US Election

The Four Horsemen

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Who would have been Prime Minister of that National Government then? Brown?

If we were to go by historical precedent, it'd still have been Cameron, as the Tories were still the majority holders.

The point I was making is that, in answer to the question "What should the Lib Dems have done?" Clegg should've made a play for a National Government. It would've been more constructive in terms of a national popular narrative (the slogan "we're all in this together" would feel a lot more true to the general population), would've had more chance of keeping the Tories and Labour from achieving their worse excesses, as a political construct has a relatively decent track record for addressing national economic crisis, and as a benefit to the Lib Dems themselves would've made them much more likely to be electable in future.

• Paid Members

I have a mutual friend from the states through a forum about the show 'Unsolved Mysteries'. Although judging by her facebook feed, she's non pleased about Obama winning. If anyone can decipher this, please do.

"Luckily,I rid myself of a few libtards on my FB. I'm not done yet,a few left to go. Reading them and their "anyone pissed about Obama being re-elected can come talk to me,we did what was best",was just too much. I wanted to tell them what I really truly thought of them deep down. It wasn't going to pretty,and it was going to be the raw truth,and embarrassing for them. I refrained and dumped them. I'll get the last laugh anyway. Eventually,the free ride will come to an end,and paying money they don't have,for sub-standard healthcare,will bite them in the ass. I myself have absolutely no intention of giving one dime for any government healthcare. I have nothing for them to put a lien on,nothing. I do not pay taxes,have not in years. They have nothing to make me pay up,and I won't. Also,refusing to work a job,I don't have to help pay for the sorry-ass scumbags of this nation.

I won't do it. I'd sooner rob a bank for money,than work a job where my tax dollars go towards the lazy and in the immoral. I'm serious. I'm here,sitting on my ass,doing as I please (without any "help" from the government),knowing there's not one damn thing they can do to me to get a penny out of me for taxes,or for their ridiculous healthcare plan soon to be taking hold. No bank account. No drivers license. Don't own a home or a car. I have no state ID,only county,and when that expires,I'm not renewing it. Should they choose to harass me about anything they will find me digging my heels in even farther. I know not everyone can do this,most have to work for a living and pay their taxes,and I really do feel bad for those of you good people who have no choice. I for one,won't participate. I will get a divorce for no other reason than to keep or finances separate,so they cannot attach his wages,etc. I've got no problem with that whatsoever. I'm just not one of those people who can try and remain "normal" about this. I say it publicly,and I want it known. One rogue person may not make any difference. But I won't be able to complain about certain things if they do not apply to me. For me,my mindset is- Don't like it? Don't do it. (unless we are speaking about the laws of the Lord),which does include obeying our government. However not buying into their bullshit healthcare plans and such,don't fall in that category to me."

This was ONE single status I might add.

• Paid Members

She just posted this about 10 minutes ago, shame, I just came across it. For the record I am posting these in there original form.

"What really makes me giggle,is how all the libs and even moderates are of the mindset,and saying that we republicans/conservatives,are just being sore losers. Just another piece of proof to their sheer ignorance. Being a sore loser?! THIS ISN'T A GAME....IT'S OUT LIVES. We aren't pissed because Romney lost,in the way they seem to perceive it. We aren't "sore losers". We are sad and in fear of what's to come with this jack-ass in office for another horrible 4 years. I'm not angry that "we" didn't win. I'm angry that the whole country just lost,the entire country lost a lot last night,we all lost a lot. Pathetic.

The next step is Republicans pushing for impeachment,or actually pushing through with all of the BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT charges of treason on him. I wish,the Republicans that can actually DO something about all this would say "screw it" to political correctness, turn a blind eye to the racist remarks, and DO something about this mess instead of sitting back and saying "...okay."

Make what you will of that doozie.

EDIT: I was going to delete her, but I'm going to keep her around for the sake the stuff she's coming out with... Has anyone got any questions for me to ask her? Response will be posted.

A colleague at work (who loves her conspiracy theories) says that Obama is merely a puppet regardless of who was voted in, that those really in charge have their agenda. She is adamant that the US economy will collapse by the summer. I'm no expert but is she on to something, or just on something?

Usually this kind of talk is related to the fact that big companies in the US help fund the campaigns, and that they obviously don't do that out of the goodness of their hearts. Obama will have certain people who will hold more sway than others when it comes to deciding policy, and they will more than likely be rich, white and male.

In fact, they are probably the exact same guys who would have had the ear of Bush jnr before him, and would have had the ear of Romney had he won as well. Big business runs the US, and pretty much the world, but that isn't a conspiracy theory, that's just how shit goes I think.

What bothers me about the far right mentality of Republicans is that when the primaries come around and they have an opportunity to vote for these guys, they don't. Guys like Alan Keyes or Tom Tancredo or Newt Gingrich run every time and they always get trounced in the primary. They view hardcore right wingers like Romney or Santorum or even George W Bush as too liberal. They've dragged American politics to the right but like that guy who tailgates you when you're doing 40 in a residential area, it's not enough and it's never going to be enough.

EDIT: I was going to delete her, but I'm going to keep her around for the sake the stuff she's coming out with... Has anyone got any questions for me to ask her? Response will be posted.

Presumably, therefore, she lives off her husband's income. The only reason she doesn't pay taxes is she doesn't have a job! Moron. Ask her if she thinks the US should scrap democracy as it's clearly not working for her.

My aunts son in law won a house seat in Denver so it's a happy time over there for my extended family stateside. He's on the side of Obama.

I find it ironic when Cameron and Tory supporters criticise Milliband's Labour for providing opposition for opposition's sake rather than alternatives, because those were exactly the tactics that brought Cameron to office (and proceeded of course by the post-election policy of blaming everything on 'the mess we were left with').

Cameron blames everything on the past Labour Government, its his only answer in PMQs when Miliband makes valid points about the state of the economy. I really struggle to see how anyone could justify Cameron as a good PM. He's a dithering no mark.

Yesterday at the gym, the resident stereotypical obnoxious prick swaggered in (you know the one - late-middled-aged, tattoos on his forearms, fancies himself mates with the owners, wears a weight-belt for every exercise, probably runs his own landscaping van, etc), saw the US election coverage on BBC News on the gym TV, and declared at the top of his voice, "Why don't they put some fxxxin' real news on!? Why do I care about fxxxin' America! I'm in fxxxin' England!"

People like this should be spayed. It's a shame we can't employ a kind of police force to deal with idiots. I vote Brock Lesnar for Chief inspector.

Archived