UFC on FOX 5: 'Henderson vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I like Gusty on points and maybe Rory on points or late stoppage.

Nate vs Bendo is a tough one, I say Nate on points after outboxing Bendo and doing enough, but Nate himself does not think he can can win on points. Maybe he can stop Bendo in the middle rounds though.

If Bendo wins it will be on points, no doubt.

Yeah, I like Gusty on points and maybe Rory on points or late stoppage.

Nate vs Bendo is a tough one, I say Nate on points after outboxing Bendo and doing enough, but Nate himself does not think he can can win on points. Maybe he can stop Bendo in the middle rounds though.

If Bendo wins it will be on points, no doubt.

I voted for the poll as you was submitting your post. I'm in agreement with your predictions. I can't see Bendo losing, be something if Diaz can submit him considering Bendo's submission defense.

---

The UFC started the following with UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit and they've done it for Henderson vs. Diaz, four complete fights of each fighter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUicRCQNBXA...mp;feature=plcp

One of the included fights is one of the best I've ever watched, Henderson vs. Cerrone I at WEC 43. I thought Cerrone won that fight 3-2. Anybody else?

• Paid Members

Here's how the full line-up stands now;

FOX MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Benson Henderson vs Nate Diaz - UFC Lightweight Title

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs Alexander Gustafsson

BJ Penn vs Rory MacDonald

Mike Swick vs Matt Brown

FX PRELIMS

Yves Edwards vs Jeremy Stephens

Raphael Assuncao vs Mike Easton

Ramsey Nijem vs Joe Proctor

Henry Martinez vs Daron Cruickshank

Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo

Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Scott Jorgensen vs John Albert

I'd rather have seen Jorgensen/Albert on FX over the likes of Nijem/Proctor or Means/Trujillo to be honest but it's no biggie.

To add to the above pic...

shogun_gus_staredown_medium.jpg

penn_macdonald_staredown_medium.jpg

Haven't seen the presser yet but Dana having to step in between BJ and Rory there, I like to see BJ acting like this. It's a good sign, he's still well up against it here with the size difference and stuff but at least he seems into it mentally. Sometimes it's like he handicaps himself before he even goes out there by not seeming to focus.

Another thing to consider here, Rory had a bad cut right on the eyebrow a couple of months back which is what delayed the fight originally...

rory2_large_large.jpg

...if that bastard opens up again this could be a whole new ball game. Size does fuck all for you if you can't see and/or get freaked out by the sight of your own blood. Of course it might not be a factor but worth thinking about.

Really rooting for Diaz, Shogun and BJ for this.

• Paid Members

I've just started watching the press conference. Full thing's here for anyone interested;

Anyway, I don't know what it is about Sinister Rory but seeing him sitting there all stoic in his suit reminded me of another epic press conference moment...

image4_1267456535.jpg

Rory McDrago.

"If he dies...he dies"

• Paid Members

Watching some highlight videos and stumbled upon this...

It's a highlight of Nate Diaz's win over Jim Miller. But the thing you need to see is the beginning.

Nate Diaz...Gene Hackman...Behind Enemy Lines :laugh:

EDIT - Y'know, rewatching them Diaz/Miller clips, I forgot just how much Diaz bossed that fight. I knew he won comfortably but I didn't remember just how severe a clowning he put on Miller while he took him apart. I still think Benson will win but this is Diaz's best time for the title shot no doubt. He's never been more ready for the shot. His last 2 performances vs Miller and Cerrone especially were outstanding. He's really hit his stride now.

It was the same with Nick. He was always really good but it just seemed like somewhere around 2009 everything just clicked into place for him and he was on a roll from that point forward. Since dropping back to 155 and starting from the Gomi fight, Nate looks to be going through something similar.

Another thing I forgot about Diaz vs Miller...

tumblr_m3pz09kHKM1qlskhvo1_500.gif

Nate nearly choked the fucker's tongue off.

How,could you forget about that? That's the only thing I remember about Diaz/Miller :laugh: Diaz/Henderson should be awesome. Edgar did well against Bendo striking, and Diaz is a much better striker, with considerably more power. Obviously Bendo has his wrestling, but at the same time Diaz has a dangerous guard. To counter that, Bendo is near impossible to submit. Oh, I'm psyching myself up just talking about it, so ready for this!

• Paid Members

Yeah, Nate's title shot couldn't have come at a better time. He's looked amazing recently, particularly in the Miller fight. I thought Miller would be a massive test for Nate, but he completely demolished him. Watching those highlights he looked even better than I remembered.

I can't wait for this show.

• Paid Members
How,could you forget about that? That's the only thing I remember about Diaz/Miller :laugh:

Yeah I remembered him talking shit and taunting but didn't recall just the level of piss taking he did. Maybe because it was a highlight video and it had all those bits spliced together in rapid fire it stood out more.

Edgar did well against Bendo striking, and Diaz is a much better striker, with considerably more power.

I don't think I'd really say Nate is particularly powerful. It's his timing and accuracy more than power that fucks people up in my opinion. He seems to break guys with his pace and combinations more than serious hurtful shots. It's usually an accumulation of shots with both Diaz's.

But yeah, this fight should be tremendous. For each guy's strengths the other has a counter. It's a fascinating fight. I just feel like Benson has a higher chance of winning for the reasons I gave earlier in the thread. I hope I'm wrong though.

Added pressure on the Shogun vs. Gustaffson fight, Dana White's said it's a number one contenders fight for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Wandshogoun09 is going to be even more tense now ;). However White's changed his mind in the past when deciding who's the number one contender.

Archived