Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Austins two podcasts with enzo and cass are great listens, he's very into them, and sense him getting a semi at all the hot tag chat.

• Paid Members

Stone Cold is pretty scathing in his criticism of WrestleMania in his review with Court Bauer on today's Unleashed show. I don't think there's a match on the whole card that he didn't have a problem with. He liked the women's match a lot but buried the commentators for their contributions to it. He tries to be diplomatic and is always careful to criticise the creative decisions not the talent, but it's not difficult to work out when he's basically calling a shit match a shit match.

Ā 

It's pretty refreshing to hear somebody so close and important to the company give such honest opinions, but it really makes you wonder why nobody in the office seems to want to listen to what the likes of Steve Austin have to say.

Edited by Arch Stanton

I love 2016 Austin just as much as anybody, but I tend to find his criticisms of today's product like an old-timer wrestler version of Internet whinges. It's not like they're not valid complaints, sometimes even with logical solutions. But in both cases, it often a) tries too hard in 'booking the territory' which is something the WWE model simply does not lend itself to anymore and b) ends up being reduced to 'I like wrestling done this way, so WWE should do wrestling this way'.

Ā 

He's by no means the worst offender, and I certainly think he has valid things to say about individual performers and the lost art of getting over, but his simplified assessment of the product let's him down a bit.

Gallows and Anderson on Jericho's podcast is a really fun listen. Been liking auld Y2J's podcast a lot lately, less tiresome than Austin's phone interviews with Court fucking Bauer anyway.

• Paid Members

anyone been listening to Vince Russo's Brand on Podcast One now it's free? He puts out a stupid amount of content but every show has a different kind of theme. I enjoy it, i've been listening to the news related podcast and the Mania recap. Whether or not you'll enjoy is probably entirely based on how much of Russo you can take though,

anyone been listening to Vince Russo's Brand on Podcast One now it's free? He puts out a stupid amount of content but every show has a different kind of theme. I enjoy it, i've been listening to the news related podcast and the Mania recap. Whether or not you'll enjoy is probably entirely based on how much of Russo you can take though,

How many bro's per episode?