Dexter Season 7

Steve Justice

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

As much as I'd love to see Doakes turn up for the comedy value of his acting, him being some kind of bitter-chargrilled-Simon-Weston-arsonist would negate all of the positive aspects of this series so far. A vengeful former Army colleague or family member 'doing it for Doakes' would be the furthest stretch I'd like to see. I really, really hope they don't have this series nosedive with something as ludicrous as that, even if...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

... as mentioned earlier in the thread, the last episode is entitled 'Surprise Motherfucker'.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Oh, who am I kidding? I'd get hard to see Doakes turn up again.

• Paid Members
Every part of my wants this to be Doakes...

That would be an interesting twist, but very unlikely. Surely if Doakes was alive he would have gone straight after Dexter.

I'm a bit puzzled?

From the original quoted post, exactly what are you/we wanting Doakes to be? Surely you're not implying Doakes to be the person lighting these people on fire? I'm only saying this in the nicest possible way (if this is what you are suggesting?) but that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Going back to this latest episode, I thought it was brilliant. Isaak has been one of the best characters of all time on Dexter, and seeing him die was a real shame. However, it was a shame in the sense there will be no more Isaak, but the manner of his death was brilliantly poetic.

The tension is building wonderfully and I think if pulled off correctly we will have witnessed the best season of Dexter yet.

Didn't they find the top half of Doakes's body when the hut blew up in season 2? The man is definitely dead.

I believe the only true identifier they used was dental, although i could be wrong and writers writing with an aim in mind could probably get past something like that in a semi-plausible way.

To those saying it's a stupid idea: Yeah... I know and it's incredibly unlikely but that doesnt stop hoping its true even if the I know how silly the idea appears, even I could overlook some silly plot holes for doakes.

Frankie: I also saw that which actually got me thinking. It's much more likely of course that the spoiler tag content you mentioned is much less direct.

More than anything I wanted to create discussion on the point of 'what if' and 'how cool would it be' rather than a real suggestion that it is what will be happening.

Anyway back onto the season as hand as i haven't commented in a while:

I love the Isaak character, I loved the motivation he had for going after Dexter and didn't expect it... at all. I Love the fact that he died prior to the last episode it leaves the rest of the season even more exciting - we know we're not expecting the main bad guy to be the centre piece of the season finale which leaves all kinds of possibilities that we've not yet seen in dexter before and it is a most welcome change to the usual format. It's the first time an actor in Dexter has made me want to search out what they've done previous to this because i really liked their acting.

I really don't want to see Deb die as others has mentioned she has not only grown into the role but has made the role something more than it would have otherwise been - we've seen this actress go from mediocre / annoying to giving some top performances.

• Paid Members

Phantom come, Phantom go. Hannah's father come, Hannah's father go. Dark Passenger go. LaGuerta and Matthews are about to blow shit wide open. Part of me wonders if Matthews will send Maria down the river to her doom and laugh it up in retirement. Surely Harry didn't let Matthews know?

God I miss Isaak.........

They'll probably find a way of putting the Bay Harbour Butcher on Batista or something.

Although i was reading on wikipedia that the 8th and last season will be a continuation of a story from this season so they'll probably string it out for a while.

Surely LaGuerta should remember Quinn showing her a sketch that he thought looked like Dexter in a previous season as well.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I'm guessing the Doakes appearances and possibly the Dexter arrest are dream sequences. I also wish they wouldn't put them right at the end of the episode so I have to watch them.

Wasn't too fussed about the couple of episodes since Isaak died. The series has definitely lost a bit of momentum but I suppose that was inevitable given that they finished the big storyline for this season 2 episodes ago and are setting up next season now. Next week should be a cracker though.

• Paid Members

The episode built moments of tension really well only to have near misses that didn't deliver the pay off. There was some tough drama in there too with Dex choosing his solitary existence away from the wonderful Hannah. Kind of a meh episode in terms of delivery. However.........

I am one of the guilty ones that watches the preview for next week.

I was so into this latest season that I had said it would hinge on the last episode whether I thought it was better than the world conquering 4th season. Having seen the preview I can safely say

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I have not been that excited about anything on TV since "Hello....Dexter Morgan" as I was to hear "surprise, motherfucker"!! Could it be that Doakes somehow survived (really unlikely...) and has been feeding things to LaGuerta to prove his innocence??? Or will that be a dream sequence as stated above?? He does look a bit healthy for someone who has been through an explosion...

EDIT - I am lying - "Hey there, little brother. You miss me?" last season was an awesome eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee moment.

Archived