Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

You can tell, at least most of Sheiks nonsense originally came from him. God knows where fuck money, meat sauce and olive garden came from. Not even Virgil seemed to know when Colt asked him about it.

When they first started managing him he'd go on about Asian hookers too, think they've dropped that one though.

FWIW, Virgil apparently has the same manager/agent as the Iron Sheik and is following his lead in doing an internet gimmick to keep attention on him.

Yeah it's been apparent for a while, and has been nowhere near as 'successful' (if that's the right word) as his efforts for Sheiky Baby in that its not funny and hasn't led to him getting anything close to the amount of social media presence Sheik has.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Lots of people have raved about the SCG podcast so I thought I'd give the Monday Night Wars series a try but on my phone, the oldest one in the feed (I'm on iPhone btw so it's just through the generic podcasts app) is SCG#62. Any way to get further back from that? Am I just being a bit dense? Thanks

Direct links pal

1995 http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/feznb8/SCGRadio22-TheMondayNightWarin1995.mp3

1996 p1 http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/56jfgt/SCGRadio29-TheMondayNightWarin1996-Part1.mp3

1996 p2 http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/2axgr8/SCGRadio39-TheMondayNightWarin1996-Part2.mp3

1996 p3 http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/y37x5k/SCGRadio40-TheMondayNightWarin1996-Part3.mp3

Nice one Rick ;-)

I was just doing to suggest going to squaredcirclegazette.com - every show we've done is archived on there and you can use the calendar feature to go back to the older shows.

• Paid Members

FWIW, Virgil apparently has the same manager/agent as the Iron Sheik and is following his lead in doing an internet gimmick to keep attention on him.

Yeah it's been apparent for a while, and has been nowhere near as 'successful' (if that's the right word) as his efforts for Sheiky Baby in that its not funny and hasn't led to him getting anything close to the amount of social media presence Sheik has.
They should make Virgil more of a presence based on what we have all laughed at for the past decade.possibly feature him for 1 min every week on the E&C show.

Hidden cam of Virgil setting up merch stalls in strange places, puzzling the general public. Introducing himself as "hi, Virgil, wrestling superstar". Then he just hustles and tries to shill random shite he has signed for 10 dollars.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Just to drop this in here, but the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline to cover May and June of 1998! Talking every episode of Raw and Nitro as well as backstage notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time, we talk all about Eric Bischoff's grandstand challenge to Vince McMahon, the continued rise of Bill Goldberg, Austin and McMahon being Gods among men, the nWo Wolfpac becoming fully formed, crazy backstage turmoil and politics in WCW, Kane's 24 hours with the WWF World Title, Hell In A Cell, a huge week on the horizon for WCW and the WWF setting their course on the Highway to Hell, as well as all the facts and figures of the time. A fascinating two months to reflect on, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/vhpu5q/SCG_Radio_82_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_1998_-_May_and_June.mp3

• Paid Members

I quite liked Flairs podcast when the sound quality wasn't gash, hopefully he restarts it at some point on another platform. I'm sure PodcastOne will snap him up if they get the chance.

i gave up on it after listening to a few. Flair seemed to be enjoying himself but they were tough to get through sometimes.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Flair podcast but really grew to dislike Conrad. Paying to be Ric Flair's new best mate doesn't make you a grizzled vet.

He's insinuated on Twitter it's a money issue and it's been a full year since the podcast started so Flair is probably out of contract and looking for better offers.

• Paid Members

Anyone else picture Conrad to be the exact model of Eugene from the Walking Dead?

1415601999349_wps_82_The_group_must_cont

"The smartest man I ever met happened to love my hair. My old boss, The Nature Boy, Ric Flair, the dirtiest player in the game. He said my hair made me look like, and I quote, 'a fun guy.' Which I am."

• Paid Members

Just to drop this in here, but the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline to cover May and June of 1998!

When this was announced on last week's show, I did a little fist pump. I love this series.

• Paid Members

he actually looks absolutely nothing like i expected him to look:

565f263ab9fb9.image.jpg

Going to be a bit bold and say, I think Ric is off his face here.

So wasted he probably spent hours boring Pavarotti about air hostesses.