UFC on FOX 5: 'Henderson vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it will happen here. Condit weathered the storm but I don't fancy Penn doing the same. If BJ wins it will probably be early on. I'd fancy Rory to hold up better late on than BJ, especially with the size advantage.

I've picked Rory to win from the off but I'm not declaring him unstoppable or the next Jon Jones or whatever based off what we've seen so far. He's got to prove it against true top welterweights.

My point on Rory is that Condit may have exposed a possible mental weakness in Rory. Just a thought.

Another thing from those conference call quotes, Benson can't seriously believe the second Edgar fight was that close. The first fight was close, the second fight wasn't. Frankie won 4 of the 5 rounds. I know he isn't gonna say he won a bullshit decision but, you know.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Great to see Christmas Welsh Rashad back.

I was looking forward to seeing Schaub's KO face again as well. Oh well we can always go back and watch Nog make him do the Flair flop.

And the fact that a man named Lavar 'Big' Johnson has been forced out with a groin injury of all things is a cruel twist.

• Paid Members
Great to see Christmas Welsh Rashad back.

seconded :)

on topic, is there any reason for the hold up with Mark Hunt? a few times we've called for him to get the nod when people get pulled out but he aint got a sniff, is he hurt? You'd think he'd be a shoe-in for a Southern Hemisphere card. I noticed a few new interviews popping up in recent weeks but i haven't seen any of them.

• Paid Members

New bout order for the show next weekend...

FOX MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Benson Henderson vs Nate Diaz - UFC Lightweight Title

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs Alexander Gustafsson

BJ Penn vs Rory MacDonald

Mike Swick vs Matt Brown

FX PRELIMS

Mike Chiesa vs Marcus LeVesseur

Yves Edwards vs Jeremy Stephens

Raphael Assuncao vs Mike Easton

Ramsey Nijem vs Joe Proctor

Henry Martinez vs Daron Cruickshank

Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Scott Jorgensen vs John Albert

Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo

Anyone know if we're getting the FX fights on ESPN? The EPG listings have the main card starting at 1am but no mention of the prelims as yet.

I've not set my laptop up and watched the Facebook prelims for quite some time, but this is looking like the kind of show that will get watched from top to bottom. Hopefully, finished off with a Diaz Champion

• Paid Members

According to that the FX fights won't be on ESPN. They have the FOX main card starting live at 1am but ESPN Kicks and World Series Boxing on in the slot the prelims would have been.

Oh well. Have to stream it. I'll defo try to watch the whole thing live. When Scott Jorgensen is on the Facebook prelims you know the card is stacked.

Really looking forward to Siver/Phan and Edwards/Stephens on FX as well.

• Paid Members

Mike Chiesa is out now with some illness. Looks like LeVesseur is off the card as well, presumably it was too late to find a replacement for Chiesa.

It's shit but I can live with it as long as the fights I'm most bothered about stay intact.

Mike Chiesa is out now with some illness. Looks like LeVesseur is off the card as well, presumably it was too late to find a replacement for Chiesa.

It's shit but I can live with it as long as the fights I'm most bothered about stay intact.

Was that suppose to be the FX main event? Cause they might switch some things around if that fight was the selling point for FX (mostly for Chiesa). Far fetched but possible.

• Paid Members

Yeah it was the FX main event. They'll probably have a re-shuffle. Apparently the FX bit is meant to have 6 fights but I just saw a line up on MMAJunkie which had 4 fights on FX and Siver vs Phan was on Facebook.

Fuck knows. Siver vs Phan deserves to be on TV though for sure. Edwards vs Stephens will probably headline on FX now I'd imagine.

Archived