US Election

The Four Horsemen

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Remember my rather deranged and somewhat off kilter republican facebook friend. Well I decided to see what she had posted on election day herself, so now I present...

When the Mitt hits the fan: Republican Party Reptiles

Like many it was excitement to begin with, there was hope that it was going to be a good day for the flip flopper.

"As of right now,Romney is in the lead with points. Way too early to get excited,but it's a start!"

Sadly, early signs shown that this was going to take a turn for the worse, and well by god wouldn't you know that's where the bile began.

"Democrats are pond scum...I worked as a Republican elected official in my polling place today, and saw them exploiting severely mentally retarded people who couldn't even communicate...wheeling them into the booth and voting for them. Disgusting. My son saw it too at the polling place he worked in."

I'm not even sure of the point being made there? Obama only won because his campaigners voted for disabled lads? I'm sure there irate, they were probably hoping to get some vouchers. Anyway looks like the whole family are in on the act of shock and awe at the turn around in republican fortunes.

"Im starting to feel sick to my stomach, My mother just said "FUCKING"....while bitching about Oblummer. That was worth all the cherries in the bowl. Hey,what can one say? Oblunder brings out the nastiness in others with his vile stupidity and lies."

Oblummer... Zing! By the way this is the part where religion crops up.

"I am not the worlds biggest Romney fan. In fact Newt has always been my choice. But Romney had some very key points going for him that made me comfortable jumping on his bandwagon.In fact,it's issues that most people don't even really give much thought to,or take seriously. Abortion is my A-1 concern. Abortion is the root of all evil in this country. Oblummer care is of course,another biggie. But religious attacks are getting worse,and Romney had no issue putting his faith out there,and that made me feel very safe and comforted with him."

Then...

"Ohio...fuck it"

Uh-oh...

"No joking,I'm going to have to a take a sedative tonight. I'm actually,physically sick to my stomach. I'm sick,and I'm jumpy as all hell,and the anger is coming fast and hard. I have one rogue Ambien I've had for about 2 years now for just such an occasion. Tonight,I need it. Feel free to honk and wave if you see cruising down the road with a chicken drumstick in my hand,sleep-driving."

At least she hasn't taken drastic measures.

"I shall do that-fly my flag at half-mast and upside down. It's the least that needs to be done."

Nevermind... perhaps a prayer is in order.

"Dear Jesus,please grant me the strength and serenity I need right now,as well as my friends and family who seek justice and truth,but have been denied tonight. It's all part of your master plan,you have something coming for this nation,this planet. And now we know it's coming sooner,than later"

Or perhaps a light dash of racism.

"It sure is a nice day to be black!"

Were missing two key things now, a bit of hellfire and a rant about facebook as it were reality, all existence waned merely on it's existence. That should round it up.

"I've had so many people sending me msgs saying "oh no,she's gonna blow","here we go","run for cover". But you know something? I'm not. Yes,the queen of nasty swearing anger-filled rants isn't going to do that. I want to,but Jesus prevents me from doing so. Those of us with faith,who believe and stay on his path,needn't worry. Because we know know for a fact,that the wrath of God is closer than ever. Even most of my conservative friends don't believe as I do when it comes to The Warning,The Cleansing,and the Second coming. I get that. To most I sound like a fruit cake. But that's ok,I don't mind being the laughing stock. For I have faith and know the truth. So when everyone asks "what happened to Isabella?! Why hasn't she busted her top?! Know this is the answer. So long as I continue to get on the right path,and work hard at it,and become as devout as possible,I think I may be a bit excited about this in fact. What many don't realize is that we are getting the justice we thirst for.It's just coming in a different way,and it's better then putting a political figure in office."

"I will have to let some of you as friends. It's not a "sore loser" thing,far from it. I just cannot in good conscious ascribe to the lives and opinions of those who are so ignorant (that's IGNORANT,not stupid,no name calling,it's called ignorance,which is far different from stupidity). All I'd want to do is bash your heads in,and that's not Godly. It's not Godly to want to gouge your eyeballs out with a cocktail fork. It's not Godly to enjoy every bad day you have,every failure you go through. It's not Godly to argue with you about nonsense whilst giving you the finger through the computer screen. It's not Godly to call the C-word,the N-word,or any other abhorrent word I can come up with every time I see your face. So I think it's best that I politely kick you to the curb. If I have you as a "friend" on here,you certainly have some good attributes. I don't allow just anyone on my friends list,really I don't. But as a friend recently said to me,sometimes friendships run their coarse,and your friendship simply isn't what it used to be. Say your goodbye's,tomorrow I'll be going through and letting you go. And you know who you are. (My sedative I had to take is now kicking in,who knows what I'd say or do).Save yourself some dignity and delete yourself. Goodbye!"

Crikey, care to show your feelings through the medium of a shite looking photoshop job?

527495_507931815898397_324650020_n.jpg

Taa.

Melanie Philips didn't take the Obama win very well

The greatest satisfaction today over the re-election of Obama is not being felt in the Democratic Party. It is not being felt among the media, who are no longer objective observers but have turned instead into corrupt partisans who ruthlessly censored the truth about Obama and helped peddle his demonising propaganda about his opponent. It is not being felt among the gloating, drooling decadents of the western left who now scent a great blood-letting of all who dare defy their secular inquisition. No, the greatest satisfaction is surely being felt in Iran.

With four more years of Obama in the White House, Iran can now be sure that it will be able to complete its infernal construction of a genocide bomb to use against the Jews and the west. World War Three has now come a lot closer.

It is said that, with likely gridlock in Congress over domestic issues, Obama will concentrate on foreign policy. We should all shudder. So far, Obama has empowered Iran to destabilise the region; supported Islamist takeovers in Egypt and Libya; is backing al Qaeda affiliates in Syria; refused to come to the aid of Americans being attacked by al Qaeda in Benghazi as a result of which four American officials were murdered; and hung Israel out to dry against its genocidal Palestinian attackers.

A report last month that Obama was secretly negotiating with the Iranian regime took on an even more incendiary aspect a few days ago with a claim that these negotiations were being led by his close friend and adviser, Valerie Jarrett.

If Jarrett was indeed involved, that should strike a deep chill into anyone who has not joined the lemming-like leap over the edge of the western cliff. For Iranian-born Jarrett

• Paid Members
A colleague at work (who loves her conspiracy theories) says that Obama is merely a puppet regardless of who was voted in, that those really in charge have their agenda. She is adamant that the US economy will collapse by the summer. I'm no expert but is she on to something, or just on something?

Usually this kind of talk is related to the fact that big companies in the US help fund the campaigns, and that they obviously don't do that out of the goodness of their hearts. Obama will have certain people who will hold more sway than others when it comes to deciding policy, and they will more than likely be rich, white and male.

In fact, they are probably the exact same guys who would have had the ear of Bush jnr before him, and would have had the ear of Romney had he won as well. Big business runs the US, and pretty much the world, but that isn't a conspiracy theory, that's just how shit goes I think.

The frequently-made observation about Obama is that he's more likely to be susceptible to influence from big business than most other presidents, mainly because as a candidate he wasn't as rich and therefore needed more donations than usual to fund his campaign.

What bothers me about the far right mentality of Republicans is that when the primaries come around and they have an opportunity to vote for these guys, they don't. Guys like Alan Keyes or Tom Tancredo or Newt Gingrich run every time and they always get trounced in the primary. They view hardcore right wingers like Romney or Santorum or even George W Bush as too liberal. They've dragged American politics to the right but like that guy who tailgates you when you're doing 40 in a residential area, it's not enough and it's never going to be enough.

The Republicans fucked themselves a bit this time around, I think, by getting Romney to swing closer to the right. As a governor, he was still right-wing, but closer to the centre, and seemed more business-like. As it is, he pandered to the fundies again, and I'm pretty sure that's what cost him.

What's ludicrous about this is that Romney's selection means the far-right and the Tea Party mob always had a cop-out from that moment onwards - now that he's failed, they're just going to trot out the line that "he wasn't right-wing enough" as the reason. As a result, the Republicans still haven't gotten the Tea Party out of their system; they might very well keep themselves out of the White House for two more elections.

• Paid Members
Good!

Very much so, yes. As long as they've got spackers like Palin and Bachmann waiting in the aisles to chuck up for candidacy, or at least drag down their more centrist nominees, they're going to keep fucking themselves. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Here's a thing, though. For a long time, it's been unfashionable in the Republican party, and America perhaps more generally, to be seen as intellectual. The Tea Party made amazing strides early on by using the "Gee whizz" rhetoric to make themselves seem more down-to-earth and commonsense-based, and I think the Republicans have used it a lot during this election.

But it's just not working for them, any more, is it? The Democrats ran rings round them strategically this time round, and Romney's speeches often came across like he was a bit dense.

Perhaps the Republicans need to start putting up cleverer candidates, or at least ones that seem a bit less cornfed.

• Paid Members
Cant find anything on BBC or such, has Florida formally been called for anyone yet?

It's still held up. On Wednesday, America once again woke up the morning after election day to reports of voters in South Florida standing in line at midnight, tens of thousands of absentee ballots still unopened and uncounted, and no way of knowing who won the state's 29 electoral votes.

At the last count Obama was 0.5% ahead.

As a result, the Republicans still haven't gotten the Tea Party out of their system; they might very well keep themselves out of the White House for two more elections.

The best thing would be for the Tea Party to separate and dilute the Republican vote. And I can say it's the best thing in my opinion because

obama.png

Apparently the Tea Party isn't long for this world anyway. I can't find online reference to the stats but after the election coverage one pundit pointed out that their base is made up primarily of the elderly and that something like 10% of them die every year without recruiting from younger cohorts.

• Paid Members
Here's a thing, though. For a long time, it's been unfashionable in the Republican party, and America perhaps more generally, to be seen as intellectual. The Tea Party made amazing strides early on by using the "Gee whizz" rhetoric to make themselves seem more down-to-earth and commonsense-based, and I think the Republicans have used it a lot during this election.

But it's just not working for them, any more, is it? The Democrats ran rings round them strategically this time round, and Romney's speeches often came across like he was a bit dense.

Perhaps the Republicans need to start putting up cleverer candidates, or at least ones that seem a bit less cornfed.

It's a rhetoric they've been playing on for ages. I don't want to be all "Only In America", but I honestly don't think I've come across any other political landscape, including ours, where an idiot stands an equal chance of being elected as an intelligent person by being marketed as "folksy", "common-sense" and "homespun" in counterpoint to the intellectual's so-called "elitism" and "smug superiority".

Most other countries seem to consider it a good thing that their governments be headed by people who aren't thick. I despise the Tories and everything they stand for, and now think the same of New Labour, but I genuinely don't think Cameron or any of our former political leaders could be considered stupid, unlike Dubya or Reagan.

Mind you, it does seem to be a relatively recent problem in the US - the vast majority of US presidents seem to have been at worst moderately intelligent until Reagan, and Bush Sr., Clinton and Obama clearly aren't morons, whatever I think of their politics.

Has anyone seen the photos of Vince doing the rounds from the election evening? He looks exactly like a man who's just flushed $42.6 million down the pan, along with a $150,000 donation to the Romney campaign;

628x471.jpg

Does Linda McMahon losing mean we can look forward to wrestlers being thrashed to the brink of consciousness with steel chairs on Monday Night Raw again?

Archived