Rule One Posted May 4, 2015 Posted May 4, 2015 All of the following are of Andre with various people, I can't name them all but will try where I can. Sorry if any are reposts: Andre with celebrities. (Michael Douglas and I vaguely recognise the other two but I can't name them.) Andre and Giant Baba in a WWF ring/Stare down with Demolition. The next two are of Andre getting off AJPW and NJPW touring buses, I believe they are from 1982 and 1983. Andre nursing a broken leg. Andre peeking through a curtain. Andre Splashing and STFing Inoki Andre tombstoning an opponent. Andre in a bar. Andre showing how big his hand is. Andre being slammed by Inoki and Tatsumi Fujinami. Andre delivering a pedigree to an opponent.
Mattyc Posted May 5, 2015 Posted May 5, 2015 With the exception of the Debbie Harry picture all of those Andre pictures are new to me, fantastic posts. Is there any back story behind the Andre/Baba stare down with Demolition?
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted May 5, 2015 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2015 First time I had seen that one as well. I think Baba & Andre had a match with Demolition in Japan at the Japanese event where Hogan faced Stan Hansen. "Wrestling Summit" in 1990, I think. Picture must have been taken at an American event to hype up the match and used in the Japanese magazines. Here is a link to official highlights of the match: http://www.wwe.com/videos/andre-the-giant-giant-baba-vs-demolition-wrestling-summit-tokyo-april-13-1990-26054509
Paid Members Statto Posted May 5, 2015 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2015 Those Andre in Japan photos (specifically the Tombstone/STF/Pedigree ones) make me realise that despite the fact he holds a place in my heart as one of my earliest favourite wrestlers, I've actually seen very little of his wider body of work, and what I have seen was when he was becoming increasingly limited by his actual wider body. Need to rectify that.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted May 5, 2015 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2015 There's something very sinister looking about that on of him peeping through that curtain. Like a giant sex pest in the changing rooms of C&A.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted May 6, 2015 Paid Members Posted May 6, 2015 Yeah, I was going to say that. Looks very un-nerving. Picture below was taken in Montreal when he first started in the grunt and groan game.
Undefeated Steak Posted May 6, 2015 Posted May 6, 2015 There's been a few Andre photos on the front page of Reddit lately. Here's one.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted May 6, 2015 Paid Members Posted May 6, 2015 Danniella Westbrook is under his right arm pit. When she still had a nose.
iamtheman Posted May 6, 2015 Posted May 6, 2015 I'm sure someone will be able to get a better picture of this than I can but for now from the new magic mike xxl trailer........
Dirty Eddie Posted May 8, 2015 Posted May 8, 2015 The Great Kabuki, The Great Muta and Tajiri hitting triple-mist.
Rule One Posted May 8, 2015 Posted May 8, 2015 Sorry for the post like this but for some reason the forum wouldn't let me post the pictures full size, I checked each one to see if it was an individual problem but it just kept saying that it was a problem with the image extension. Click the pictures to see full size, the order is: Andre and Muhammad Ali compare hands. Andre Vs Inoki. Andre Vs Rusher Kimura for the IWA World Heavyweight title. Andre with the 1982 NJPW Madison Square Garden League trophy. Antonio Inoki, Giant Baba, Kintaro Ohki and Michiaki Yoshimura With The AJPW All-Asia and NWA International Tag-Team titles. Dick Murdoch hitting Inoki with a beer bucket. Giant Baba in the film; Marines, Let's Go. (He was uncredited.) Medusa Miceli with the AWA Womens title.
WyattSheepMask Posted May 8, 2015 Posted May 8, 2015 So the WWE Archievist tweeted this earlier today. Wonder how much more random USA stuff they have tucked away
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.