Dexter Season 7

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the episode, but it is annoying how all the interesting threats to Dexter seem to be disappearing quickly.

I think that's the point. Building a dam that will break and the flood will come at once. Another good episode. Not as good as last week but still progression.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I enjoyed the episode, but it is annoying how all the interesting threats to Dexter seem to be disappearing quickly.

I think that's the point. Building a dam that will break and the flood will come at once. Another good episode. Not as good as last week but still progression.
Agreed.Nexus, you don't really think that's the last of the big bad guy now that he's in jail? He even said it flat out to Dexter at the end of the episode that it's not over.

• Paid Members

There was something weird about the pacing of the episode - couldn't quite put my finger on it but it seemed to be they are starting a lot of different threads that I assume will all tie in together somehow...

So this week...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dexter and Hannah have had sex, she threatens him and then they do it again

Quinn didn't get what he asked for with the stripper

Isaac is free now and the hunt begins anew but he seems to like Dexter (or at least respects him...)

Quinn gives dirty money to Bautista who doesn't suspect the formerly dirty cop of being dirty

Deb likes someone... who threatens Dexter and Hannah who is then whacked

The husband was a skeleton

Dexter and Hannah want to be together/apart/together/apart

LaGuerta gets suspicions

Dexter and Hannah want to be together

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

But none of it felt like continuation - it all felt like starting points. Which at nearly 2/3 of a season didn't seem right. I haven't really summed up what I feel because the episode has left me feeling confused. They are setting it up so that everyone is at risk, I guess, so have a reason to tune in.

So this week...

Dexter and Hannah have had sex, she threatens him and then they do it again - which continues the Dexter/Hannah storyline

Quinn didn't get what he asked for with the stripper - which continues the Quinn/Kashka storyline

Isaac is free now and the hunt begins anew but he seems to like Dexter (or at least respects him...) - which continues the Dexter/Isaac storyline

Quinn gives dirty money to Bautista who doesn't suspect the formerly dirty cop of being dirty - trust between the two partners is not something which is too hard to believe. It will probably come back to have an effect on both Bautista and Quinn soon anyway.

Deb likes someone... who threatens Dexter and Hannah who is then whacked - which continues the Dexter/Hannah, Dexter/Deb and Deb/Hannah storylines

The husband was a skeleton - Hannah

Dexter and Hannah want to be together/apart/together/apart - Dexter/Hannah

LaGuerta gets suspicions - LaGuerta/Bay Harbour Butcher

Dexter and Hannah want to be together - which continues the Dexter/Hannah storyline

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

But none of it felt like continuation.

I cannot really agree, as everything you have pointed out leads to the continuation of at least one storyline already started in previous weeks.

I think next week has the return of Cody, Astor and Harrision, as well as Deb finding out about Dexter & Hannah and Isaac trying to kill Dexter (from the trailer for episode 8).

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Why are we using spolier tags? This thread is a discussion for Dexter season 7 US pace and it always has been.

I thought it was a really good ep this week. I can't say I agree Gordon. This ep felt like it had ties to previous weeks and it's doing the perfect job. My girlfriend made a comment as we were watching saying "jesus, Dex is in it deep this season" and she's right. You finally feel he is juggling too many things and it could all crumble down any time.

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ is Dexter a complete dumbass.

Loving the season so far. Isaak is fucking brilliant. I hope they take the unpredictable route and have him survive the season and turn up in the next one. His look when Dexter told him how he killed his BFF was amazing acting, as was the line "You will regret sharing that with me." I'll be really disappointed if he just ends up on Dexter's table.

• Paid Members
Isaak is fucking brilliant. I hope they take the unpredictable route and have him survive the season and turn up in the next one.

I had a similar thought while watching this week's episode. He appears to be too powerful a force to be taken care of within one season, what with the Koshka Brotherhood and all. That and he's bloody awesome.

I'll echo the love for Isaak, there's just that brilliant cerebral quality to him, he deserves not to just die at the end of the season whilst Dexter walks off to do a monologue of some spanish music.

I'm really intrigued with the Hannah situation, I get the feeling she could even kill Deb as she's shown she can just kill to eliminate obstacles. I'm basing that off absolutely nothing but I think it could be an interesting situation. Surely they can't just have Dexter and Deb walk happily into the sunset at the end of the next season? That's just not how I see Dexter's story ending so maybe there's a spanner in the works like that coming.

I can't see a happy ending for Dex, but who knows what they will do in the end. Isaak is probably going to die this season though, maybe the cerebral assassin Hannah will off him, then Dex will be in the clear and the Brotherhood wont go after him, I'd like see how Dexter avoids getting killed from now until the end of the season though, now that Issak is back out.

• Paid Members

Absolute powerhouse of an episode! Dexter played every emotion including what looks a lot like happiness, then Deb's self torture scene was going to earn her my star of the show choice until the gay bar scene with Dexter and Isaak - just wow! Isaak is easily the strongest character since the multiplicitous Arthur Mitchell...Dare I say he maybe able to dethrone Trinity as my all time favourite...

Brave words!!

EDIT - shame on me for not mentioning the white-hot Hannah, Batista jr in a bikini and the return of Cody and young Deb...I mean Astor!

Archived