Dexter Season 7

Steve Justice

I loved this week's too. There's still some little niggly bits that aren't altogether there but there were some awesome one on one scenes with Deb, Isaak and Hannah. As much as I (and most others) dislike the whole 'Deb in love with Dex' part of last season, at least it came out in a really effective way in this episode. Debra cries every 2 seconds, but Jennifer Carpenter really sold her mental state this week. There's really several ways this could all go and I'm looking forward to next week.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I loved this week's too. There's still some little niggly bits that aren't altogether there but there were some awesome one on one scenes with Deb, Isaak and Hannah. As much as I (and most others) dislike the whole 'Deb in love with Dex' part of last season, at least it came out in a really effective way in this episode. Debra cries every 2 seconds, but Jennifer Carpenter really sold her mental state this week. There's really several ways this could all go and I'm looking forward to next week.

I think that was the difference- rather than just crying - this was delirium and realisation rather than moany, bitchy typical Deb. And bravo to her for it!

I feel like the quality of this week's scene with Deb should have been what the scene where she asks if he is a serial should have been in the first ep. Absolutely awesome scene. Dexter sold it perfectly, and Jennifer Carpenter nailed that sense of everything spilling out of her at once and being utterly torn.

The scene with Isaak was great stuff too. I thought at the start of the season he would be a very one dimensional gangster honcho type, but he's been a real treat to watch. Loved him calling Dexter 'Dex' when the police were at his apartment.

• Paid Members

Good episode but goddamn Dexter is probably the biggest dumbass ever. In the first few seasons he was actually very cunning for the most part part he is pretty much half-retard these days. The thing is I'm not sure if he's such an idiot because his addiction and growing emotions are continually clouding his judgment or just bad writing.

• Paid Members

I think Dexter's been a lot better this season to be fair. He's still doing some bone headed stuff but compared to the last few seasons, he's a fucking genius. Victor aside, at least he's got a reason for going after someone that the Police are investigating this season. It's a fuck load better than seeing him just randomly going after the person that the entire Miami Metro Police Department is looking for, which has been the plot since Season Three or so.

Killing Victor in episode one was daft as fuck I suppose, and nearly convinced me to give up on the show all together, but at least it's led to some interesting consequences.

I've enjoyed this season but it does seem to be moving a bit slowly, I guess. There really can't be that many episodes left.

• Awards Moderator

Really enjoyed that episode. I think everyone expected for Isaac to be in it until the last episode given his presence in the series so getting shut of him with three episodes to go is a nice touch, especially as they accelerated the LaGuerta/Matthews side of things and randomly dropped in the apparent new killer with the box of matches.

I can see Deb topping herself in the last episode; that, or killing LaGuerta to protect Dexter. Then topping herself. Hope I'm wrong as over the entire show she's gone from being an absolute pain in the arse to being good to, in the last couple of seasons, being fantastic.

Yeah its a shame to lose Isaac. Ray Stevenson has been absolutely brilliant and his last few scenes with Dexter have been awesome. I think there'll be a fair bit of spill over into the next season, possibly with a big cliff hangar as it'll be their last opportunity. Really enjoyed again this week.

• Paid Members

Really loved the episode again.

Isaak has topped Trinity on my list of favourites - the wonderful eloquence of calling someone a "vicious little cunt" trumped our Arthur's "shut up, cunt" to his wife. His death actually came as a under-stated surprise. There was an obvious comparison through the death scene however where Trinity told Dexter it was over and condemned him - Isaak gave him hope! Beautiful!

I agree that the shocker could be the termination of Deb - I actually give enough of a damn about her now to be affected if she went. They have turned her around this season.

LaGuerta has to be in the sights but if she goes this time round - what is left for the last season?

The Phantom can't surely be more than a one episode carry over like the Bull Head man?

Quinn is fucked. Teach him for being dumb.

• Paid Members

The reason why I think the episode wasn't bad is because Isaak is the first villain from Dexter to die on equal terms with Dexter. It's the first time he hasn't got the win, and I infinitely preferred Isaak's death to come this episode rather than in three episodes with him strapped to Dexter's table. Isaak died more on his terms than on Dexter's, which is, in my opinion, good.

Archived