UFC on FOX 5: 'Henderson vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The preview show is tremendous. It really is. I don't watch many UFC hype specials these days, I watch every card regardless and know who everyone is so I normally give the preview show a miss, so maybe they're all of that standard. I doubt it but it's possible. That show is phenomenal though.

• Paid Members

Haven't watched the preview yet but looking forward to it. The one they did for the last FOX show was great as well. Different feel to them than the usual Countdown shows.

Hopefully they'll have them little profile pieces before the fights on the night again like last time as well. It really makes the FOX shows stand out and gives you something to connect to other than the usual "I'm gonna knock him out" stuff they do in the regular pre-fight montages.

Feels like a long time since we've had a free UFC event, the last one was Franklin vs. Le. Really looking forward to this one, could be in contention for fight card of the year if everything plays out the way it's supposed to. The injuries/illnesses now striking the card are a little worrying, but as long as they don't touch the fights I'm interested in, all is good. I really don't rate Chiesa, so no great loss there.

December 2012 is a great time to be a MMA fan. If the world does end, we're finishing with a bang (although missing UFC 155 if the Mayans have it right)

• Paid Members

Henderson and Diaz are tied in the poll at 11 votes each. Shows what an interesting match this is that everyone's split on the outcome.

Bit surprised so many like Gusty to KO Shogun. A win for him is very possible but a KO is not something that will come easy. Shogun's chin is iron, Hendo couldn't stop him in 5 rounds so it's a big ask for the Swede to put him away in 3.

Rory's leading 20 votes to 2 over Penn. I think that's the most one sided poll on a fight I've ever seen on here.

• Paid Members
BJ may have more chance than the poll on here suggests, I am picking Rory but if it turns into a striking match early BJ could clip him.

The BJ vs Rory bit on the countdown show was fantastic, I was already rooting for BJ but more so than ever.

Agreed Jim. The BJ/Rory segment was quite brilliant. As mentioned above, there is something bizarrely charismatic about Macdonald but I can't quite put my finger on it? It's something to do with him looking like a maths teacher yet having the "couldn't give a fuck" attitude. His comments regarding opponents as just being bodies piling up was quite badass too.

However, as with you, I'm rooting for BJ.

• Paid Members

Rory has the vibe of a young Hannibal about him to me. Only John Danaher beats him as far as MMA personalities with sinister undertones. Creepy as fuck the pair of them.

I'm hoping for BJ to pull off the upset as well and, like Jim, I think he has a better shot than the poll would suggest.

I'm hoping for a Penn KO, but expecting a Rory decision.

• Paid Members

That Road to the Octagon special was really, really great. Little bit less sullen and more upbeat than the Countdown shows are. It got me excited for this weekend.

Agreed that there's definitely something eerie about Rory too, no question. He talks in the Road to the Octagon about how he suffered with 'rage' as a youngster, and found it hard to make friends (Can see where he got the side-parting from now. Mike Ricci!). His stare from across the Octagon is something to have nightmares over. He just looks through people.

7ccbf_Rory-MacDonald-QA-478x2701.jpg

:crazy:

Oh yeah, the real reason I came into this thread - Fight Week Blog week. UFC on Fox 5.

• Paid Members

the impression i got from the Road to the Octagon is that Rory's not comfortable doing the 'city kid' thing with Mike Ricci. Ricci's clearly a bit of a poser and he said he's tried to show Rory how to live a bit, and it just feels like Rory's just pretending so he can fit in, anyone else get that vibe from it?

Weird fucker.

BJ came across great though, seemed relaxed and happy and genuinely motivated to put on a good show.

Rory has the vibe of a young Hannibal about him to me. Only John Danaher beats him as far as MMA personalities with sinister undertones. Creepy as fuck the pair of them.

You're forgetting a certain TUF contestant there:

James-Chaney-TUF.jpg

Genuinely frightening bloke, although unlike with Rory, I bloody love him.

Archived