US Election

The Four Horsemen

• Paid Members

Glenn Beck has not taken the whole thing well.

I haven't seen Beck since he left Fox News, and I must say that he is looking well. I think he's lost a bit of weight and I really do like his suit. It's a nice goddamn suit. The video though is combination of total fucking lunacy mixed with rather sinister rhetoric and blatant racist undertones.

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video....pic_id=24584158

Also, I saw this one another forum and thought that it was interesting.

educ_zpsd64ee713.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the right's reaction to Obama's re-election has been unashamedly racist. Here's Bill O'Reilly's take on it:

"It's not a traditional America any more. People want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama. He knows it, and he ran on it. Whereby, twenty years ago, President Obama would be roundly defeated by an establishment candidate like Mitt Romney. The white establishment is now the minority. The voters, many of them, feel like the economic system is stacked against them. And they want stuff. You’re going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel they are entitled to things. And which candidate between the two is going to give them things?"

There's loads of dog whistle racism, too, but Republicans, significantly, appeal to the lowest of the low, and it's like they've realized that said portion of their base is too stupid to motivate without explicit racism. That includes O'Reilly's 'explanation' above, Newt Gingrich saying, during the primaries, "I want black Americans to demand pay cheques, not welfare cheques," and countless other examples. Lindsey Graham said it flat-out, "We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

The most sinister thing about the GOP is that they loyally fuck over this base. The Republican mantra is, essentially, "It's us against the liberals, who run the media and want to give everything away to the gays, immigrants, moochers and minorities. We need to defeat them to regain our perfect, hard-working, white America from the 50s." And the poor, white, ignorant voters that support them are left with policies that drastically worsen their situation; trickle-down economics, outsourcing, inaccessible healthcare and cuts to education.

The GOP is a blatantly self-serving party, whose goal is to protect the rich, white establishment. And you can't run on that. You have to motivate the most crazy, angry and ignorant people, and it's disgusting how they do it and how they exploit them.

I watched the whole night on Fox "news" & some real gems came out

People who agree with Obama's values are more likely to vote for Obama

Extreme religious nutters are more likely to vote for an extreme religious nutter

No Republicans talked about abortion issues during the campaign

America is becoming (and I quote) "a more brown country"

And my favourite was Carl Rove of all people saying that we should wait for all the votes to be counted before declaring a winner (yes that would be the same Carl Rove who was in the Bush camp back in 2000)

Donald Trump also hasn't taken the result very well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...S-election.html

The Republicans have descended into complete parody now and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't see office for another eight years.

If Hilary Clinton ever runs for office again and wins Fox News would probably implode.

• Paid Members

There are some places where the GOP Crazy plays well. Rick Santorum won a few primaries. In fact I just looked at Wikipedia to see exactly how well he did. It turns out he won the primaries in Alabama, Kansas, North Dakota, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Tennessee. He also pushed Romney really close in Ohio where, according to Wiki...

...Romney barely edged out Santorum in the primary, beating him by just 10,000 votes out of 1.2 million cast...

If you are a Republican extremist living in, say, Alabama and if you are hanging out with like minded people then I can see how it would be very easy to get caught up in a bubble and to develop a distorted world view where you can't understand how anyone could possibly vote for Obama.

Take a look at this map of the breakdown of the counties carried by each candidate in 2012 Republican Primary. All the ones in green Santorum carried.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Pa...ounties_carried

I don't know how the Republicans stop the push to the right that happens during the primaries. Rick Santorum comes across like personable guy but he is also a religious fanatic, and he is quite open about it. He wasn't a joke candidate. He was serious factor in the Republican race. Not that he was going to ever win, but he was factor and a player none the less. He got 20.43% of the popular vote (which in real numbers is 3,932,069); Romeny won with 52.13% of the popular vote (which is real numbers is 10,031,336). Those numbers come from Wiki - but the Wiki article does cite sources.

I don’t see why a teenager who posts racist tweets on their personal twitter account should be subject to sanction at school. I really don’t. It’s their personal twitter account. They should be allowed to express their views. If they want to be racist they should be allowed to be racist. If they want to post multiple tweets expressing their view that, I don’t know, Pauely Shore is a cunt then they should be allowed to do that as well.

Oh I agree. Give them enough rope and all that (for themselves, not someone else!)

Still, that doesn't seem to be stopping reports coming out of some pissed off rednecks firing employees they believe to be Democrat supporters. While two wrongs don't make a right, it's understandable some will try to fight fire with fire.

Some of the right's reaction to Obama's re-election has been unashamedly racist. Here's Bill O'Reilly's take on it:

"It's not a traditional America any more. People want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama. He knows it, and he ran on it. Whereby, twenty years ago, President Obama would be roundly defeated by an establishment candidate like Mitt Romney. The white establishment is now the minority. The voters, many of them, feel like the economic system is stacked against them. And they want stuff. You’re going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel they are entitled to things. And which candidate between the two is going to give them things?"

You could have with some CGI added crucifixes on fire in the background of O'Reilly and the whole thing would not have looked out of place in Mississippi Burning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Pa...ounties_carried

I don't know how the Republicans stop the push to the right that happens during the primaries. Rick Santorum comes across like personable guy but he is also a religious fanatic, and he is quite open about. He wasn't a joke candidate. He was serious factor in the Republican race. Not that he was going to ever win, but he was factor and a player none the less. He got 20.43% of the popular vote (which in real numbers is 3,932,069); Romeny won with 52.13% of the popular vote (which is real numbers is 10,031,336). Those numbers come from Wiki - but the Wiki article does cite sources.

The Republican primary process this year was a complete dog's breakfast. The process was inconsistent, opaque and seemingly ever-changing. Nobody ever seemed to actually know how many delegates were won after every primary. With a guy like Newt Gingrich in the mix believing he could win, it led to this Scorched Earth policy where so much dirt had been dragged up on Romney that he was never going to recover. Had they gone for their usual winner-takes-all policy, I think it would have changed the dynamic of the race. If I were the RNC, I'd be kicking the arses of my state parties and telling them that next time they won't get delegates if they don't properly arrange their primaries.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

This ad by the folks at the NRA seems, well, a tad silly.

Plus, as I understand it when it comes to the security arrangements for him and his family the president doesn't have the final say. I'm sure that in reality his views are taken into account but in the end the Secret Service are in charge and can pull rank. Even if Obama didn't want his daughters to have armed guards they would still have armed guards.

• Awards Moderator
This ad by the folks at the NRA seems, well, a tad silly.

Plus, as I understand it when it comes to the security arrangements for him and his family the president doesn't have the final say. I'm sure that in reality his views are taken into account but in the end the Secret Service are in charge and can pull rank. Even if Obama didn't want his daughters to have armed guards they would still have armed guards.

Jon Stewart talked about this on the Daily Show the other day, and ripped into the whole "why do his children get armed guards and ours don't" with

Archived