Dexter Season 7

Steve Justice

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

Nice!

Dexter is like Saw, Coventry City and Lost. The fans of it know it has turned really shit but won't admit it to themselves, they still think it can return to the glory days. Well, hope more than think in my case.

I gave up after the first episode. When I read the plot synopsis I thought it might make for a half decent comedy. I had no idea such a preposterous concept would be played with such a straight bat. I felt then, and still do now, that it might be the worst idea for a TV show ever.

• Paid Members
Think I gave up on it about the same time as you, Chest. Although, thanks to stuff like Netflix, it gives me a chance to pick it up again should I wish.

For me, season 1 is great, season 2 is ok, season 3 is better but not as good as 1, season 4 is amazing, 5 a mix of great and shite, 6 some great but mostly poor, and season 7 has probably been the second best season but very good overall for consistency.

The John Lithgow series was the last one I watched, he was really creepy. But by that point it was clear they'd used up all the good ideas around the concept, and were alreadu starting that slide into "how about if we did THIS (with no thought for the long-term character development) stage of writing so I moved on.

The John Lithgow series was the last one I watched, he was really creepy. But by that point it was clear they'd used up all the good ideas around the concept, and were alreadu starting that slide into "how about if we did THIS (with no thought for the long-term character development) stage of writing so I moved on.

Yurp, looking back on that season I think the fact John Lithgow was so good made us overlook the increasingly apparent issues. That was the first season that was really Dexter vs. Someone EVIL which led to the bland uninspired 5th season and the awful 6th season.

EDIT: I love the Onion

I'm pretty well known for over analysing things, but I treat TV shows as an escape from that and don't analyse them at all. I just sit back, watch and enjoy. I think it's such a shame that people give up on things so easily, because they are missing out on some great entertainment.

I'll still maintain that Lost, whilst not as great in the final 3 seasons as it was the first 3, was still some great entertaining viewing. I'm getting the same level with Dexter. I'm not sitting here kidding myself, I actually still enjoy it very much.

• Paid Members

Dexter has been bad since the start really if we're all honest. It's a dumb trashy bit of fluff. I don't expect it to be on the same quality level of The Wire or Deadwood. But I enjoy it and enjoyed this season too. I don't see anything about this particular season that has created so much scorn in Seven as this season for all it's faults was far better than the previous two. Season 3 is definitely the worst of the lot so far though.

• Paid Members
Dexter has been bad since the start really if we're all honest. It's a dumb trashy bit of fluff. I don't expect it to be on the same quality level of The Wire or Deadwood. But I enjoy it and enjoyed this season too. I don't see anything about this particular season that has created so much scorn in Seven as this season for all it's faults was far better than the previous two. Season 3 is definitely the worst of the lot so far though.

I'm pretty sure most would agree on 4, 7, 1, 2, 6, 5 then waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here 3 in terms of the ranking. There or similar. I don't think there is much doubt 4 is the best but I wouldn't put it far ahead of 7.

I'd actually enjoyed every season to a point, untill this season, which while having good points, was all over the place. They didn't seem to have any idea what to stick with and the one thing that remained consistant was LaGuerta's hunt for the butcher, which they didn't focus on nearly enough. Because of that, the whole thing kinda felt like a waste of time. Isaak was the only real highlight.

Batista isn't worthless, you take that back!

Actually I think he is. He seems to become more pointless every season. I thought they were going to kill him off, maybe the last season will see him comeback to find out who killed Laguerta. At-least give him something meaningful to do. I hope.

No idea what's going to happen next series though.

kidnaps someone in broad daylight,

Really enjoyed this series, awesome final episode. Plus there have been some brilliant individual scenes this series.

Yes, that did make me laugh in this episode. Dexter is parked right in front of park full of people and nobody saw him shove a man into the back of his car. It's no wonder every nutter comes to Miami. It's like the firestarter getting his gear out on the bus and nobody even blinks an eye. Dexter can be so stupid sometimes, but I guess you either let it really bug you or just ignore it for the good parts.

I dont know how anyone can hate on a season that had Isaak in there. For me easily one of the best characters in the entire series, it's a damn shame he had to die.

I enjoyed the final episode, can't see things ending well for Deb or Dex. The last season should be great.

Archived