Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Knowing Austin, he'll record it and tape over it with Tommy Boyd's Human Zoo or some shit. He's recorded a William Regal interview and Jim Cornette podcast and the daft shite has lost both of them. Instead we get something like "here's an interview with a guy who writes for Hunting Monthy. Tell me about the damn Kliq and John Stossel?". He recently did an interview with Taz which lasted about 40 minutes, the audio was fucked and Austin quickly ended it, with a "bye Taz" in a pre-tape. As if he lost half of that as well. Sort it out Steve.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator
Knowing Austin, he'll record it and tape over it with Tommy Boyd's Human Zoo or some shit. He's recorded a William Regal interview and Jim Cornette podcast and the daft shite has lost both of them. Instead we get something like "here's an interview with a guy who writes for Hunting Monthy. Tell me about the damn Kliq and John Stossel?". He recently did an interview with Taz which lasted about 40 minutes, the audio was fucked and Austin quickly ended it, with a "bye Taz" in a pre-tape. As if he lost half of that as well. Sort it out Steve.

Ā 

He did lose half of the Taz one. He's bitching about the software he uses failing quite vocally and kinda libelly if he's not completely accurate. He doesn't quite strike me as the most techy guy so...

• Paid Members

He's admittedly a low-tech redneck. Can only imagine how pissed off he was when he found out his Cornette interview was fucked. He chatted to him for two hours and the recording only picked up Jim's voice throughout the whole thing. When the editor got hold of it the tape was nothing but Cornette talking to himself.

Ā 

Interestingly, the guy who ran the JR Q&A tour over here sent a question in for the latest show to ask if Steve would ever consider doing one. Austin seemed open to the idea, but clearly has a ton of other commitments and things in his schedule before he's going to consider getting over to the UK. He has said he wants to take the podcast on tour in the US, if he did that over here I'd be in like a shot for it.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Starting to wane on interest on Austin's, a lot of the stories are getting repetitive. Bit of a saturation going on just now with colt, Austin and now Jericho all going in same market. Austins complaining so much and his "working man" comments grate on me too when he's sitting in a 100+ acre branch just shooting deer for 3 months.spend some money on better kit than skyping like a horny 14 year old then.

• Paid Members

On the poor quality audio front, Rob Naylor's phone quality on his Observer interview from last night is pretty rotten, interesting insight into NXT and how he got there though. Apparently he became friendly with Punk due to Punk pm'ing him on the DVDR message board when he reviewed his ROH matches with Joe..

Ā 

Steen in the new Austin podcast is great too, Austin genuinely sounds like he's become a fan of his.

Ā 

Anyone bothered with MLW VIP? At one point I loved their stuff but I don't think I can stomach anymore Court Bauer in my week..

• Awards Moderator
On the poor quality audio front, Rob Naylor's phone quality on his Observer interview from last night is pretty rotten, interesting insight into NXT and how he got there though. Apparently he became friendly with Punk due to Punk pm'ing him on the DVDR message board when he reviewed his ROH matches with Joe..

Ā 

Steen in the new Austin podcast is great too, Austin genuinely sounds like he's become a fan of his.

Ā 

Anyone bothered with MLW VIP? At one point I loved their stuff but I don't think I can stomach anymore Court Bauer in my week..

Ā 

All good apart from the El Generico - Zayn stuff going waaaaay over Steve's head...

• Paid Members

Austin had a 2 parter on Chris Jericho's podcast. Its fantastic. Especially part 2. He's just so interesting to listen to. What I find great is, he has a social life, he works in movies, he does his podcast, he's got a new wife, he's got all this shit going on, yet he still found time to watch Barbed Wire City on DVD. You also get a sense he's never coming back. He seems to have fallen out of love with how the business is and he keeps stressing his intention to never wrestle again. I believe him. He just loves wrestling, though. He loves Barry Windham, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat. He's loves NWA, World Class and Crockett. He's like a calmer Jim Cornette.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

If you missed the chat I had with EWW's The Dominator & Skarlett (Mickie Knuckles was in court, so unavailable!), then get over to The Rock Show official website - http://www.therockshow.co.uk - & download it completely for free. It's also on iTunes as a download PLUS there are several other downloads involving Puppet The Psycho Dwarf from this year too ... check the Downloads section for all these plus a shitload more.