The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I thought Thursday was sleepy Vince day?

Six days was my maximum I think. My first wife worked for the council and I thought she had been brainwashed MK ULTRA style. I have nightmares and at the time, I thought she was going to kill me because she had been programmed to subliminally through her Coventry council PC. The trigger would be my screams from my nightmares so I thought the logical thing to do was to not fall asleep.

I was smoking a fair bit of weed back then, completely unrelated of course.

• Paid Members

I used to go three days without sleep as a regular thing, insommnia kicked in heavy for me at uni, and I'd just stay awake dor three days and then get a solid 8 hours kip in after lectures on the 4th.

The one thing I found with sleep deprivation was the change in colours, things would have a more vibrant look to them, or everything would get a yellow hue.

To this day I can comfortably go 48 hours without sleep, you can defo train your body and bonce to survive it.

• Paid Members

When I was a kid I had problems sleeping in that I would literally sit in bed and watch the minutes tick by until it was time to get up again. Struggled majorly with it for two years then all of a sudden one Sunday I fell asleep and ever since I can pretty much fall asleep on command.

Agree with the above, your body does adjust. At uni full time, had a 32 hour per week job, played in the band AND went out clubbing 3 nights a week getting by on 2-3 hours was common for a good 6 years. Towards the end was always getting I'll but at the time it was easy. Now the thought of going out exhausts me.

Fuck this wanky bollocks. I'm in bed by ten thirty for a nice solid kip. Sleep is the preserve of the gods.

Get out of it, granddad. You don't need to be up at half 5 am to wander about in the back garden ya big mental

• Paid Members

We all know that if Vince followed the Mears Method of sleeping, wrestling would be much better. When George Alagiah comes on the box, get the fuck to bed.

That's the problem, I sit up waiting for Moira Stuart.

Ex girlfriend of Des Lynam don't you know.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

It was fucking mental those five days I went without sleep. I was convinced the people in the flat below me were blaring Eartha Kitt Bible Readings. "PRAISE JESUS!!!"/ They kind of ones. I don't know if I imagined it, but I would like the CD. She seemed right into it. Dance tunes were blaring over everything during the day, even conversations, even in the shower. I was drawing really odd things. Horrible, horrible time. I thought Schizophrenia was kicking in. Eventually it was diagnosed as being a gallstone stuck in my bile-duct. Causes confusion supposedly. Once they got that shifted, they found hundreds and hundreds more in my gallbladder. Now I'm stuck with that "ticking timebomb" (as said by liver doctor) of a problem.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

We all know that if Vince followed the Mears Method of sleeping, wrestling would be much better. When George Alagiah comes on the box, get the fuck to bed.

That's the problem, I sit up waiting for Moira Stuart.

Ex girlfriend of Des Lynam don't you know.

Really I heard she was a lesbien with Pat Butcher

• Paid Members

I'd consider watching Eastenders for that episode.

Spoilers:

I have heard that the Christmas tragedy special will be based in the Queen Vic. Pat is having a pint of Best with Saskia next to the bandit, complaining about the gearbox on the Lada she bought from deals on wheels. Saskia asks, 'Vell vot are you going to do about vit?' to which Pat replies whilst chuckling/gaggling in to her pint, "I sold it to that daft Harvey din' I, and I fleeced him for an extra Bobby Moore, cackle, cackle, tee hee cackle". Des (now the proprietor following a snide bet with Phil Mitchell and Bruce Grobbelaar) looks up and nods his head with a grin whilst hand drying a pot from behind the bar.

Moira is stood alone and adjacent sipping on a blue WKD (from a straw). She looks up and catches Pats eye, just as the sax from careless whisper kicks in (Its Robbie crying over the jukebox, Wellard has been taken away by Mr Hammond again).

Moira mutters 'its now or never', shot guns her wicked, straightens her power suit and strides powerfully over to Pat, never once breaking her gaze.

With a tear in her eye and a slight tilt of her chins, Pat looks at Moira and says 'Moira'. They embrace in slow motion snd just before they clutch tightly and dollop in to a pool of sweltering lust and stale john smiths, Des shouts at Moira.. "Oi, ger'art of my pub, go on, ger'art'. Moira, pulls away, looks at Des, looks at Pat, glances at Des again and runs off crying through the door on to the Street.

Pat screams 'MOIRRRRAAAAA' whilst simultaniously hearing the 'CLUNK, CRUNCH, VRRRMM, CLUNK' of the Lada she sold Harvey, its obvious he is losing control of it, he jumps out of the car but falls victim to himself again and his leg is run over by himself again. The car veers, CLUNKING and CRUNCHING violently, its heading directly for Moira, she looks like a deer in the head lights... Pat appears at the door out of breath, "MOIRRRAAA" she screams... followed by a black and white slow motion shot of a pork scratching dropping from her 4th chin fold with a haunting piano version of stay another day, as it hits the floor, it is accompanied by the booming sound of what can only be described as a nasty car crash sound and one solitary gong from the news at 10.

Dum, dum dum, dum dum, du du dum dum "sad outro version of the theme following a death".

Edited by Kaz Hayashi