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

he came off as a humble guy during the interview, he didn't really toot his own horn...the only thing my bullshit detector went off for really was his story of falling out of the window.

Also, is Vampiro's popularity in Mexico exaggerated?

• Paid Members

Well he does seem to be super popular. Quite too what level is hard to say. Yeah I find that story stomach. Apparently he did get robbed. I imagine he bricked it. Dived out the window then fathomed up some story to save face

• Paid Members

He broke his back and was seen later that day for AAA officials with his daughter. He must either have shockingly good healing powers to the levels of Wolverine or Vampiro is telling one of his porkies again. Vamp is an entertaining guy, but his interviews are legendary for how much of a blatant liar he is.