Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Austin is starting to grate on me with the Unleashed podcast. It's seems like just because it's the adult version, he forces a swear word into every sentence.

Also listened to Mike Tenay on JR's podcast and found it quite boring. Maybe it was because it was a telephone interview and wasn't a very clear conversation, but, I zoned out quite a few times.

• Moderators

I've never listened to it, but I just read a post on another forum about Piper's show, when he had Bully Ray on, and referred to him as 'Billy Ray' for the first hour, until BR mentions putting Mae Young through a table and he suddenly realises who he's been talking to.

I thought the Piper podcast with Will Sasso was really funny. The impression was a good 8/10 but the references and accuracy of things he was saying was a 10. Loved the part where he said he didn't get the plane to Mania because he wanted to drive and got there around Tuesday. Joking at Duggan about his football gimmick was funny too. Don't know why Austin had a problem with it (if he did).

• Paid Members

I'm sure I was turned on too it in this thread but I want too say how much I'm enjoying the New blood rising podcast which is 3 guys rewatching the end of WCW. Really like there positive but fun look back on it, also there ongoing Bret Hart imitation is great. If your looking for something to listen to give it a chance

• Paid Members

I was very entertained by Flair's story about Rick Rude refusing to job to Hulk Hogan. Got to say I'm on Rude's side there, what with him having retired through injury a couple of months before Hogan joined the promotion.

• Paid Members

I'm sure I was turned on too it in this thread but I want too say how much I'm enjoying the New blood rising podcast which is 3 guys rewatching the end of WCW. Really like there positive but fun look back on it, also there ongoing Bret Hart imitation is great. If your looking for something to listen to give it a chance

It's fun but the Bret impression tires me no end. They also think stuff was good when it wasn't, not even justifiably. It's worth a listen though.

I still highly tout the New Gen podcast over all the others. AE podcast and OSW are too infrequent these days, but the new gen lads throw a new one out every 2 weeks. The era they cover is downright fascinating too, plus they are actually all quite naturally funny. I've gone right off Kefin Mahon.

It's fun but the Bret impression tires me no end. They also think stuff was good when it wasn't, not even justifiably.
God yeah. By the third episode I was sick to fucking death of them talking over each other to get their bits in. And one of them (they're all interchangeable personality wise, which doesn't help) seems to think funny = SHOUTING VERY LOUDLY!! I still listen because I love hearing/reading about that era of WCW but it's waaaaay down the list in terms of my favourite review podcasts (OSW is still tops for me, though agreed they're getting a bit too infrequent :()

It's fun but the Bret impression tires me no end. They also think stuff was good when it wasn't, not even justifiably. It's worth a listen though.

I still highly tout the New Gen podcast over all the others. AE podcast and OSW are too infrequent these days, but the new gen lads throw a new one out every 2 weeks. The era they cover is downright fascinating too, plus they are actually all quite naturally funny. I've gone right off Kefin Mahon.

You should steer clear of his new How2Wrestling podcast, where he is getting his girlfriend into it. I had to turn it off after 10 minutes because she does the Friends-style upward inflection at the end of every sentence, where everything sounds like it's a question.

The New Gen lads are great and the regularity of their show is a plus point for them. Still love the guys from OSW though

I still quite like Mahon on the Attitude Era podcast but couldn't stomach his new one with the woman. 

I should really give the New Gen show a real crack, only listened to one random episode a while back and thought it was pretty good. 

Flair's pod is still delivering the goods. He treads that line fine line between triumph and disaster, but the entertainment value is there regardless. First it was the Sullivan interview where both were hammered, then he has JJ Dillon on the show and decides to have his dinner during the interview. Amazing stuff. 

Definitely go back through the New Gen podcast, the first shows are a little iffy but they found their feet pretty quickly. A particularly great episode is the WCW Uncensored 96, were they try talking about pretty much anything other than the show (because it's fucking terrible) and features a nice retrospective on The Family Ness and asks how any could have been so stupid not to realise how offensive The Final Solution was.

The review of the WCW Episode of Baywatch and Thunder In Paradise also gets repeat listens

Edited by WyattSheepMask