UFC on FOX 5: 'Henderson vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone else feel like BJ vs Rory has kind of become the real main event here? Benson/Diaz will be awesome, it will probably be a better actual fight but there seems to be a real buzz around this BJ/Rory fight.

With the comeback story around BJ, the Ivan Drago ice coldness of Rory, the brilliant Road to the Octagon piece on them, the intense back and forth at the press conference, then the weigh in. It feels like a bigger fight than it's been billed as.

My predictions were based more on my heart than my head, but I've got:

Diaz R3 TKO

Shogun R3 TKO

Penn R1 KO

Swick UD

And tomorrow is all about Penn, he's looking a million bucks. Unless he's taken some acting lessons in his time off, he appeared more genuinely excited about fighting than I've ever seen from him on that great preview show.

And it might slightly be about Nam Phan and The Hulk as well, love those guys (no homo).

• Paid Members

Shogun looked in good nick at the weigh ins. I'm hoping for a KO or submission from him tonight. We don't really know about Gustafsson's chin yet and his ground game has been his weaker area in the past so I could see Shogun finishing on the feet or the ground.

This fight will tell us a lot about Gustafsson, if he can beat Shogun, and especially if he finishes him, he's ready for the title shot.

I'd like to see Shogun catch him early. After his last 2 fights the last thing he needs is a 3rd all-out war in a row.

Archived