UFC on FOX 5: 'Henderson vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully the UFC live up to their word and give Gustafsson the next crack at Jones after he runs through Chael Sonnen. I'm not holding my breath though.

I think that might depend on Henderson/Machida. If either put on a great performance, they could get the nod.

Well, considering Jones isn't fighting Sonnen until April next year, if Henderson/Machida provide the next challenge it's possible that Gustafsson could have fought another twice by the time he gets near a titleshot.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My recording cut off into the third round of the Diaz Fight and I missed half of it, but Benson really shut him down. Nate just had no opportunity to get going at all. Credit to Henderson.

Just imagine a repeat of the second and what you saw of the third ;). So one sided.

Hopefully the UFC live up to their word and give Gustafsson the next crack at Jones after he runs through Chael Sonnen. I'm not holding my breath though.

I think that might depend on Henderson/Machida. If either put on a great performance, they could get the nod.

Well, considering Jones isn't fighting Sonnen until April next year, if Henderson/Machida provide the next challenge it's possible that Gustafsson could have fought another twice by the time he gets near a titleshot.

Yeah I think he'll be having at least one more fight. How you getting on watching the fights you taped?

Yeah, seeing how hard his mother has worked to give him a good upbringing, coupled with how classy Benson himself is really makes his win last night more enjoyable. The very idea of the two Diaz brothers standing in that cage with a UFC strap would have made me want to throw up.

Yeah, seeing how hard his mother has worked to give him a good upbringing, coupled with how classy Benson himself is really makes his win last night more enjoyable. The very idea of the two Diaz brothers standing in that cage with a UFC strap would have made me want to throw up.

I'm in full agreement with you.

• Paid Members

Gustafsson vs Machida could be a great fight. It's a shame how the timing's worked out because Gustafsson is defo the rightful next in line at 205 but he's said himself he's gonna have to probably fight again because he wants to stay active.

If Gustafsson fights Machida I wouldn't mind seeing Shogun vs Hendo 2 when they're both healthy. Hendo might not go for it though considering he beat Shogun in his last fight.

If someone had to ask me my dream results for all fights I don't think it could have really gone any better.

If you asked to name my nightmare results, I do not think it would be any worse. :angry:

Times are a changing, but outside of JDS is the new school do not do much for me in terms of personality. Rory has the personality of a brick, and Benson is still bible boy, great fighters but boring bastards. Charisma is something most are just naturally born with, so I do not expect or want either to become Chael Version 2.0.

The fights were pretty good last night, I enjoyed Shogun vs Gusty and the opener was fantastic. BJ vs Rory was depressing but not offensive (you could not say it was boring) and Nate vs Bendo was one-sided and like the BJ fight was for me, a bit depressing. Yes anyone who wants to brag about me being wrong about Nate winning, gloat now please :angry:

Swick vs Brown was a perfect opener, Brown has improved so much.

So the fights were good, but for me the new blood will take some time to warm to.

Whilst someone with an interesting story or an engaging personality is good, I'm mainly concerned with how they do their talking in the cage. The guys you mentioned there are always exciting to watch, and that's the main thing for me.

I tune into a UFC show to see top level, competitive fights. I watch Raw on a Monday night to see personality and promo skills.

Whilst someone with an interesting story or an engaging personality is good, I'm mainly concerned with how they do their talking in the cage. The guys you mentioned there are always exciting to watch, and that's the main thing for me.

I tune into a UFC show to see top level, competitive fights. I watch Raw on a Monday night to see personality and promo skills.

With personality though comes emotional connection, you are going to care more if you have a emotion towards someone either good or bad. I am not talking about WWE style promos. For example, other than Chael who is naturally personable, I hate it when guys force personality like Tom Lawlor does in my opinion.

Guys like Rampage and BJ had a natural charm and charisma to them, which got me interested regardless if I loved them or hated them. Matt Hughes is the best example of a guy I loved to hate, he was not exactly forcing it was he?

Benson and Rory I feel no emotion towards other than maybe wishing someone I cared about was on my TV, I think they are great fighters but that is it. Its just my view maybe other are different.

The issue I have with Chael primarily is that he wasn't always this personable, charisma-drenched character. Back in his original UFC run, and his stints with Bodog and WEC he was simply an upper-mid level wrestler who could grind out results. The same could be said about his early fights back with the UFC in 2009.

All of a sudden he developed a "personality" before his bout with Anderson. It's for this reason that I can't really be arsed with him. You talk about Tom Lawlor forcing a personality? Sonnen is doing the exact same thing in my opinion. Lawlor is a bit more obvious with his pro wrestling schtick though, that's for sure.

Sonnen is still the same upper-mid level wrestler who grinds out results. He's finished in one of his last seven wins, and that was against Brian Stann. Apart from that he's decisioned every fighter he's beaten since 2007.

I'll give you Rampage. He's a guy with a genuine level of charisma, and he came across as a real bad fucker in his days in PRIDE.

Does anyone have a gif of Diaz doing his 'gangsta' mean mugging and Henderson dropping him on his arse? That was hilarious.

I'm a huge fan of Shogun but he seriously needs to stop fighting. He gasses in 2 minutes, His technique has completely gone and all he seems to do nowadays is get dropped, cover up for a few shots and roll for a knee bar which never comes off.

People rave about his fight being the best fight ever but I find it almost embarrassing to watch. 2 guys sucking in wind with zero technique just throwing wild punches. If that is the best fight ever then MMA is doomed to never make it mainstream.

Loved watching Benson Henderson batter Nate Diaz. It's exciting to watch him constantly improve and I'd have him as a massive favorite over anyone in the LW division. I'd even pick him to beat Aldo if he ever makes the step up.

BJ should have stayed away and enjoyed retirement.

• Paid Members

I've been talking about Gistafsson for a long while championing him, but on his last nights performance against Rua, I'm convinced that if he fights like that agasint Jones, he hasn't got a prayer. I'd like to see Peen & Rua retire now, I don't want to see former legends get beaten up like that, ditto Wanderlei.

Few great fights on the prelims, Brown was excellent against Swick. Really enjoyed Hendersons destruction of Diaz too. I'm trying to place who he fights next though.

Archived