The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

No matter the sport, Austin's always got a trick up his sleeve. Literally, in this case. Sgt Slaughter's still knee-deep in a pond somewhere looking for that golf ball.

• Paid Members

I'd seen pictures of his early career before, but until somebody tweeted it, my brain had never made the connection before that Sandman was called Sandman because he was literally The SandMan.

9e0kKoD.jpg

GHjkN3M.jpg

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Sandy can also be seen at Halloween Havoc 90 (I think) wearing Sting makeup. He'd have been like a grown man back then. Like a real manly dude, who drank and had a contruction company, and in his spare times goes to wrestling shows with face paint on. You just wouldnt imagine it. Like John Zandig dressing up as the Ultimate Warrior.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I've seen some of the transition it was pretty well done as iirc it all stems from him getting pissed off his wife keeps getting hurt and cost.g him matches or something. There's a short promo where he is sat in the wetsuit with a beer and gets asked a question by the interviewer, he just replies "life's a bitch and then you marry one" pretty heavy for 93/94 wrestling