The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

History is written by the winners and all that, I do wonder how the narrative would be if WCW had won the Monday Nighy Wars. Vince would probably be dead by now if they had

That makes sense from the POV of them talking bullshit about WCW but the fact that they need to lie about the people in their army who won the day is just odd.

• Paid Members

It's the same old revisionist shenanigans, Vince's memory is going and Tripper is refreshing it for him. WCW winning the war and Jerry Lawler getting "TNA" off the ground would certainly have been interesting. Is there a WCW won the war speculatory timeline thread somewhere?

• Paid Members

I don't think WCW could have won the war. The WWF was always going to be around. Even if they'd been second for years, they'd have kept coming up with ideas, creating new stars and trying things. Vince showed great patience and incredible balls when he was losing. He got lucky with stuff but things like letting Bret Hart go when it looked like a fatal blow show he had a great head for what was needed.

WCW imploded from early-mid 1999 when their business was spectacularly good. They just could not be losers and had no idea of how to follow up their one hit. There's no way that happens to Vince. Love him or hate him, he's changed with the times when required, streamlined his business and created business models that work.

• Paid Members

I guess in terms of sheer financial longevity Vince would have won out in a war of attrition as well. It did turn into a "give Bischoff & Russo enough rope" situation.

15 years in the business and still doesn't seem to have a scooby do as to what the hell she's doing. Incredible stuff

She knows it's about fucking people for money, on the whole, but she doesn't realise she's the one getting the fucking ... and then paying for it.

Edited by mikehoncho

Current day Dynamite on Japanese TV show "Another Stories". He living in a nursing home now. I know he was a bit of a cunt, but fucking hell he's suffered over the years the poor sod.

CuBu-frUAAAFXeH.jpg

He has, some may say Kama but then again don't know him personally so won't judge!

Its crazy its been 20 years since he hung them up and was only 36/37 (2 years younger than AJ is when he landed in WWE and the 'big run').

Given his previous 'high performance' physicality to this, I'd be well bitter to!